View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Capsulizing Mushrooms

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
I"ve got a bunch of dried mushrooms. I am inclined to put them in a coffee grinder and put them into capsules and store them in a vitamin jar. Has anyone done this? Was it successful? Thanks..

Yep, pretty easy. Just make sure you know how many mushrooms are in each cap so you don't take to few or too many.

This is exactly what we've done before. Whizz them all up, and put in caps. This way the material is homogenised. Then just weigh everything to know how much material you've got (minus the gel caps' weight of course)

Mightn't that anger up the faerie spirits or whatever it is you're into?

No, but seriously, this is a common enough practice and it works well, especially for those who can't take the taste or prefer compact, more precise dosing.

Good for immediate consumption. Theyll lose potency rapidly if you store them like this tho, since grinding exposes greater surface area

So would it be wiser to store them whole and only capsule them when intended for consumption?

You could capsulize them and vacuum seal, or put in a mason jar or similar with a dessicant, and I suppose it would keep fine.

Not that I've got any real knowledge or experience with degrading product (short of a previous batch of mushrooms being left in the boot of a car on a hot day), but I'd like to think that how we've currently got ours stored should be sufficient - PACKED capsules in an airtight mason jar with a sachet of desiccant, in the back of a cupboard away from the light.

Here's hoping haha

I powered mine put it in a mason jar packed, 4 years ago and there still good... keep in the frig. I use large gel caps & stuffed the powder tightly this equals about 1/2 gram... I would use a scale to make sure you have the cap i mentioned... Sadly i consumed the rest a while back boo...

they will last a lot longer if you make them into chocolates.
You will need: Chocolate for making candy (you can get this at any grocery store), coffee grinder, chocolate candy molds (mine are flowers), a fridge, thin foil (i find using colored foil works best if you also make canni-chocos so you can differentiate between the two)

here are the steps

1.grind your mushrooms
2.weigh your mushrooms into doses, I prefer gram increments
3.melt your chocolate in a double boiler (they have different colors so you can make some cool trippy looking chocos)
4.in a cold silicon mold pour a small amount of the chocolate to coat the inside of he mold (which will be the outside of the chocolate)
5.allow to harden
6.place each individual dose in each of the hardened chocolates in the molds.
7.fill with remaining melted chocolate to the top
8.Allow to harden in the fridge (this will leave the chocolate cold so when you wrap them in colorful foil they dont melt in your hands)
9.wrap in colorful foil
10.store in freezer, allow to thaw each dose you want to take and enjoy.

^^^^ that's what I did, very easy to store ánd to dose. I added some ground cocoa and chili powder for some extra zing.

I have a new batch of mushrooms underway, this time I'm going to try and preserve them in honey.

I've had some for almost a year now and they're just as potent. Dried in freezer bag and kept in a dark area.

Last year I had some for about nine months and they became completely inactive. I stored those the same way, except they weren't dried properly and developed mold.

Grind em, cap em, vacuum seal them, freeze them. .5 grams a cap roughly, easy dosing.

Make sure you dry them well and capsule tightly - they'll last for a minimum of 10 years with no loss in potency and more likely 20 years.

Real tripmasters eat their shrooms without capsules. If you get sick and throw up, you are supposed to scrape your vomit off the floor and try again. This was taught to me by a phish phan, so I know its true.

The chocolate is a really good suggestion - the Mayans used to take their shrooms with chocolate drink , I believe ....

I have made strong vodka extracts in the past , and stored the flask in a freezer - seems to keep well , [ but we used it up pretty fast anyway ... ] .

^^^^ that's what I did, very easy to store ánd to dose. I added some ground cocoa and chili powder for some extra zing.

I have a new batch of mushrooms underway, this time I'm going to try and preserve them in honey.

Honey might be okay for very well dried shrooms , but if you use fresh it will turn into a disgusting blue mess ....

^^^^ I always make sure they're cracker dry. A long time ago I foolishly stored my (fresh) mushrooms in a glass bottle in the fridge only to discover a green moldy mess when I took them out and I won't be making that mistake again.