• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cant find new veins to IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NodOut503

Greenlighter
The dude is a new IVer and after a few weeks.. having trouble finding new veins. used up the main one in the AC area, and now it seems like the dude is loosing the ones that run from top of hand up the top of forearm arm as well. They are getting hard and calloused. The dude is a very clean guy and he felt dirty enough smoking it, and now feel even more dirty IVing. Tracks are disgusting imo so he does everything possible to prevent them. Like not hitting the same spot too much, but the dude is running out of places to hit. He also use a new rig every time. A box of 100 is only $20 at walgreens so why not.
Can anyone help the dude with locating a few good places. The dude knows everyone basically has the same veins in/around the same spot. The dude isnt interested in going below the waist or doing anything dangerous. The dude would like to stay on the arm if possible, so maybe help with techniques on hitting the smaller ones maybe? The dude is scared to hit the ones on my hand cuz if he misses itll be ugly and hurt like a bitch! On the ones hes been hitting, he can flag them, but now after 10 days, as soon as he start to plunge, it hurts, so the dude is obviously missing. Weird?. The dude found one thats on top of the arm thats really hard to see but hes hit it a few times. The dude is just scared to go too deep and hit an artery.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Last edited:
What is with switching from 1st to 2nd person during your post?

Anyway, take it from someone who's been IV'n for 10+ years; if you've got these concerns already after a few weeks, maybe nows a real good time to rethink the choice you've made. And I ain't preaching, I don't give two shits if someone IVs, in fact; personally - way I see it, you gonna do it, you may as well do it right.

But - the way you seem, after just a few weeks, maybe this ain't the right path, yeah?

Firstly for HR, and to able to give more advice. What are you shooting? are you using a micron filter (INDESPENSABLE for all pharmy pills if you IV, otherwise it's scar tissue, and your vein collapses/dies), even if it's not a pharmy pill you should use a micron, you never know what cut is in it.... I assume you're not using microns right? Sterile water? alcohol swabs? scarring cream? As said above, IF you're going to do it anyways, do it "right"!!! :\

Anyway, as the above poster said, you do NOT want to go that road, everyone here who has been there or is still there (IV) will tell you it's the worst decision you can possibly make... :|

Think carefully, listen to the advice, and decide what path YOU CHOOSE to take...

I don't want this to be interpreted as an attack at you OP in any way, simply trying to help you make the right choice... You know deep down how IV 99.99999999999% of the time ends!!!

By interest if you can answer my questions i would be gratefull.

All the best, and for the moment, take a break from IV, use a different ROA, until you come to a solid, logical, rational decision about the whole thing...

PEACE! :)

Last edited:
The dude is not sure what microns are, I'm guessing they're those little round medical cotton pads? The dude uses pieces of cotton to filter it and definitely clean bottled water every time and tons of alcohol and as initially said, a new rig every time. The dude is super clean when it comes to the process. That's not what the dude needs help with.

To MostlyHuman, what exactly would you expect from someone who just started? Did you hit every time ur first week? Did you know how to IV w/o anyone telling you how to? Cuz the dude is trying to figure out what "concerns" the dude has that is in anyway not normal for a first time IVer? The dude doesnt care what you say, if you poke urself enough times, ur guna get calloused and possible scar tissue. The dude is trying to learn how to do it right so that this is prevented!

The dude has been smoking for years, but lately its been like fire going down so hes switching it up.
The problem is that the dude hit the same veins w/o switching back n forth because quite honestly he didn't really know what he was doing and he used the veins that were the easiest to hit. Its not that he can't use them any more Lmao... Hes not all haggard and bruised up or anything.

The dude is asking for advice of other veins to hit so that hes not using the same ones over and over until they "die". The main vein in the AC area is real hard on his left arm so hes leaving that one alone now, and the one in the right arm is okay. The one on the top of his arm got calloused after a few weeks bcuz he was missing and he wasn't quite sure what he was s'pose to be looking for, and hes sure that will happen to anyone doing what hes doing. Its actually healed now and back to normal.
Hes Just looking for some advice as to the best places to hit, and maybe places he don't know about so that he can get a rotation going and give the starting lineup a break and pull some players off the bench

... The dude is not here to discuss making the right decisions. He has other ppl for that. The dude is here to discuss the right way to IV. If you can help him, thank you.. He would appreciate it. If you don't have anything to say on the topic... Keep moving to the next thread!

Last edited:
The dude is not sure what microns are, I'm guessing they're those little round medical cotton pads? The dude uses pieces of cotton to filter it and definitely clean bottled water every time and tons of alcohol and as initially said, a new rig every time. The dude is super clean when it comes to the process. That's not what the dude needs help with.

To MostlyHuman, what exactly would you expect from someone who just started? Did you hit every time ur first week? Did you know how to IV w/o anyone telling you how to? Cuz the dude is trying to figure out what "concerns" the dude has that is in anyway not normal for a first time IVer? The dude doesnt care what you say, if you poke urself enough times, ur guna get calloused and possible scar tissue. The dude is trying to learn how to do it right so that this is prevented!

I think what he means is, if you're already getting callouses and scar tissue in the spots you're hitting after a few weeks, either you're doing something majorly wrong or you're really bad at it. I used multiple times a day for 5+ years, mostly in the same 1 inch piece of vein on my inner elbow crook, and if I take a few days off now you can't even see a scar. So yeah, if you've already got concerns about vein collapse and callouses, you're either missing or poking yourself too much or doing SOMETHING wrong. And if you keep it up for any length of time, you absolutely will collapse all your veins and have nothing left to work with. And quite frankly, I pretty much did hit every time my first week, and IVing I think is pretty self-explanatory, especially if you've ever had blood drawn. The trick to not missing is to not push down the plunger if you're not sure you're in the vein, so... yeah. Oh, and when you say you're using a new rig every time, but also "poking yourself enough times to get calloused," does that mean you're using a new rig every time you poke yourself with the same shot trying to find a vein? I doubt it. And every poke, even with the same shot, dulls that rig more and more and more, and that's probably why you're having the issues with callousing already. I would say try not to poke more than three times with the same rig, even if you have to keep moving your shot from point to point.

That said, there's the vein running along the top of your bicep that sometimes is viable, but without actually seeing you and inspecting how your roads and highways look, nobody's really going to be able to give you much advice I don't think. Except to make sure you're staying well hydrated and using a tourniquet, and try doing some push ups right before you hit to help your veins pop.

Also, keep in mind that this is a harm reduction board. We are kind of in the habit of harm reduction, and henceforth, many people will try to use harm reduction tactics. You don' have to be a prick about it.

Last edited:
Also, keep in mind that this is a harm reduction board. We are kind of in the habit of harm reduction, and henceforth, many people will try to use harm reduction tactics. You don' have to be a prick about it.

WORD... couldn't have put it better myself...

I actually did manage to kill alot of spots my first couple months, but I was re-using a 25gu needle over and over again since syringes were prescription only and I didn't know of exchanges (nearest one was about 70 miles away, anyway).

However, using new 27-30gu sets you should not be having problems this early.

And seriously, read the megathread I linked to. Your veins will thank you.

I've been shooting up for almost ten years and I learned new shit from that thread. It's a good resource, for realz. Especially the ANGLE issue that a lot of people have, which really surprises me.

I actually did manage to kill alot of spots my first couple months, but I was re-using a 25gu needle over and over again since syringes were prescription only and I didn't know of exchanges (nearest one was about 70 miles away, anyway).

However, using new 27-30gu sets you should not be having problems this early.

And seriously, read the megathread I linked to. Your veins will thank you.

25guage? Holy shit, Ahab. And I thought 27s were harpoons! Damn, I can't even imagine. Luckily, you can buy rigs without a prescription here. I prefer the 29 longs or the 30 medium lengths.

Listen up, cuz this vein will last you years on each side, just use fresh works and don't draw back all the way when you think you've hit, just do it enough to make sure you're in, cuz the more you draw back, the faster your veins collapse. Best thing about this spot is you don't have to wear long sleeves all year round. Lift up your arm over your head. Just above where your armpit hair ends, feel where the muscles come to a valley. At least with me I can't feel the vein, but it's certainly there, and it's big, like I said it'll last for years. Avoid scar tissue by hitting it in a line toward the elbow direction, for up to a few inches... Yea your get tracks under your arm, but it's so much better than having to hide them everyday... I learned this spot from an old head friend, he's 64, he's been shooting since he was 16, and he said he's been going in that same spot for 10+ years. That's unheard of. Try it out, you'll see, I can't even feel the vein and it's one of the easiest spots to hit.

Look for a syringe exchange service.
They will get that settled for you.
Or follow the link above, remembering not to re-use the needle.

You might try keeping 1/2 inch (12.7mm) and 3/8 (8mm) handy. Veins rise and sink. At least for me. The shorter ones are better for tender areas where your working close to the bone. I.e hands and lower forearm near wrist. Also on the biceps where veins are close to the surface and there is a lot of muscle shorter is sometimes better. Sometimes taking a hot shower with the rig loaded for you right when you get out helps. Oh and be in a well lit room. And the easier it is to pull the plunger one handed the better. Some brands are stiffer then others making it hard to draw back to verify a vein and keep the tip exactly where it needs to be. Sometimes you draw back blood but the needle pulls out then you inject and miss. You should feel immediate discomfort of your injecting outside a vein... Stop. Draw some water into the syringe and shake it up to help prevent coagulation in the chamber. Sometimes change the contents to a new syringe from the plunger as to not get and blood inside the channel of the needle till your ready. Also sometimes standing up helps. Those are just my tips. And you can use foundation that's your skin tone to hide the evidence of IV drug use.

They don´t rise so well after a while. The good ones become flat and you have to go deeper and deeper.
After some time, it´s like 1 out 10 was registering..
I´m glad I´m off IV and heroin. I do get methadone, and have dealt with side effects and all.
Closest to a normal life I have ever been.

I think what he means is, if you're already getting callouses and scar tissue in the spots you're hitting after a few weeks, either you're doing something majorly wrong or you're really bad at it. \

Heh - you're both wrong actually.. What I mean is - if OP is already freaking out after the effects of a few weeks worth of IV'n drugs, I don't think he's cut out for it. I mean, the shit you'll go through over the years IV'n, if you can't even handle the first few weeks.. just stay away from it.

Heh - you're both wrong actually.. What I mean is - if OP is already freaking out after the effects of a few weeks worth of IV'n drugs, I don't think he's cut out for it. I mean, the shit you'll go through over the years IV'n, if you can't even handle the first few weeks.. just stay away from it.

Good point. IV drugs are not for the squeamish, eh?

25guage? Holy shit, Ahab.
I had just started and a girl I let stay at my house left one. I was new so I had no idea what damage I was doing or that injecting wasn't supposed to be that painful.

Good point. IV drugs are not for the squeamish, eh?
Another girl I know, we were housemate for about a week, I see her at my connection's house every now and then. She likes to inject, but she can't even look at the needle. I hit for her one time, and the whole time, she turned her head and closed her eyes.

Drugs are bad mmmm'kay... ESPECIALLY INTRAVIEINOUS!!!!!:sus::sus: DON'T DO IT!!!:X:X lol..; sorry all but was too tempted =Dtchtcihtci... and OP was a "prick" (not my words) towards HR (and myself, sometimes i take these things personally lol) ;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <3<3<3 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lazylazyjoe: i know it sounds crazy, but i think its more than my country who dont have other needles at the needle exchange then 25G and 26G .. mine is 26G and i thought they where small until i find 30G one time at the pharmacy, have asked for them once every two weeks the last months! But they dont take them in stock again... :( its sickening.. its hard to even find the 26G's too, i dont know whats happend last 6- 7mnths, i know its not the pharmacies problem, though, but hell - they do get them sold so why cant they just take them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.