• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cause of ringing from IV coke

Matt_Himself

Bluelighter
If this is better somewhere else, please move it.

I had heard about "ringers" people get from IVing coke. The only question about it is why the ringing occurs. I know several other drugs IVed do not produce that metallic buzz. Could some explain to me if they know (and feel free to use big words and medical jargon :) )?

Have you IV'ed coke before?

I'm curious myself as to what causes the ringing sensation....I've done it a few times but never got that ring, mostly because I was too afraid of doing too much. From what I gather, the line between a good bellringer and an OD is pretty thin...

I honestly have no idea why cocaine IV'd or sometimes smoked causes bell ringers and I did it daily for 2 years. I can say however is oddly enough the only time I get bellringers is when im on an opiate aswell, and shoot coke. Besides that all I get is a mild muffled sound in my ears off cocaine straight up.

Probaby oxygen depletion (ie toxicity) and lower intracranial pressure.

eon_blue said:
Have you IV'ed coke before?

I'm curious myself as to what causes the ringing sensation....I've done it a few times but never got that ring, mostly because I was too afraid of doing too much. From what I gather, the line between a good bellringer and an OD is pretty thin...

Yes I have. I just wondered what this effect was caused by and if, as you said there, is an indication that you are doing too much.

Coke freebase and cocaine IV both cause bellringers ... and i have no idea why. If you ever encoded an audio file into an mp3 before, then im sure you've done it at too low a bitrate before, it makes the song sound 'tinny' and 'metalic'. That's what it sounds like in a bellringer.

Its hells bells, or blood rushing through your head actually.

"But blood makes noise
It's a ringing in my ear
Blood makes noise
And I can't really hear you
In the thickening of fear" - suzanne vega

well you are messing up your CNS, could be just random neurons firing or something like that?

i dont thing changes in intracranial pressure cause that because intracranial pressure is very VERY stable, actually it changes significantly only in case of head trauma.

the ringing in the ears (called tinnitus) has been linked with changes in serotonine levels and activity

i always thought it was the blood pumping in your ears kinda like how when you hold a seashell to your ears and hear "the Ocean". and thats the best way i can describe the ringing. my ears ring almost every shot i have ever done. you have to do a a med amount cant do no small amount and get it really. at least a med amount and also helps is if you push the plunger in faster it can bring it on alot more intense.

The sound i feel i can best describe it is putting to seashells to your ears . thats what everything sounds like.

KEEP THEM HEADS RINGIN............. RING DING DONG RINGA DING DING DING DONG.................. Who knows..... happens wwhen you smoke crack too......

Again, coke makes your blood thinner, so your heart beats faster, your blood moves faster through your body, and as its rushing through your head you hear it as a riiiiiiiiiiiiiing, 'white noise', cellophane tearing, or the lovely stretchy metallic sounds.

It can happen from changes in atmosphereic pressure, or fast changes in elevation, going to different depth of water too fast, standing or sitting too fast, trauma to the head, severe anxiety and other stressing occurrences that cause your blood pressure to rise or fall.

I dont do crack or cocaine IV at all anymore. I hate cocaine now, but when i was a fan of the drug the "ringer" is what i was always looking for.
I found usually i could only get one off the first hit(if it was a nice one) after that i get some mild ringers, but nothing like that first hit of the night.

yeah - I can get bellringers from smoking crack - - but it does not happen too often. Normally I have to smoke a few hits, let the white resin build up on the sides of the stem, then work the choreboy up an down the stem to saturate it with the pure residue, and then rest a little while and then take a monster hit - and then BAM!!! FUCK!!! the bell-ringer will hit. Yeah, I am curious what causes it and why it feels so damn good.

The medical term for ear ringing is tinnitus. The sudden rise in blood pressure from iv coke causes increased turbulence in the blood vessels near the ear. Our ear audibly perceives this high frequency sound as a ringing.

The medical term for ear ringing is tinnitus. The sudden rise in blood pressure from iv coke causes increased turbulence in the blood vessels near the ear. Our ear audibly perceives this high frequency sound as a ringing.

brother its not JUST that, there are various reasons for which it can happen quite seperate from changes in blood pressure

forget about the bellringers. how about the tiems when ya Iv coke and not only get the bell ringer but your vision becomes blurry and like crosseyed. You can taste it in your lips and you feel like your gonna either pass out or throw up.

Sorry friend came over and brought some. so i got to have a good one well couple today.

epote said:
brother its not JUST that, there are various reasons for which it can happen quite seperate from changes in blood pressure

Yea i didn't mean tinnitus was explicitly associated with blood pressure for all cases. I know it can have some other causes. But in the case of IV coke, tinnitus would mostly be caused by blood pressure changes.