• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cause of ringing from IV coke

i heard its like a mini seizure/stroke type deal, this is comming from like 3 of 10 rehabs ive been in.

the noise i get is similar to the noise i "hear" when i'm in complete silence, a little buzzing noise. it only happens to me in real high doses, i do agree with blueeclipse pushing the plunger faster is also a factor, when i used 22gs i would always get the ringing, now that i moved to 26-30 1/2 gs and the flow is slower i barely get it.

I have heard multiple times it is due to the sudden rush of dopamine. The same sources always said it was not proven, but that it was the leading opinion.

Maybe information has changed since I last read up on the subject. I haven't heard of panic's theory of blood pressure ever before in regards to the bellringers though.

It's tetinitus class 3 [sic].

This has happened to me shooting meth before as well, although slightly different from the coke ring and much longer lasting. My head had a loud crackling sound in it in addition to the ear ringing, my vision got blurry and bright, and i thought my heart was going to fucking pop.

In retrospect, banging a half gram rock of meth with no tolerance was fucking crazy. I wouldn't reccommend it.

I don't IV coke or anything else anymore... I always hated when you shoot a little bit too much coke and get that serious feeling like you are gonna die. you grab onto the table and start freaking out... never again... I don't like to feel like I am getting run over my a train that is blowing its whistle and dragging me to hell. No thank you...

^that's what most of us are looking for when iving high doses of stims baby...

LivingOnValium and Ambient Dreamer are correct.

I have never IV'ed or freebased coke but I get the same ringing in the ears from high blood pressure. I have hypertension and when my blood pressures rises above 170/100, my only two symptoms are severe headache and ringing in the ears. It is a common side affect of hypertension, which stimulants can cause.

panic_in_paradise said:
It can happen from changes in atmosphereic pressure, or fast changes in elevation, going to different depth of water too fast,

That is not the same, you are describing pressure equalization in air cavities in the body. That is when air enters or exits the body via the ear drum.

Thats weird narutoken, first I thought you were banned, HAHA!, also I 've only ever used 29 ga, well 30 ga when I was with a friend who bought that weird size, anyways I almost always get a bell ringer wether I just do enougth to feel fucken great, or go so far as to think I'm about to have a heart attack and can't even hear the tv or radio cause the ringing is fully fucken encompasing my body and head. Thats usually with H too when it fully takes over like that.

But its always been with 29 GA needles I don't know what a bigger tip would do besides be less likely to clog, I mean unless you stop halfway down the diffrence between pushing down quick and fast is only like a matter of milliseconds, and possibly blowing out a vein esp if you forgot to release the tie.

panic_in_paradise said:
Again, coke makes your blood thinner, so your heart beats faster, your blood moves faster through your body, and as its rushing through your head you hear it as a riiiiiiiiiiiiiing, 'white noise', cellophane tearing, or the lovely stretchy metallic sounds.

It can happen from changes in atmosphereic pressure, or fast changes in elevation, going to different depth of water too fast, standing or sitting too fast, trauma to the head, severe anxiety and other stressing occurrences that cause your blood pressure to rise or fall.

Actually, it moves through your body because cocaine is a vasoconstrictor and thus makes all your veins shrink, increasing blood pressure. At the same time, it's a CNS stimulant, and therefore makes your heart beat much faster. When you take the increase in blood pressure and add it to the greatly increased heart rate, you end up with highly sped up blood, much more than you'd get from any blood thinning.

I dunno what causes it, but I just love that feeling of how you're going deaf as you push the plunger down. Like I know I did a good shot when I get the ringer.
I don't use very big amounts though, so I've never gotten like "the train" or tunnel vision, or any of those other things yet.
Already using 0.1g sometimes makes me feel like I'm gonna die because of how intense the rush is.

LivingOnValium and Ambient Dreamer are correct.

oook, they said the same thing I said after me, except described it as elevated blood pressure, or, the increased force of blood flow. In other words the blood rushing through your head, causing a ringing sound, which may also be described as the 'blanket term' tinnitus, which is used to describe ringing in the ear.

Edit:
Tinnitus:"Ringing in the ears" or another noise that seems to originate in the ears or head.
source: medterms.com

Actually, it moves through your body because cocaine is a vasoconstrictor and thus makes all your veins shrink, increasing blood pressure. At the same time, it's a CNS stimulant, and therefore makes your heart beat much faster. When you take the increase in blood pressure and add it to the greatly increased heart rate, you end up with highly sped up blood, much more than you'd get from any blood thinning.

QFT.

touche...

Last edited:
panic_in_paradise said:
oook, they said the same thing I said after me, except described it as elevated blood pressure, or, the increased force of blood flow. In other words the blood rushing through your head, causing a ringing sound, which may also be described as the 'blanket term' tinnitus, which is used to describe ringing in the ear.

Edit:
Tinnitus:"Ringing in the ears" or another noise that seems to originate in the ears or head.
source: medterms.com

QFT.

touche...

I never said you were wrong about the blood pressure thing. I just realised in your first post you were describing hypertension related tinnitus to less knowledgeable people.

Sorry I didn't give you credit. Now you have it.

Enjoy

iameatingjam said:
I get a very large ring from like 400mg/+ caffeine
I wonder its from the same thing

Are you telling me that after reading all of the above posts, you still cannot answer you're own question?

panic_in_paradise said:
Do you think 400mgs of caffeine could do that though 51fifty?

To me, yes. That is a relatively high dose, especially to sensitive people.

Why do you ask? I sense that you are asking a rhetorical question.

I sense that you are asking a rhetorical question.

yeah, pretty much.

the guy/gal is asking a serious question, and depending on how often iameatingjam doses like that it could turn into a serious problem. I drink a lot of coffee, and Ive felt VERY buzzed before, but never any ringers.

iameatingjam, it sounds like you should be careful, it could be possible that you have another condition that makes you sensitive to stims.