• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can't find ANY opiate comparison charts etc that include both Tramadol and Dihydrocodeine - I have so many questions..

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've been taking around 600-900mg of Tramadol a day for a few years now, I have been on opiates for seven years starting as IV morphine in hospital and pretty much going IV morphine-oral morphine-oral/intranasal oxycodone-methadone-methadone/heroin-methadone-codeine-tramadol. Today I got my Tramadol switched to DHC (this all through me just requesting a switch as EVERYONE on here pretty much collectively told me how much better DHC was for both recreation and pain) just want to compare dosing with the two?
My GP said a 30mg DHC was equal to a 50mg Tramadol. Is this accurate? Can anyone give me an example like xmg of DHC is equal to ymg of Tramadol?
I don't want to OD but I don't want be be wasting them with something underwhelming :/

Firstly just for you to take note, even though you are likely to be clear I’m sure, you are way over the maximum daily dose, this is hazardous because of the serotonin complexity and seizure threshhold lowering. At the very least, recurring loop electrical activity “brain zaps” Please lower your dose.

So in short 60-70mg Tramadol is equal to approximately 90-100mg DHC.

I would say They are very subjective in regards to binding efficacy, and Tramadol is 5ht heavy not pure mu agonism as with DHC. Therefore people sometimes confuse the SSRI/SRE dual effects of the metabolite O-desmethyltramadol as part of its opioid effects.

I would say 50mg tramadol = 30mg DHC. I've always found tramadol to be a pretty weak drug and by the time you get to a good dose you have brain zaps and a seizure risk. Dirty nasty stuff.

Switching from tramadol to DHC might be slightly tricky because you will get SNRI withdrawals. I recommend tapering down the tramadol for a bit before making the switch.

But once you do you'll be thankful for it. DHC is much nicer and won't give you seizures.

I'm an addict. I have no intention of lowering my dose.

1 week without Tramadol now, an 4 days on DHC. I feel like it's at least x2 strength of codeine or tramadol. Zero withdrawal apart from the 3 days I went without an opioid. Probably because I am on a high-dose SSRI.
I never got any seizures or zaps from tramadol (max. I ever took in one day is 1150mg)
DHC does feel a lot "cleaner".

Oh yeah if you're on an SSRI you're fine.

Enjoy the DHC! On 120mg right now, would like to be on more but only have one strip left.

Oh yeah if you're on an SSRI you're fine.

Enjoy the DHC! On 120mg right now, would like to be on more but only have one strip left.

Same problem here. I am prescribed 240mg/day but it's morning of day 4 and I have 12 left *sigh*. On the positive side it has been 12 hours since last nights dose and I'm actually feeling good atm *fingers crossed*.

Ah mate I remember when I first got a 240mg a day script, it was so much back then. Two tablets four times a day I was mashed. When I asked for DHC over tramadol they stuck me straight on 240mg DHC a day without tolerance because they believe tramadol is "stronger." Was nodding the fuck out daily. Then the tolerance hits eh? Now I need 200-300mg all at once to get a good buzz on.

240mg a day is the max they can prescribe under NICE guidelines btw.

Ah mate I remember when I first got a 240mg a day script, it was so much back then. Two tablets four times a day I was mashed. When I asked for DHC over tramadol they stuck me straight on 240mg DHC a day without tolerance because they believe tramadol is "stronger." Was nodding the fuck out daily. Then the tolerance hits eh? Now I need 200-300mg all at once to get a good buzz on.

240mg a day is the max they can prescribe under NICE guidelines btw.

Yeah. It's weird that tramadol is a controlled drug and DHC isn't when DHC is stronger and way more recreational and addictive.
IMO DHC is one of the few little prescription gems where doctors still haven't realized how much potential it has and gotten all stingy. All medical staff seem to sriously underestimate it.

Never been a great responder to DHC we are all very individual it reminds me. I think it is the Uk Hydrocodone listening to others. Trams are not appreciated properly unless you have a natural or unnaturally low serotonin level. Then it’s rabed about.

Never been a great responder to DHC we are all very individual it reminds me. I think it is the Uk Hydrocodone listening to others. Trams are not appreciated properly unless you have a natural or unnaturally low serotonin level. Then it’s rabed about.

Pretty much. Officially Hydrocodone is 5x stronger (4x IME) but that comes in 5-10mg pills always with acetaminophenwhereas Dihydrocodeine with it, or in 30mg pills without.

DHC itself is a controlled drug, it's just very loosely controlled in practice. Under the Medicines Act DHC itself is schedule 2. However depending on the preparation it is schedule 5. Schedule 5 is the lowest level and basically just means uncontrolled POM. Basically schedule 5 means a controlled drug in a preparation which has a low enough dosage that it is treated like it is uncontrolled. This is why for instance codeine linctus 15mg/5ml can be purchased OTC even though codeine is controlled. It is also why 30mg DHC tablets are effectively uncontrolled. There actually are 120mg DHC tablets, but those are controlled due to the higher dose.

Fun fact: Oramorph 10mg/5ml is falls under schedule 5 so is actually an uncontrolled POM under the Medicines Act. I shit you not. Oramorph Concentrated Solution 20mg/1ml is controlled as schedule 2. But the regular Oramorph 10mg/5ml they hand out is somehow not a controlled drug because that's classed as a low enough dose to be exempt from all CD measures. Madness innit.

In case anyone doesn't believe me here it is from the NHS themselves (PDF link):

Despite a 300ml bottle of morphine sulfate 10 mg/5 mL oral solution containing the same amount of morphine as 60 Zomorph 10mg capsules, it is legally classed as a Schedule 5 rather than as a Schedule 2 CD and so is effectively treated as a POM.

The way the pharma laws work in this country is bloody confusing, just goes to show how little sense drug laws really make eh?

But yeah I do think DHC remains somewhat of a "hidden gem." It is treated as if it is just one up from codeine and weaker than tramadol. That's crazy to me. DHC is very euphoric.

No reason not to believe you. Sir Wilson the Oracle I shall name you, knighted by the Opiate sword of truth ????.

Had a foreign mate over not long ago, and he was baffled at the nurofen plus’s and Paramol’s next to the till in the pharmacy lol.

Haha I am honoured! ?

Bring a Yank over and show them a bottle of codeine linctus, they will shit themselves!

Yanks either shout or shit themselves just for effect lol. Was brought to market as an anti-tussive I think. Used to be impressed by the linctus until I saw My Gramps with his Oxy “Linctus”

Then I saw this one!! DANGER DANGER, High Voltage ????????

Attachments

• 6105A886-7B09-4369-B4E2-B0BA839001C1.jpeg
    6105A886-7B09-4369-B4E2-B0BA839001C1.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 3
KnKjnfy.jpg

;)

That bloody 100mg/5ml one though holy fuck! Death in a bottle!

Yeah that’s what my Pops gets, funny we were talking about it, went round today and he said he hasn’t been using it much. Showed me four bottles as they just accumulate delivered to him each month ????

Crazy some of the money the NHS waste too. Say tomorrow for example, I had a consultant prescribe early June then I may get a new script of everything if doses change, and had one particular item again on Mon. For most people they will end up with duplicates they don’t use. Rather than check and make up the difference it just gets rolled out as new.

I've had the same type of thing yeah, when you get a med changed and it gets put on as a new course so gets treated as entirely separate. Even if it's the same drug just at a different dose. NHS mucks up prescriptions all the time, my GP has even handed me blank prescriptions before...

He just wants you to write em yourself going off what you told me of him lol. A blank cheque to name your price so to speak ???