• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Carolina reaper

benzoboss

Bluelighter
Hi i just orderd the carolina reaper and the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.
The number 1/2 hottest peppers in the world.
Do you guys have any tips for me.
Its just a 1 time thing for the kick.
What will happen?

i'm from the country that hosts the scorpion pepper and my friends have all said it's absolutely ridiculous

Did you order seeds so you can grow the hot chilies? I grow chilies that are hot and spicy but they are not extreme like the Scorpion chili, the ghost chili from North India, or the Carolina reaper chili. The below is just basic advice as this is the second opinion forum.

Wear gloves when you touch the chilies or cut them up to cook with them.

Eat some yogurt or ice cream afterwards.

Did you order seeds so you can grow the hot chilies? I grow chilies that are hot and spicy but they are not extreme like the Scorpion chili, the ghost chili from North India, or the Carolina reaper chili. The below is just basic advice as this is the second opinion forum.

Wear gloves when you touch the chilies or cut them up to cook with them.

Eat some yogurt or ice cream afterwards.
Got the dried ones.
Is it important to rehydrate them?

Out of the control knob that goes from 1 up to 10, these peppers push the dial to "11". Reference from the movie, This is Spinal Tap :)

Bananas and whole fat yogurt/milk are ideal to cut the burn. I learned the banana trick in Thailand. Works really well, but so does dairy fat. I imagine you'd want to combine the two for these bad boys.

For some reason I was thinking they'd be more like my Chipotle. I just cut that up and add to what ever dish I'm cooking. Though I wouldn't even attempt to cook with one of those bad boys!

For some reason I was thinking they'd be more like my Chipotle. I just cut that up and add to what ever dish I'm cooking. Though I wouldn't even attempt to cook with one of those bad boys!

My friends that are Desi, or South Indian that cook with hot chili do not use the extremely hot ones mentioned in this thread and use just one Guyana chili or another type of hot chili (scale of heat/spiciness and pictures here http://www.cayennediane.com/big-list-of-hot-peppers/ ) for the entire dish they are preparing when cooking. If it's too spicy or hot they add in tomatoes, onions, and lemon juice.

Chipotle chilies are extremely mild to me. I generally like hot chilies like Scotch bonnet, Thai, pequin, and more mild chilies like serrano, habanero, pequin, ají types, chili arbol, and very mild like Hate chilies, Jalepeno, and poblano.

Last edited:
A habanero mild?
Really mild most people would call it hot ?.
OT
Is eating peppers a good alternative to self harm?

Hell yeah!

I mean, up to a point I guess. I imagine eating a whole pot of super duper spicy peppers would not be very healthy. But having one super spicy pepper? I don't seem the harm. Particularly if you take certain steps to ameliorate any potential consequences, like having dairy fat nearby to consume right afterwards if it gets to be too intense.

But the capsaicin (it is what makes peppers spicy) triggers a release of endorphins very similar to what cutting would, so as long as you don't over do it and take the appropriate safety precautions (wear gloves if it is a super spicy pepper you are going to cut, for instance - and don't let your hands anywhere near your eyes for the love of god!) you will be fine.

I always enjoyed the little endorphin rush I get from my coyoté pepper hot cocoa (and this coming from a former injection heroin user!) :)

What if i run out of peppers and my endorfine tolerance is high ass fuck
Go back to cutting and make huge cuts.
Is this a posibility or nothing to worry about?

You'd want to avoid that tolerance - your stomach and mucus membrane would get super fucked up before you were able to develop the tolerance to make huge cuts worth it. Plus, if you are experienced with cutting, you'd know that huge cuts generally aren't the way to go.

There are infinitely better ways to chase that endorphin rush than self harm. Such as: riding a bike really fast; falling in love.

Priest, I use my Chipotles for flavour. no use for heat really but oh so yummy!