• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Strains & Anxiety

thizzin' since 98

Bluelighter
Hey BL stoners,

I'm looking for some advice. First and foremost, I suffer from GAD. The stress over the past few months has been through the roof for me and my anxiety is really starting to take over.

My mind feels blank, I feel extremely agitated most of the day, I feel exhausted, nervous, restless, the list goes on and on.

Its been over 3 years since the last time I smoked. In past experiences I have had excruciating panic attacks while smoking, but not every time.

I recently found a dispensary that carries a Harlequin Hybrid. I've heard great things about this strain, but I'd like to know more.

Also, if you guys do suggest me even trying to smoke in the first place, what method would be the best way to go about it? Vape? A small joint?

Thanks in advance, your words are very much appreciated.

Harlequin, or any high CBD strain, is exactly what I would suggest to someone with stress/anxiety (it's also great for pain and sleep). I would also recommend smoking it, and only very small amounts. Try one hit and stop for 5-10 minutes to assess how you feel before smoking more.

If it has 10% THC 10% CBD, do you think I risk a panic attack once the head high kicks in?

In a worst case scenerio, would a .5mg xanax abort the high/panic?

Those are good percentages, however I can't say if you will have another panic attack. I can only suggest that you take one small hit and then quit. You can always smoke more, but never less.

Yes, in a worst case scenario (with no benzo tolerance), .5mg xanax should have you back to normal again. If you do have a benzo tolerance then more may be needed, however I wouldn't recommend making this a habit on it's own. Like you said, this is for worst case scenario only.

Maybe try not to smoke, it can be worsen. If you start to feel overwhelmed with anxiety, call a trusted family member or friend. Just talking out loud about your worries can make them seem less threatening. It’s helpful to bounce your worries off someone who can give you a balanced.

I was able to try Harlequin about a month ago. It produced a warm glowing buzz that was noticeable in my arthritic joints and calmed my beyond disgruntled GI system. Reminded me of the old mexican brick weed in early eighties (i.t.o. effect). Didn't last long but i have high tolerance anyway. Cant say it produced any type of anxiety nulling, but the absence of any discernible head high and perhaps a touch of sedative effect might make it useful for some, but I prefer Blue Dream Haze. You may not be after the thc component in cannabis but my belief to this point is; a well-balanced strain attenuates or modulates the expansiveness and rush that can be associated with strong thc highs. Foundation plants were a blueberry indica known for its tranquil, sedate mellowness that was crossed with a mystery haze (some will argue the latter) better known for its space travel capabilities. BTW, if you let BDH finish (70% occluded glands with some ambers and clear) a bit late; you will have something of a different nature on your hands. It makes it a narcotic like and a super sleeper as opposed to an upbeat, hyper focused , anxiety lifting breakfast bake.

CBD strains should be more relaxing and less likely to produce anxiety than high-THC strains. This will be most noticeable will at least a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio. The higher the CBD, ie 2:1 ratio like with some Cannatonic strains, will be less and less psychoactive (past 10:1 it's all pretty much the same though).

For use for GAD I'd try to find a high-CBD tincture or oil that you can dose orally. Smoking just isn't going to be super effective, but it will work, especially if smoking is part of the ritual for you.

I'm a recovering Heroin Addict with PTSD, I have GAD,SAD, depression, and Extreme Panic Attacks. The higher the CBD concentration in the buds, the better, especially for the types of issues I suffer from.

Great place to house adverse effects, various "strains" that are different from REAL cannabis.

hello OP, I have similar issues. I am prescribed Xanax, which I rarely take. phenibut is more of a day to day ordeal for me.

When you smoke I advise you to take 2grams of phenibut several hours before you smoke, and only take one or two hits of an indica strain through a joint. Marijuana is a very powerful drug and many people forgot that since it is so mainstream. It is best to start in small doses and with sedative medications so that you may be able to experience the THC in a pleasant manner. I also suggest smoking in an environment that you feel most comfortable, such as your room at night after a good meal under a hot heated blanket whilst watching your favorite TV show or something simple.

What are you talking about? Every strain is real cannabis, they're just that, different strains...
Just typing thoughts out loud. Does the strain REALLY produce any different anxiety results? I have bought expensive shoes, meals, weed. All I'm saying is that these were worse than what I had normally bought.

I have bought expensive shoes, meals, weed. All I'm saying is that these were worse than what I had normally bought.
If you're the type to buy expensive shoes and meals that you don't really like, then you are also the type to get ripped off when buying weed.

I don't think I'm any special type of person. Sometimes you have to give things a try.

If you don't know then you haven't had any. I myself have only had access to a couple.

I had Harlequin in the bay area, fantastico! Now I take cbd tincture that is legal in all 50 states; you'll find it with a little work ; )

Propranalol is a very nice alternatve when you don't have access or want to cut down on gaba drugs; I prefer cbd for tachycardia, esp relating to herb. In GAD and social anxiety related issues' , propranalol can well, I recommend talking to your DR about it.