• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Carfentanil in heroin

Cwest

Bluelighter
fentanyl and rc fentanyl derivitives in heroin is by no means a new thing, but carfentanil is the first veterinary used fentanyl derivative i have heard of. some seized heroin is mixed with it, some only contains no heroin only carfentanil! i know some people re going to seek it out just to check elephant tranquilizer off their list :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOGmb6zdPAM

fentanyl and rc fentanyl derivitives in heroin is by no means a new thing, but carfentanil is the first veterinary used fentanyl derivative i have heard of. some seized heroin is mixed with it, some only contains no heroin only carfentanil! i know some people re going to seek it out just to check elephant tranquilizer off their list :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOGmb6zdPAM

^^ Check off elephant tranq's as they check out of this world.

I remember reading that a shoebox of carfentanyl could be cut into the equivalent of a metric ton of street dope

Some pretty sophisticated dope dealers if everyone isn't dropping like flies around them.

Surprised it's taken this long to hit the streets.

Last edited:
Sounds like bullshit to me. If the receptor binding data in humans is correct, then carfentanil is way beyond too potent to be used as a solid powder. The smallest reasonable powder particles you can talk of for normal salts is maybe 100 micrograms, and that's being generous - and that would be a complete overdose for carfentanil already. There is just no way to measure it is as a solid - the littlelest speck of it will kill a human being. So it being found in heroin powder, or being the only constituent in "heroin"? Fuck me sideways, what bullshit.

It could be some other fentanyl derivative, but certainly not carfentanil. And why does it have to be that?

One of my colleagues worked with carfentanil in the lab recently. I tried to stay away from him. One of the other guys who worked on the synthesis of it accidentally inhaled some from his gloves - his own mistake - and he passed out lol.

I agree. I think the manufacturing of carfentanil requires so many safety precautions it would be insanity to attempt in a clandestine lab. But who knows? Probably bullshit. If true, Im quitting drugs.

But couldn't you mist it onto a powder ? I bet LEO says this all the time: can't be rocking done and then the game proves them wrong.

Yes, there are ways to do this using liquids. Heroin is rarely the same consistency, so that was why I was thinking it was a stupid idea to assume carfentanil. Spraying the powder... might work, I hadn't thought of that one. I don't really know how clandestine drug manufacturers produce the end product.

With carfentanil you would need some really advanced techniques to ensure that there was any kind of usable consistency, because you would need to dilute it to the point where the effect would be comparable to the dosage being sold.

Carfentanil makes heroin look like poppy seeds, or loperamide

Carfentanil has been analytically confirmed in powders found on the street in Ohio. Also analytically confirmed in the blood of a few deceased individuals in the USA.

It is true. Be careful folks.

Jesus fucking Christ. Im not quitting drugs though. :)

Be safe everyone for real.

I was skimming through DITM last night and exactly as I was reading this thread I shit you not was also listening to local EMS contacting hospital with "This is Rescue 52 with patient information only with a 25 year old male, suspected carfentanyl overdose we have 2mg narcan on board with some positive response." then gave his stats. Pretty sure that was the first time I have ever specifically heard carfentanyl mentioned on a call. This is in SW FL.

Back when I used ~10 years ago I never encountered fent in dope thankfully but did obtain gel patches a handful of times when nothing else was around and it was really no in between getting little effect and just lights out. Wish there were better HR programs here. Like distributing test kits for fent if they exist and Narcan kits to users but no such thing. However it seems to be pretty standard protocol to administer Narcan to any unconscious person. (like as I type this was a drowning 22 yo/m in a pool in cardiac arrest)

Since I am constantly monitoring the airwaves, I am well aware when there is bad dope in local circulation. The spikes in OD reports skyrocket to several per day as well as unconscious people turning up in all sorts of places. Stay safe everyone.

PS everyone should be made aware if there is something in place like here there if FL we have this as a state law though awareness of it is not real common.

893.21 Drug-related overdoses; medical assistance; immunity from prosecution.—
(1) A person acting in good faith who seeks medical assistance for an individual experiencing a drug-related overdose may not be charged, prosecuted, or penalized pursuant to this chapter for possession of a controlled substance if the evidence for possession of a controlled substance was obtained as a result of the person’s seeking medical assistance.
(2) A person who experiences a drug-related overdose and is in need of medical assistance may not be charged, prosecuted, or penalized pursuant to this chapter for possession of a controlled substance if the evidence for possession of a controlled substance was obtained as a result of the overdose and the need for medical assistance.

Can you show us some confirmation of it?

I'm in the forensic chemistry/toxicology industry. I also run this blog: http://dosemakespoison.blogspot.com/.

I cannot speak about specific or individual results, but I do have general knowledge of confirmations.

I'm just warning people so they know that the carfentanil danger is real. It is not hysteria or hyperbole by the media. Just be careful.

Your name kinda gave that away. :) I figured but I dont know you so... Nothing in the literature yet?

Your name kinda gave that away. :) I figured but I dont know you so... Nothing in the literature yet?

No, and as we know about the scientific literature, it won't be for some time - unless it is released as a general press release by the specific law enforcement agency or medical examiner/coroner's office.

Right, right. Crazy shit though. Do you have any thoughts on why assholes are doing this? I understand it may be cheap to get, but dead customers dont buy anymore. I just dont understand the motive. Maybe they are just morons.

they wanna move product and make money , bottom line. They don't care about lives of anyone involved other than ensuring the flow of money and therefore flow of drugs continues , and if they can't get good heroin they cut it with whatever they can that produces an effect similar . A few dead junkies mean nothing to the people who do this thing. They flat out don't give a fuck. And they are willing to do anything to further their goals... No matter the horrible cost of human life and generally fucked up ethics behind this type of thing.

There's a rare chance some people don't even know what they have and they unintentionally and ignorantly cut dope with some fent they got , not knowing it's a super potent analogue or not understanding the difference ��

Either way the drug war is to blame as usual. Fucking systematic bullshit.

man if they start putting carfent in dope there will be tons of dead people, as most of us know the ppl that cut the shit rely on wives tales to cut, its not like they have a v-mixer in the basement. they are probably using a fine sifter like for flour (FAIL!) there would be so many hot spots ppl would be dead with needle still in their arms. just bc an opis is super potenent doesn't mean its super euphoric.

heroin, super euphoric, medium length of effect

fentanyl-cold feeling, could kill you if not dosed prop plus an instant nod where you basically fall asleep and die,

which one would you rather take?

these aren't proper chemists ppl, who knows, they could just be eyeing that shit up. plus the fact its so easy to get from china or from a vendor on a dark web....I know it sounds sketch and all but it gets here somehow doesn't it>?

Right, right. Crazy shit though. Do you have any thoughts on why assholes are doing this? I understand it may be cheap to get, but dead customers dont buy anymore. I just dont understand the motive. Maybe they are just morons.

Far from morons, with carfentanil you can skip the poppy fields, I wasn't joking when I said that a kilo of carfentanil can be made the equivalent of a metric ton of street heroin.

Think about all the advantages it offers to the wholesaler.

If clandestine chemists in the know have figured out a way to dilute the product onto inert powder than its over, this will phase out heroin.

It doesn't matter if isn't as good, so long as it doesn't kill 100% of the users there will be buyers.

which one would you rather take?

these aren't proper chemists ppl, who knows, they could just be eyeing that shit up. plus the fact its so easy to get from china or from a vendor on a dark web....I know it sounds sketch and all but it gets here somehow doesn't it>?

The buyer won't have a choice when the people that control the market realize the advantages

I almost guarantee these ppl are as professional as they come

Last edited:
I hadnt considered a professional (for the illicit drug trade standards that is) wholesaling operation being the cause of all this fentanyl shit and now worse flooding the markets but it does kind of make sense I guess. Still, I do agree this isnt exactly Pfizer selling it to Amerisource who sells to Walgreens. Those guys fuck shit up all the time, you really think someone along this supply chain wouldnt? It seems too risky to those who make and especially those who take this stuff to justify forming a network to distribute it disguised as heroin or others.