• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Strains & Anxiety

Id never heard of Harlequin or Cannatonic before this thread. Are there any more common "name brand" strains like Northern Lights, White Widow, Afghani, or Skunk that are good for anxiety? My medical shop of choice tends to carry stuff that is more "mainstream." We do get the flavor of the week eventually but most strains tend to be the tried and true stuff that everyones heard of before.

You're missing about 8 strains from a CBD only seed bank that started doing business a couple years ago, I doubt I'm able to post, I'm surprised if most aren't familiar. I guess you're after strains available to buy from actual dispensaries though.

If you don't know then you haven't had any. I myself have only had access to a couple.

Very true. It will be noted if it's high-CBD, and you'll notice, because you won't get high. I've had Harlequin, Omrita, Cannatonic, and ACDC (Charlotte's Web/R4), and they were all calming.

Why beat around the bush, what tincture are you taking about?

Unless you live in a medical state it's really irrelevant, since any product is local. CBD medicine is best taken as such though, smoking it really isn't going to benefit you much though. You'll do much better with dosed capsules or an oral tincture (or an edible product). If you can get CBD plant matter I'd also recommend making a ethanol extracted oil, it's the simplest (and most effective) way to make and take cannabis medicine.

^Not necessarily high in CBD...

http://dixiebotanicals.com/products/dew-drops-hemp-oil-supplement/

Stuff like this is not legal. What makes you say it is effective? You're saying I'll do better without knowing anything about me.

Dixie Botanicals is actually 50-state "legal," or so they claim. This is because it's made with hemp paste (actually waste product from processing hemp seed oil, fiber, etc in China and eastern Europe). DO NOT BUY THEIR CRAP. IT IS NOT MEDICINE.

Besides that, I'm not sure what you're saying. CBD is absolutely effective, check out GW Pharmaceuticals clinical trials of Sativex for MS (a 1:1 extract). Or all the seizure kids who have had incredible success with high-CBD oil. Or arthritis, psoriasis, epilepsy, schizophrenia patients and more who have found incredible success with CBD.

I'm not encouraging you at all to take medicine which you do not know the contents. I'm encouraging you to grow and produce your own medicine if it's something you'd like to pursue. And if that's not possible, in medical states you can have all of your medicine tested by independent labs for a nominal fee.

It is not because anything. It is just not legal.
1530725450-hot-air-balloon-rides.jpg

Please, keep going. I almost have my hot air balloon inflated.
Then I can fly away.

I didn't post the source because bluelight forbids it.

Felonious monk ( dig the name ) , how do u know they source crap hemp? I would think Canada would be their source country. I'm all about DIY, too bad I can because I don't live in a medical state. I wil soon though : D

I think cbd plus heavy metal chelators is better then no cbd period. Don't let one persons comments dissuade you from buying a product. Dixie does lab testing on their products I'm going to call them monday

I didn't post the source because bluelight forbids it.
Forbids what now?
Providing references to links in order to attempt circumventing the 'no sourcing' rule to enable someone to skirt state, federal or international laws.

Kind of like this?
Now I take cbd tincture that is legal in all 50 states; you'll find it with a little work ; )

Id never heard of Harlequin or Cannatonic before this thread. Are there any more common "name brand" strains like Northern Lights, White Widow, Afghani, or Skunk that are good for anxiety? My medical shop of choice tends to carry stuff that is more "mainstream." We do get the flavor of the week eventually but most strains tend to be the tried and true stuff that everyones heard of before.
Short answer: Yes, try an indica heavy strain.

If you have a bit of a tolerance/experience with cannabis you should be able to tell the differences in Indica dominant versus Sativa dominant (for the most part). Specifically, indicas usually have a bit more CBD than sativas (not always of course).

For example, when I'm doing excruciating physical labor which requires concentration, I prefer to smoke a CBD heavy strain to relieve myself of the physical pains but at the same time keeping my thoughts clear. I find that CBD heavy strains do a remarkable job at relieving inflammation (better than ANY other drug I have tried). This is perfect for me because inflammation is exactly what slows me down when I'm doing physical labor.

With a high CBD and low THC, I get all the medical benefits of cannabis without getting too "stoned" or "high" in my head. At times, it's perfect.

It greatly reduces inflammation in joints yes.

I would not call it an athletic enhancement; it's more of a medication for athletes (and many other people).

^ joints and muscles? athletic enhancement?

What's your question? I agree with what wolfgang said, I had the same experience. I have very painful joints at random times because of crohns maybe other issues, but it works stupendously for these creaky young joints of mine : )

Pmose, you like picking fights? This is a pretty silly one to pick. I hinted that people could look on there own for a legal product, Big Deal.

^Yes, he's picking a fight, it's all he ever does. I only respond so far as I can facilitate discussion.

Felonious monk ( dig the name ) , how do u know they source crap hemp? I would think Canada would be their source country. I'm all about DIY, too bad I can because I don't live in a medical state. I wil soon though : D

I think cbd plus heavy metal chelators is better then no cbd period. Don't let one persons comments dissuade you from buying a product. Dixie does lab testing on their products I'm going to call them monday

Thanks. This came out when one of their scientists, who participated in the formulation, came out and said he could no longer participate in such a horrible scam. I don't have the link but you can find it on google. You can also find various other materials on them refusing to give the source of their material, as well as suspect lab results (others have gotten varying results from their products).

The "company" is dizzying back-and-forth of shell corporations and subsidiaries, meant to mask the true source of the paste and allow them to import it with one company, "refine" it, and then sell it as originating in whatever country they chose. It's odd because Dixie Elixirs (a subsidiary), is an actual medical cannabis provider in Colorado, but every other company under the MJLA umbrella is a scam. Or rather, you get what you pay for, but they deceitfully market something which is not medicine (even calling it a nutritional supplement is a stretch).

^Yes, he's picking a fight, it's all he ever does. I only respond so far as I can facilitate discussion.

Thanks. This came out when one of their scientists, who participated in the formulation, came out and said he could no longer participate in such a horrible scam. I don't have the link but you can find it on google. You can also find various other materials on them refusing to give the source of their material, as well as suspect lab results (others have gotten varying results from their products).

The "company" is dizzying back-and-forth of shell corporations and subsidiaries, meant to mask the true source of the paste and allow them to import it with one company, "refine" it, and then sell it as originating in whatever country they chose. It's odd because Dixie Elixirs (a subsidiary), is an actual medical cannabis provider in Colorado, but every other company under the MJLA umbrella is a scam. Or rather, you get what you pay for, but they deceitfully market something which is not medicine (even calling it a nutritional supplement is a stretch).

Here is their source, sounds like a tightly run company: http://www.phytospheresystems.com/i...ts-2013-harvest-of-uniquely-valuable-hemp-oil

Bottom Line- Don't dissuade people from a clearly quality product or technique that is beneficial unless you can prove

PMose- I hope your next card is better then that last one. Come on, bring your gif skills.

I have gad ptsd moderate to severe. Started again trying to sleep works great bout hour or so before. Sometimes I take some antiaxiety meds before weed...it works. If u have gad u prob don't sleep yourself. Definitely works 4 me
just go slow Smoke little stop wait
Hope it works 4 u
D