• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Cannibalism

What 23

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm not referring to eating people who don't want to be eaten, or killing people to eat them.

I have felt at times a desire to be eaten. By those I love. Not necessarily at this moment, but the feeling has come to me on certain psychedelics. I clearly remember it on a very strong dose of 25D-NBOMe. I know might sound crazy, but the thoughts I had were almost cathartic- to imagine. To imagine the cutting of my muscle, surgically, respectfully.

In part, it was a desire to give myself to people I love. To show how much I love them. Not that I would just die to let them eat me... Not right now. Unless I could quickly regrow whatever it is I might give them, I don't entertain this realistically.

But, I became interested in funerary cannibalism. This is one form I can accept, and am kind of interested in, or was. Not the same as initially- Not right now.. But yes.

Also, when people die, and in survival situations (when people die).

But what do you think? Is it just "sick" to you? Or can you see this as something/accept it as part of someone's spirituality?

Or, could you ever do it?

Christians do already parallel this in some sense, with their drinking of "blood" and "flesh" of Christ. I have considered a ritual of drinking a small amount of a recently deceased blood, and/or a certain cut of flesh (meat) as honorable to the deceased- to honor their life.

Anyways, what do you think? Feel free to say what you want... Just try to be respectful, understand I am not promoting killing people for food. I'd like to hear thoughts of others. Like I said... I'm not quite "feeling it" like I was when I first became interested months ago. But I was just thinking about it, and wanted to bring it here.

Last edited:
Christians are cannibals but really, what's your body? a bunch of particles organized in a certain way? i don't really care what happens to it, i don't like the idea of it taking up precious room on the planet in a grave yard. We should ban graveyards, destroy them and turn them into parks or something. It's fucking ridiculous where i live that the downtown district is FULL of HUGE graveyards. I mean shit, put a park in there or housing or businesses. Sorry that's off topic but i don't think family consuming my body is going to give them any part of what is 'me'.

Anyway, genetically, we (family) share things in common, so a part of you is already a part of them so no worries about that issue. In terms of particles, we all share the same basic elements, every single thing in the universe. All made up of different particles arranged in different ways.

People like Jeffery Dahmer took that same idea and did eat people. He wanted to consume them so he could have them forever. There was definitely some faulty logic in his reasoning.

its not sick in the form you have described. personally I would have no problem being eaten if it was for the survival of people I loved. I would also eat flesh if I had to do it to survive. I have never thought about it though, as there is a slim enough chance of ever being in such a situation.

You are right, they are already a part of you.

I'm not much of a ritualist, myself... But something about this got to me, back then. It wouldn't be something I would enjoy (? Maybe we find enjoyment), and I don't feel the same as Jeffrey Dahmer to eat them so they are there with me forever, as I know clearly that our bodies replace everything or so within so many cycles. It wouldn't be keeping them forever. They are always with you, in memory, and the way they effected you, with the interaction. It never ends. He just got sick. Literally, sick. Being sick, can make you stupid.

I guess I can just see, in another life, doing this. Or I could accept it, in this life. Not that I am a proponent of flat out eating people, again. But I wouldn't fight against it in this case.

I agree with you, RobotRipping. All of the graveyards are not great. It is wrong for us to have them take up so much space. I doubt that is really honoring them- the deceased. It would not honor me. The system is totally flawed. I mean what happens when so many people die? When do we decide to allocate differently the grave-sites. As if the state of death is one that changes. It is a flawed, plastic system.

Maynard James Keenan (Tool...) sprinkled his mother's ashes at his vineyards. This is something else that might be similar to what I have talked about... to bury the family member's body in a garden, or something. And then celebrate their life, with life. Not a fucking stone and a chemical infused corpse that's rotting is only stunted. What the fuck, crybabies. I mean come on. Hold on for dear life. Pathetic. Right? I mean... Just thoughts.

Last edited:
Graveyards are parks already, pretty much. And if other people want them, it's fine by me.

How about using the deceased's ashes to fertilize soil? You could grow some vegetables with it, or flowers.

The archetype of consumption is complex and well studied in psychology.

The form you're referring to involves the destruction of ego and the dissemination of one's essence back into the whole. It's a desire to merge with oneness, and the perceived source of love.

For many people, intense love involves a desire to merge. Sex is one example of that. But being able to take the source of love into you (i.e. the Eucharist) is just one other form.

Yea, in my first thought that I can remember (of a desire to be eaten) I had a girl in mind (to eat me). I had also at some point much earlier had a rape fantasy about her.

I recognize the urge to rape as undeveloped. It is out of weakness that it occurs. A healthy-secure and right mind wouldn't find any enjoyment out of it. I never understand why people would actually entertain it in relationships, knowing this... But I know I am weak and small sometimes. I simply know it isn't what I want.

I wonder if it extends to the swallowing of semen? This link of sexual merging and "cannibalism".

Breast-feeding? And tied into why I find it (well, lactation itself) sexy at times? I guess it would make sense.

Last edited:
Any idea of rape should be met with resistance. The swallowing of semen is symbolic of the incorporation of another's genetic essence into one's self. The consumption of lactation is symbolic of incorporating the production of another's body into one's self. Both of these behaviors are related to the consumption of another, and thus, by conceptual extension, to cannibalism.

You are, insofar as the above descriptions connote, an extreme masochist.

OP..I don't think there is anything wrong with the way you feel. I mean the body is flesh. It is all in what you feel and believe.

To robotripping--For some people a grave is a sacred resting place as they are placced back into the earth upon their physical death. I think we have to respect people' beliefs and cemetaries are important part of many peoples culture in this country and others. Like someone else said, many of them are like parks and they too take up room that could be used for parking and such. But imo we would be met with much resistance if we proposed to get rid of all parks (or cemetaries) to make better use of the space. We would also be taking away something (in regards to both) that provide enjoyment for many/some people.

And for anyone who doesn't know, for Christians in most cases, the symbolic eating of Christ's flesh and drinking of Christ's blood it is the eating of a small cracker and drinking a little grape juice.

;)

Masochists get reincarnted as their victims, as far as I know....

They get reincarnated as themselves?

You are, insofar as the above descriptions connote, an extreme masochist.

Something might be able to be called that in my spectrum, and something might enjoy it in me, but I don't actually prefer it. I go through a good deal of pain as it goes.

This desire for this extreme form of being cut into, might be a reflection of desire and pain and ending it... of the apparent feeling of love/ desire. I guess, making the pain meaningful, for something? I always find myself trying to enjoy myself... always being in pain might lead to an adaptation.

But again... I don't actually prefer pain.

Last edited:
To robotripping--For some people a grave is a sacred resting place as they are placced back into the earth upon their physical death. I think we have to respect people' beliefs and cemetaries are important part of many peoples culture in this country and others. Like someone else said, many of them are like parks and they too take up room that could be used for parking and such. But imo we would be met with much resistance if we proposed to get rid of all parks (or cemetaries) to make better use of the space. We would also be taking away something (in regards to both) that provide enjoyment for many/some people.

And for anyone who doesn't know, for Christians in most cases, the symbolic eating of Christ's flesh and drinking of Christ's blood it is the eating of a small cracker and drinking a little grape juice.

;)

i thought they had just preserved Christ's flesh and blood all this time, i feel like a fool.

about the graveyard thing, yeah i agree, but in 1000 years, if we haven't killed each other off yet, then we will have too many graveyards that take up too much room. As the population of the world increases, we need more and more land. A better idea is to throw dead bodies into the ocean at least (or your garden if u want). At some point, it's just not going to be practical to have cemeteries everywhere. I think it's a silly idea and custom, just my opinion. Why do people go to cemeteries to honor a bunch of bones in the ground? It sucks that getting cremated takes like a week because that's a big wait for people mourning lol, especially if you want your ashes shot out of a cannon :) i know my family would just end up burying me even though it's not what i want because it's easier on others to get the funeral and bullshit over with quicker.

@OP: i think a lot of us have such feelings, many of us have a bit of sadomasochism inside, well i can't be sure but hopefully, otherwise i'm a really fucked up person lol.

^Id like to see more "graveyards" as parks and gardens... Make them beautiful. Get rid of caskets! In place of caskets put a network of GPS markers in the ground so that you can always go back and visit the spot where your loved one(s) are put to rest, if you want that or need that specific connection.

I just have an issue with all of the work we do to preserve the dead shells... And all the chemicals used... And like you, like Robot, I am thinking about the future. I would not mind after I decompose in the ground (naturally, in at most a very biodegradable box) for my plot to be reused to allow another body to decompose... I probably wouldn't mind a lot of my body after I die, but I know I don't want a 3500 dollar casket or what, lipstick and stitches/glue in my lips.. glue in my eyes, formaldehyde. Makeup. Hell.. Just throw me in the ground. Or burn me.

The vision I have are beautiful gardens... Fountains... and networks of flowing water... and Parks. Of course, just an option.

I know someone put her dad's ashes in a joint and smoked it. Honestly don't know what to think about that, sort of creeps me out, but don't really want to be judgy about something that was obviously meaningful to someone.

Haha... I know right?

I was thinking more like a cut of flesh from her heart or the pectoral muscle above/near. It wouldn't be something I would enjoy (not conventionally) and it wouldn't be when they were alive.

I didn't really mean the entire body. A little tiny amount of blood, and or a tiny amount of flesh.

In my case it was more of a desire to be eaten. But I get what you mean. I don't think many would have a great appetite to do so.

If however food was scarce... I'd eat/preserve and eat everything I could, and with great honor.

My situation/thoughts involving "cannibalism" might also have a unique factor. I have developed allergies to most food. I have entertained the idea of growing organs/meats from my own DNA, or other humans but preferably my own, and eating it. Not sure if I'd be allergic to myself.

Last edited:
I know someone put her dad's ashes in a joint and smoked it. Honestly don't know what to think about that, sort of creeps me out, but don't really want to be judgy about something that was obviously meaningful to someone.

I can understand. But I don't know what to think.. exactly, either. But I do. And could see myself doing similar.

I guess maybe, she probably wasn't around when they actually cremated him. She had no involvement of "transmutation" to a "gone" state. Not sure if transmutation is best word but I think if she had witnessed his burning, she wouldn't have felt the desire to, so much, do this.

I don't know... But that's one reason I think some might cannibalize the dead... Or burn them. To let them go. In a sense the way many of us know doesn't allow that. This too is why I think many release the ashes into water, or through a cycle(s) of a garden... To let them go. To witness it.

Last edited:
Nobody seems to have mentioned this, but cannibalism can cause a nasty form of encephalopathy, so would need to take that into consideration.

Is this something that happens because of cannibalism itself, though? Or from eating mutated proteins? How would the risk really be any greater than eating cow?

The references I come to only talk about one tribe. But I haven't looked that extensively.

Are you taking any hormones, medicine, etc.? Are you living a healthy life? What is the heavy metal deposition in your body? Would you impose a tenderness or would you leave it to the eater?

You should consider such questions before offering your flesh to your loved ones otherwise it would be selfish wouldn't it? Btw offering own tissues after death is not a sacrifice at all.

P.S: Also, "love" as the way you think in this context is not material why try honoring it by material pleasures?