• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing CBN Dosing

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
About to take some 2:1 CBD:CBN full spectrum oil. I have zero cannabis tolerance (Haven’t smoked weed or taken THC oil in months) but have been taking 20-40mg/day of CBD lately. I usually only take about 6-10mg of thc sublingually as the full spectrum oils seem to be quite potent for me.

How much CBN should I take for my first time? Dosing is sublingual/under the tongue. Just looking to go to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energetic in the morning.

unfortunately i cannot advise as i live in the UK and this kind of product is not available to me.

Im very interested in the results though

Take a dosage similar to your CBD or a bit less. Maybe 20mg to start. It should put you to sleep in a short amount of time.

-GC

My wife uses a tincture of THC and a high amount of CBN. I really need to look at the bottle for the milligram level (so why am I posting then right?) But that tincture knocks her out more than the tinctures without CBN.

But I am of a mind all the cannabinoids are similar. THC itself helps me sleep. That has been my nightly sleep aid all my life. Two tokes, read a little and go to sleep. And while I cannot remember my dreams if I get woken up in the middle of a dream it is clear as day that I was dreaming. So it is my personal opinion that we don't know much about cannabis and sleep. Although there does seem to be some dream recall issues. But I understand the deep non dreaming sleep is where the mind rests.

It depends, some people have benzo like effects from as little as 5mg. I've went from 5-50mg, and I will say at 50mg it is a very comfortable sleep

I've never had noticeable effects from CBN alone, however paired with any psychoactive cannabinoid and it makes it very relaxing and amazing for sleep

it is always best to start small and see what works for you.
About to take some 2:1 CBD:CBN full spectrum oil. I have zero cannabis tolerance (Haven’t smoked weed or taken THC oil in months) but have been taking 20-40mg/day of CBD lately. I usually only take about 6-10mg of thc sublingually as the full spectrum oils seem to be quite potent for me.

How much CBN should I take for my first time? Dosing is sublingual/under the tongue. Just looking to go to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energetic in the morning.

I’ve been taking about 6-8mgs of CBN with about 20-25mgs of CBD, and the two work very well together for a mild sedation. It takes about an hour or so before the relaxation turns into mild sedation. To me, it feels like the downer end of THC without the cerebral side, and in someways you could almost say Delta-8 is half way between THC and CBN. It def has some limited buzz effects, but to me it feels more akin to Kratom than THC.

I've never had noticeable effects from CBN alone
So I bought some CBN isolate and this time I definitely feel it. I took 20mg and there is a strong sedation. Definitely too much for a daytime dose. I slept a good 10 hours and feel like going back to sleep :sadcat:

I quite like this cannabinoid. There seems to be some anxiolytic properties, and my heart rate is also lowered.

I'm going to take 25mg CBN + 55mg CBD + 5mg d9-THC tonight to check entourage effect. I feel like other cannabinoids may make CBN shine more.

Last edited:
So I bought some CBN isolate and this time I definitely feel it. I took 20mg and there is a strong sedation. Definitely too much for a daytime dose. I slept a good 10 hours and feel like going back to sleep :sadcat:

I quite like this cannabinoid. There seems to be some anxiolytic properties, and my heart rate is also lowered.

I'm going to take 25mg CBN + 55mg CBD + 5mg d9-THC tonight to check entourage effect. I feel like other cannabinoids may make CBN shine more.
I've only dabbled in CBN (a sample pack) and I found it like your first post. Not a lot by itself but definitely noticeable mixed with a little THC.
I did like the effect, so I'll be following your second experiment.

I'm going to take 25mg CBN + 55mg CBD + 5mg d9-THC tonight to check entourage effect.
Pretty similar to 20mg CBN, just felt a little high and more well rounded. Fell asleep almost instantly (which is saying a lot for me as this is difficult fot me).

I really like CBN. I found a store that sells it for reasonable prices. In the past I could only find it as a minor additive in products designed to get you high (like 50mg THC / 5mg CBN) which is not what I want.

Last edited:
I am extremely impressed by CBN right now.

The effects have continued into the next day. I'm less anxious, my blood pressure and heart rate are down. My daily minor hallucinations are basically gone. Not to mention extremely restful sleep.

I took a high dose of kratom which normally would make me a little too stimulated and exacerbates my internal hallucinations and CBN is counteracting that.

I've also been dealing with alcohol induced cytokine release which causes headaches, chills, joint pain and nausea... and this is also gone. Coincidentally I just learned CBN reduces cytokines by binding to immune cells.

This seems like a miracle drug for me. Will continue to experiment to rule out placebo but this stuff is amazing.

I am extremely impressed by CBN right now.

The effects have continued into the next day. I'm less anxious, my blood pressure and heart rate are down. My daily minor hallucinations are basically gone. Not to mention extremely restful sleep.

I took a high dose of kratom which normally would make me a little too stimulated and exacerbates my internal hallucinations and CBN is counteracting that.

I've also been dealing with alcohol induced cytokine release which causes headaches, chills, joint pain and nausea... and this is also gone. Coincidentally I just learned CBN reduces cytokines by binding to immune cells.

This seems like a miracle drug for me. Will continue to experiment to rule out placebo but this stuff is amazing.
Now I have to try it more.

I always wondered if CBN was what made brown Columbian feel kinda sleepy headed. It was a different sleepy than Indica.
Good brown 'Lumbo was usually not hard to find if you looked a little. It wasn't bad at all.

I took some CBN (and CBD) before smoking some THCA once an it made the high so much better and stronger. Moreso than CBD alone by far. Now I gotta find a cheap source.

Keep us posted. Good stuff.

I'm in love with this stuff. Amazing for anxiety, sleep and stress in general.

I've noticed that 5mg is able to produce a similar effect as 20mg in terms of strength, but doesn't last as long. Don't need to dose very high. I haven't noticed much in the way of tolerance either.

CBN + HHC is magnificent and better than cannabis IMO

I'm in love with this stuff. Amazing for anxiety, sleep and stress in general.

I've noticed that 5mg is able to produce a similar effect as 20mg in terms of strength, but doesn't last as long. Don't need to dose very high. I haven't noticed much in the way of tolerance either.

CBN + HHC is magnificent and better than cannabis IMO
HHC is KING
WE ARE AN HHC HOUSE NOW
*howls in HHC*
cause I'm the HHC wolf man

From early research on cannabinol:
An additional intriguing, albeit tragic episode related to the first research on CBN involves another scientist of the same age, C. R. Marshall, who ingested approximately 100 mg of “red oil” (crude cannabinol isolate) as a means of combating boredom during the distillation of diethylzinc, a highly flammable liquid, to assess whether the hypothetic compound was narcotic. A little more than 45 min later, he was found leaning against the distillation flask in the lab, giggling and repeating “this is lovely” as flames spread around him due to oxygen leaks that set fire to diethylzinc. Only the prompt intervention of Marshall’s colleagues prevented a catastrophe, and he recovered quickly afterward
uRAr0rlm.jpg

Last edited:
It would have been between 1890 and 1930 I think.
But yes, chemists back then were hardcore as fuck.

Apparently early research into CBN killed one scientist and injured two others:
A tragic fate marked by CBN awaited the trio of scientists, despite their initial promising results: Spivey died in an explosion during the nitration of the “red oil”, while Wood became severely ill after voluntarily testing its effects. Aside from this, Easterfield is also reported to have died during this research, due to an explosion associated with the hydrogenation of the “red oil”, though later sources report that he survived and relocated to New Zealand

Now why you would want to nitrate CBN I'm unsure - the first explosive cannabinoid?

More reading from PubMed.

(The 'red oil' mentioned before was not pure CBN but instead contained significant amounts of THC too...)

From what I'm reading, CBN is:
1. Not a "natural" cannabinoid, it is produced by ageing/oxidation of THC
2. Not really active at all, compared to THC -
CBN affinities: CB1 Ki = 211.2 nM and CB2 Ki = 126.4 nM[ref]
d9-THC affinities: CB1 Ki = 10 nM and CB2 Ki = 24 nM[ref]

Which means THC is 21x more potent at the psychoactive CB1 receptor (and 5.2x more potent at the nonpsychoactive CB2R), so a dose of CBN will probably at minimum be 100mg or more, and will not be terribly effective.

CBN does have a long ass half life, this study sez: The apparent terminal half lives for CBN were 32 +/- 17 h (15-49h) and 43 +/- 29 h (14-72h) after intravenous administration and smoking, respectively. Which, at 7 half lives for total administration, means 98-504h or 4 to 21 days for a dose to be eliminated. Wowie.

Last edited:
@sekio it's definitely active from my experiences in the last week. Oral doses of 5, 10, 20 and 25mg produce an unmistakable and relatively strong sedation, relaxation and amazing sleep, comparable in effectiveness to 10mg diazepam (sans gaba effects obviously). Anxiolytic as well for me, but this is probably indirect.

It does not feel like a cannabinoid, pretty much strict sedation, there is no head high.

I fell in love with it instantly. As someone with fried GABA receptors who generally must abstain from GABAergics it's amazing for me.

Compared to CBD which does virtually nothing for me even in doses of 1000mg, it definitely feels psychoactive in comparison.

Last edited: