View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides caution with lsd

bz.

Greenlighter
For me it's rare to get my hands on lsd. I've really got only once something that I was sure it was the real thing. I only had few blotter hits and took a half at the first time and and a whole at the second. These only produced mild effects for me.

So, I'm interested experiencing the real effects of acid so that I can get to know the real nature of this substance, so that it will not be left too mild.

I will be getting two blotter hits of something that is said to be certainly acid, but because there's all kinds of shit circling around in the blotters, I'm still not 100% sure, but need to find out.

I was planning to try this: First take half, see the taste and the duration of onset to measure if it really seems to be acid. If so, then take one and hald more, so eventually I would be tripping with two hits, which should produce a full strong trip. I wouldn't want to take it all at once and be tripping for two days with some shitty research chem.

How does this sound to you? Any suggestions? Any ideas how to make sure if it's real acid?

well, for one thing... if a "research chem" that lasts that long is on your blotter, it's likely that taking half a hit will still have you tripping for a similarly long amount of time. just a thought....

uhh what id say is if it tastes like shit its probably an RC if it doesnt then its probably clean... ie LSD... only other thing i can say is that what what youre dosing on the hoffmans and stones that had rolled around a while back had a bitter taste which is usually an indication of An RC but i believe it was the paper or the ink

Do you have any reason to suspect it wouldn't be? Lsd is cheap to manufacture and not many adulterants are active in such small quantities.

I sometimes wonder about this. I know i've had a fair few tabs which i am sure were not LSD, and im wondering if this is due to the fact of how fragile LSD is opposed to other substances such as DOx's or B-dFLY.

I mean B-dFLY is active in amount's as low as 500ug? (Although anyone would notice the ridiculously long duration of this.)

Is it actually more efficient profit-wise to synthesize certain research chemicals and get them out on the market in large quantities and 'know' that they wont degrade as quick as say LSD would?

Last edited:
honestly, i don't think there is an inexpensive way to test your blotter and still be able to ingest it once you find out if it's the real deal.

if you're being assured by people you trust that the blotter's real, just take that shit, man. personally, i like to trip all by my lonely in the dead of the night, but if you're still unsure of what you have just make sure you have some folk chillin' with you making sure you don't start going into convulsions or some shit.

I sometimes wonder about this. I know i've had a fair few tabs which i am sure were not LSD, and im wondering if this is due to the fact of how fragile LSD is opposed to other substances such as DOx's or B-dFLY.

I mean B-dFLY is active in amount's as low as 500ug? (Although anyone would notice the ridiculously long duration of this.)

Is it actually more efficient profit-wise to synthesize certain research chemicals and get them out on the market in large quantities and 'know' that they wont degrade as quick as say LSD would?

can 500ug fit onto a single blotter?

i was under the impression that they could hold maybe 300-350ug at the most, but i'm not too well versed in the intricacies of manufacturing acid... i just like taking it and going crazy for 8-12 hours. =D

shit man, i read somewhere that the average ammount of ug on a blotter back in the 60s' was like 400 ug..average.. this could be bullshit though. people i know have taken other things on blotter than lsd. but also i've heard about things called like 10-strips or something and its supposedly like a 10'hit' thing but it really could be sold as 1 big hit and they share it with someone like bite off 3 'hits' off of these 'lsd' 'hits'. maybe im just being all cospiracy theory nut cause im ripped, but i could be on to something! thats why i havnt done acid yet cause im paranoid of getting a creepy RC. im all in for shrooms man those are so cool!

shit man, i read somewhere that the average ammount of ug on a blotter back in the 60s' was like 400 ug..average.. this could be bullshit though. people i know have taken other things on blotter than lsd. but also i've heard about things called like 10-strips or something and its supposedly like a 10'hit' thing but it really could be sold as 1 big hit and they share it with someone like bite off 3 'hits' off of these 'lsd' 'hits'. maybe im just being all cospiracy theory nut cause im ripped, but i could be on to something! thats why i havnt done acid yet cause im paranoid of getting a creepy RC. im all in for shrooms man those are so cool!

i don't know if 400ug was the average, but they definitely had some high doses of LSD.

and 10-strips are just 10-hits of blotter torn off of a sheet. some people take them all at once, and i call those people nuts. 3 at the most for me.

and i've never run into bunk acid either. i've thought that i picked some up a couple times, but it just takes extra long to kick in for me-- a few times it's taken about 3 hours to start to creep on me, and i always take it on an empty stomach.

Do you have any reason to suspect it wouldn't be? Lsd is cheap to manufacture and not many adulterants are active in such small quantities.

Well from what I have heard, there are other chemicals too being put on blotters nowdays, like B-dFly or DoX-chemicals. And the source of these blotters I'll be getting is relatively unknown to me.

well, for one thing... if a "research chem" that lasts that long is on your blotter, it's likely that taking half a hit will still have you tripping for a similarly long amount of time. just a thought....

Yes, but what made me think this was the dirty reputation these mentioned rc's have. I don't really know much of these other chemicals that are supposedly put on blotters - is there any physical danger consuming at once the amounts that can be to be put on two blotter hits?

If the only thing I can suspect is a hard trip, I can bear that. But I remember seeing some news of people getting bad physical reactions from B-dFly for example.

From what I have read, acid shouldn't really have any taste, altough seems that there have been cases where maybe the ink or paper for example may have produced different kinds of taste.

I also remember reading that lsd should have quicker onset than rc's.

GC/MS analysis

Is it possible to test blotter papers? I'll look into this.

The only chemical besides acid likely to be on a blotter that I'm aware of would be Bromo-DFLY. The DOx's can be put on blotters, but you'd likely have to take several blotters, or a larger size blotter to get a substantial dose of one of those, save maybe DOB.

There's really no feasible way of testing a couple blotter hits without sending them off somewhere. LSD either doesn't have a taste or is in amounts to small to be tasted. Some people claim they can taste it, but I'm not sure about that. If the blotters are abnormally large, you might have something other than LSD, but if not, its highly unlikely.

Last edited:
The only chemical besides acid likely to be on a blotter that I'm aware of would be Bromo-DFLY. The DOx's can be put on blotters, but you'd likely have to take several blotters, or a larger size blotter to get a substantial dose of one of those, save maybe DOB.

There's really no feasible way of testing a couple blotter hits without sending them off somewhere. LSD either doesn't have a taste or is in amounts to small to be tasted. Some people claim they can taste it, but I'm not sure about that. If the blotters are abnormally large, you might have something other than LSD, but if not, its highly unlikely.

for some reason (and i have no idea if this is my mind fucking with me or not) but every time a blotter touches my tongue it makes my tongue tingle.

kind of like that feeling when you're arm or leg "falls asleep," but nowhere near as intense or even uncomfortable.... it's just a really odd tingling sensation.

I have found LSD of good quality to have a weird taste pretty often, which I've seen accurately described as metallic - it's a little like sucking on a penny if you ask me, and of course carton although the taste is not intense at all.

But I'm afraid if someone expects no taste at all they may misinterpret it. If it's gross and bitter though you probably have an RC on there.

Why not take 1, not half and not 2? Because if you take half it's double the possibility it's too little to notice anything. Say you taste nothing bitter. Then if after like 1 hour you feel something and want to go full throttle take the other one. If you feel nothing though you may want to skip the other one as well if you don't want to risk a double dose of a RC. Considering you want to do this remotely responsible this seems to me your best scenario which still isn't foolproof - it never is, even if you know what you have.

Even if it is LSD, there's no way to guarantee uniform distribution of micrograms of lsd on blotter, so there's no way to know if the second one will be as potent, more potent, or less potent than the first.

Why not take 1, not half and not 2? Because if you take half it's double the possibility it's too little to notice anything. Say you taste nothing bitter. Then if after like 1 hour you feel something and want to go full throttle take the other one. If you feel nothing though you may want to skip the other one as well if you don't want to risk a double dose of a RC.

This starts to sound like a good idea for me.

So the consensus seems to be that if it isn't abnormally big blotter, I should suspect it to be either lsd or bromo-dfly.

According to Erowid, a heavy dose of B-dFly would be 800+ micrograms, which I suppose would be the maximum that could be put on two blotter hits?

What I want to avoid is physical complications or toxic dangers, which seems unlikely with doses like this.

Is it possible to make a difference between the effects of lsd and B-dFly judging from the speed of the onset?

Yeah, i can assure you.. if the blotter is b-dFLY you wont have any issues from 1 or 2 tabs. It becomes dangerous at much higher dose's where it can cause serious vasoconstricton of the blood flow to extremities.

That said i still wouldn't be happy if i got it.

I have found LSD of good quality to have a weird taste pretty often, which I've seen accurately described as metallic - it's a little like sucking on a penny if you ask me, and of course carton although the taste is not intense at all.

that's EXACTLY what i meant by a tingling effect. for some reason i always thought of it as like a battery acid kind of taste (though i've never in my life tasted battery acid), but you just described it PERFECTLY with that.

thank you for making it easier for me to describe that feeling to other people, lol.