• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Tolerance and Remedies

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So I been smoking fire for the past six months, and recently wax for about a month I notice I don’t get stoned barley at all now for like 30 minutes vs very psychedelic feelings when I haven’t smoked in a while. I love it, but sadly the magic is gone. I’m just wondering if abstinence for a week would be of benefit and if cbd would help reverse tolerance

you can go to a pain management. they used to test for drugs like marijuana. oh the hypocrisy.
it really shouldn't matter if one drinks coffee or tea. Or uses marijuana for that matter. lol. Just my two pennies.

A few days is a good break. Sometimes a few hours.
But sometimes you just have to just keep busy. Or man up, or woman up. Oh I hate my new avatar.
PTp5Czy.jpg

I start smoking (or vaping) when I wake up at 6 am before dialysis and then it’s pretty much constant until I go to bed 11:30-12ish. I don’t generally get as high as I used to, and I’m ok with that - but occasionally, when switching up strains or moving from bongs to cartridges, etc - boom, I’m in outer space.

Time, and as little as 6 hours of sleep give back enough magic to continue for another day w/o having to move to something stronger. I find that a t-break of a week or longer is close to a complete reset for me.

It also helps, if you are in a legal market, to keep track of the strengths of the products that you use. See my Geeky explanation below.

Let’s say I was using 2g a day of 15% flower; that’s about 300 mg of THC/day, so I can easily figure out how long a cartridge should last me and I can control my tolerance.

Tom

Salutations FuneralFather,

...the magic is gone... ... ...wondering if abstinence for a week would be of benefit and if cbd would help reverse tolerance...

Lets see... Like most cannabis users i bet your initiation happens to be rooted in automatic/systematic vilification (e.g. chronic self-poisoning as in smoking., etc...), except such a concept as "VILIFICATION" didn't even exist back then, right?... Not to mention the quote is limited to users vs their cannabis-based habit(s), while i'm spontaneously thinking of other influencial parameters as the CONSUMPTION TOOL and also Mis-Guided 3rd-Party Interference, for example:
Animation_for_2-to-1_THC_vs_CBD_Ratio.gif
{ Source: Leafly }

Anyone tempted to pretend it's some 100% naturally-occuring distribution should expect a wall of criticism, at least from me anyway. IMHO it's clearly man-made and reflects a socio-toxic environment, once "criminal", now "legal"... So, looking at such sample one might get an impression the THC:CBD 1:1 ratio stands for "balanced" although i consider such relatively new domain already definines an "extreme" boundary on it own; with the denser THC-centric cluster most likely attributable to previous decades of savvy/skilled cultivation practices. And now there's mari-caca seasoned with more 3rd-party interference in mind, all In The Name Of Children...

Briefly put there seems to be a couple elephants in the room!

Do you get what i mean?

How is one supposed to find his own personalized path to a "healthy" cannabis habit when intitiated as described above? Possibly living a life without a chance to realize there's more to it than the ultimate buzz promptly leading to a need to "T-Break", never really enjoying aroma/taste appreciation combined to subtilities of the ritual, etc. Which makes me think even if CBD wouldn't prove beneficial for you in the immediate moment, well, maybe you could still want to try it in blends even if that's little more than a placebo...

To top it all, IMO expectations must be kept realistic and judging from the text i'd say that ride was destined to meet a wall of (...) bricks.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Concentrates really blitz your tolerance.

Even just skipping a day would do the trick. To be honest even just not smoking all day, and smoking late at night should help.

Smoking morning to night day after day, you kinda just smoke yourself sober and becomes a waste.

I disagree regarding cbd. If you switch to cbd only you won't feel anything most likely, but will for sure help / reset your thc tolerance

Concentrates really blitz your tolerance.

Even just skipping a day would do the trick. To be honest even just not smoking all day, and smoking late at night should help.

Smoking morning to night day after day, you kinda just smoke yourself sober and becomes a waste.

I disagree regarding cbd. If you switch to cbd only you won't feel anything most likely, but will for sure help / reset your thc tolerance
Yeah I had another bad experience with wax so I’m done with it. So I’m either increasing use or I’m taking a break and switching to cbd probably 1 week out of every month to give my receptors a reset. I have a lot to fix I have an oxy habit I have to address cause it’s gotten way to expensive to maintain. But I love my weed and plan to smoke probably forever albeit with responsibility.

Salutations FuneralFather,

Lets see... Like most cannabis users i bet your initiation happens to be rooted in automatic/systematic vilification (e.g. chronic self-poisoning as in smoking., etc...), except such a concept as "VILIFICATION" didn't even exist back then, right?... Not to mention the quote is limited to users vs their cannabis-based habit(s), while i'm spontaneously thinking of other influencial parameters as the CONSUMPTION TOOL and also Mis-Guided 3rd-Party Interference, for example:

Anyone tempted to pretend it's some 100% naturally-occuring distribution should expect a wall of criticism, at least from me anyway. IMHO it's clearly man-made and reflects a socio-toxic environment, once "criminal", now "legal"... So, looking at such sample one might get an impression the THC:CBD 1:1 ratio stands for "balanced" although i consider such relatively new domain already definines an "extreme" boundary on it own; with the denser THC-centric cluster most likely attributable to previous decades of savvy/skilled cultivation practices. And now there's mari-caca seasoned with more 3rd-party interference in mind, all In The Name Of Children...

Briefly put there seems to be a couple elephants in the room!

Do you get what i mean?

How is one supposed to find his own personalized path to a "healthy" cannabis habit when intitiated as described above? Possibly living a life without a chance to realize there's more to it than the ultimate buzz promptly leading to a need to "T-Break", never really enjoying aroma/taste appreciation combined to subtilities of the ritual, etc. Which makes me think even if CBD wouldn't prove beneficial for you in the immediate moment, well, maybe you could still want to try it in blends even if that's little more than a placebo...

To top it all, IMO expectations must be kept realistic and judging from the text i'd say that ride was destined to meet a wall of (...) bricks.

Good day, have fun!! ☮
Love the response. You’ll have to let me eat so I can really get a good response back. But I’m a stoner you have to remind me lmao ;)

Anti vilification begins with being stoned ;)

But for real CBD helps me a ton with anxiety and the "feeling to use" weed. So easy to get in the states.

CBG flower is another good one.

I replaced cigarettes with weed. I always smoked weed but wanted to quit smoking.
I smoke about 1-3 ounces a month of top grade weed.
I don't get high like if i waited a day but I'm always high. I don't ever feel nothing from a joint

I smoke all day too. A 0.5 gram cart pasts me one week. I dont get high either past a ceiling a lot of days. Its frustrating to hit that ceiling then I just keep smoking for no reason pretty much and waste weed.

I replaced cigarettes with weed. I always smoked weed but wanted to quit smoking.
I smoke about 1-3 ounces a month of top grade weed.
I don't get high like if i waited a day but I'm always high. I don't ever feel nothing from a joint
Pretty much this.

I became a heavy cannabis user while quitting tobacco, and now more recently have begun replacing evening beers with edibles in addition to near daily joints and semi constant large hits from a desktop dry herb vape when I'm home.

I still feel it pretty damn good every time I smoke/vape/eat weed

Anti-vilification begins with being stoned

Cannabis vilification IS the true origin of this begining, although anti-vilification would more closely correspond to some remedy against official socio-toxic anti-banalisation campaigns IMO.

Vilification is like when i hear Céline Galipeau mumbling the word "cannabis" to address my country's national French-speaking TV audience, for example during the evening news just a couple days ago, right in the middle of a twisted declaration which purposedly juxtaposed "CoVid-19", the "opioïd crisis", alcohol-related abuse/disorder, tobaco health issues, mental health and even lotery games then "deaths" i think...

It was such a brief short-cut i could as well have never seen it at all, typical of one good old trick serving bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist propaganda in my province, so the other canucks can feel like everything's fine now that it's been made "legal". No later than this weekend i noticed repeated "minute" editorials valorizing the work of police, perpetuating the failed "Drug-free-World" utopia which the equally failed UNGASS 2016 event couldn't begin to fix and yet the population still ain't connecting the dots, over 4 years later.

With this only hint left about what authentic cannabis vilification really means i guess:

Captain_Canuck_2016-04-21_400x300.png

Vilification occurs when cultural appropriation promotes the continuation of a THC-centric "legal" market with too few alternatives other than Full/High CBD, which begins at the SQdC in my canuck province. Those boxing gloves were a "message" intended for Justin's new/future fans who voted conservative before; those he claimed to fight are only cannabis consumers like you or me, but imposed to choose between the fruits of cultural re-appropriation (by opportunist predators) vs being "legally" declared criminals - with at least 2 dozen new "crimes" or so since 2018 i believe.

Canuck Public Health, under the Liberal's impulse, still ain't doing the right thing for cannabis consumers who wish to inhale - and please don't tell me to try edibles or tinctures as i'm not willing to remain limited to THC alone in my appreciation(s). These days "legal" appears to signify that i should pay total strangers so they will strongly "invite" me to adjust my own consumption method as a function of whatever mix of "tumble" and "seasoned" mari-caca they feel i can have depending on inventories that particular week, etc... Similar to opening a surprize box, m'well at least knowing what's NOT part of a "bargain" anyway!

So, vilification is also when socio-toxic tensions are maintained/amplified to serve some Victorian-age ideology, pretending to protect us against the nocive effects of an eventual banalization movement. In The Name Of Children!

Federal-Health-Minister-Jane-Philpott-UNGASS-2016.gif

Vilification of the person's self may even result from such sickening environment where "légaleezation" didn't translate as the end for cannabis self-serving instrumentalists, starting with our political "elites" & friend$. Including the Collège des Médecins and pharmacists, the therapists in their so-called (scientology-inspired...) "re-hab treatment" center$, even law "enforcement" agents always asking for more para-military resources (and budgets)... Etc., etc.

But over all, i consider vilification is when my appreciation of cannabis gets diminished and all too often simply to please these troubled individuals - which reminds me of yet one more political anecdote, by the way:

Justin_Mini_PET_Trudeau_-_Toronto_Star_2016-_Dec-3_400x300.png

...who obviously lack a fair sense of proportionality, especially during the present pandemic while it's alcohol which effectively endangered whole societies, among countries of the Commonwealth and beyond!

Briefly put vilification is about turning something good into something bad, and self-vilification is when we do that to ourselves, perpetuating a socio-toxic poison as obedient vectors convinced it's the Canadian "healthy" way to include over-priced/over-taxed pre-rolled (COMBUSTION) "joints" of industrial-grade mari-caca in "legal" stores, (them) thinking somehow it's just too appealing a prospect for us to envision ourselves performing chronic long-term mass-poisoning that won't be revealed/understood before many more generations have passed after the Kosher Zyklon farce of Hexo/Hydropothecary and more. Etc.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Vilification occurs when cultural appropriation promotes the continuation of a THC-centric "legal" market with too few alternatives other than Full/High CBD
Did you know CBG flower even existed before I told you I was smoking it?

Cannabis vilification IS the true origin of this begining, although anti-vilification would more closely correspond to some remedy against official socio-toxic anti-banalisation campaigns IMO.

Vilification is like when i hear Céline Galipeau mumbling the word "cannabis" to address my country's national French-speaking TV audience, for example during the evening news just a couple days ago, right in the middle of a twisted declaration which purposedly juxtaposed "CoVid-19", the "opioïd crisis", alcohol-related abuse/disorder, tobaco health issues, mental health and even lotery games then "deaths" i think...

It was such a brief short-cut i could as well have never seen it at all, typical of one good old trick serving bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist propaganda in my province, so the other canucks can feel like everything's fine now that it's been made "legal". No later than this weekend i noticed repeated "minute" editorials valorizing the work of police, perpetuating the failed "Drug-free-World" utopia which the equally failed UNGASS 2016 event couldn't begin to fix and yet the population still ain't connecting the dots, over 4 years later.

With this only hint left about what authentic cannabis vilification really means i guess:

Captain_Canuck_2016-04-21_400x300.png

Vilification occurs when cultural appropriation promotes the continuation of a THC-centric "legal" market with too few alternatives other than Full/High CBD, which begins at the SQdC in my canuck province. Those boxing gloves were a "message" intended for Justin's new/future fans who voted conservative before; those he claimed to fight are only cannabis consumers like you or me, but imposed to choose between the fruits of cultural re-appropriation (by opportunist predators) vs being "legally" declared criminals - with at least 2 dozen new "crimes" or so since 2018 i believe.

Canuck Public Health, under the Liberal's impulse, still ain't doing the right thing for cannabis consumers who wish to inhale - and please don't tell me to try edibles or tinctures as i'm not willing to remain limited to THC alone in my appreciation(s). These days "legal" appears to signify that i should pay total strangers so they will strongly "invite" me to adjust my own consumption method as a function of whatever mix of "tumble" and "seasoned" mari-caca they feel i can have depending on inventories that particular week, etc... Similar to opening a surprize box, m'well at least knowing what's NOT part of a "bargain" anyway!

So, vilification is also when socio-toxic tensions are maintained/amplified to serve some Victorian-age ideology, pretending to protect us against the nocive effects of an eventual banalization movement. In The Name Of Children!

Federal-Health-Minister-Jane-Philpott-UNGASS-2016.gif

Vilification of the person's self may even result from such sickening environment where "légaleezation" didn't translate as the end for cannabis self-serving instrumentalists, starting with our political "elites" & friend$. Including the Collège des Médecins and pharmacists, the therapists in their so-called (scientology-inspired...) "re-hab treatment" center$, even law "enforcement" agents always asking for more para-military resources (and budgets)... Etc., etc.

But over all, i consider vilification is when my appreciation of cannabis gets diminished and all too often simply to please these troubled individuals - which reminds me of yet one more political anecdote, by the way:

Justin_Mini_PET_Trudeau_-_Toronto_Star_2016-_Dec-3_400x300.png

...who obviously lack a fair sense of proportionality, especially during the present pandemic while it's alcohol which effectively endangered whole societies, among countries of the Commonwealth and beyond!

Briefly put vilification is about turning something good into something bad, and self-vilification is when we do that to ourselves, perpetuating a socio-toxic poison as obedient vectors convinced it's the Canadian "healthy" way to include over-priced/over-taxed pre-rolled (COMBUSTION) "joints" of industrial-grade mari-caca in "legal" stores, (them) thinking somehow it's just too appealing a prospect for us to envision ourselves performing chronic long-term mass-poisoning that won't be revealed/understood before many more generations have passed after the Kosher Zyklon farce of Hexo/Hydropothecary and more. Etc.

Good day, have fun!! ☮
I could pack a vape rn, but this makes me want to vilify

...spontaneously thinking of other influencial parameters as the CONSUMPTION TOOL and also Mis-Guided 3rd-Party Interference, for example:

Anyone tempted to pretend it's some 100% naturally-occuring distribution should expect a wall of criticism...

In other words i must repeat my previous statement about successive generations still getting systematically "initiated" to cannabis via dosing abuse, while also contaminating all statistical data with external factors quite as nocive as combustion (!) and now even certain dangerous combinations of e-Liquid ingredients vs the associated e-Cigs, themselves potentially problematic on their own. Another long story. :cautious:

Of course i can accept and understand that the goal of pro-cannabic "purity" may sound almost shocking to those used to refer to their supply as "shit" or similar...

But that's not what "vilification" is all about if you ask me. So, go on: don't stop shaking the wrong tree!

:oops:

Personally my impression of Québec's SQdC was much less than flattering when i cared to check by myself, in days when nobody went zealous enough to require my identification papers to prove i'm 21+, which i refused to show actually. So much for keeping cannabis money out of the "illicit market", which is the world upside-down because the SQdC is just many times worse than dealing with any reseller i can remember until Justin Trudeau arrived:

About-INCIDENTAL-L-galeezation-From-2015-Liberal-electoral-platform-480x360.png
To be genuinely honest my best snapshots date back to BEFORE mid~2015, by coïncidence...

E.G. Too bad the "Regulatory Framework" feels even more deviant/criminal minded than whatever it pretends to replace.

P.S.: Anyway since then what "journalist" could ever afford just to launch some serious/credible investigation having to deal with potential non-detection Pest Control Product "designer soups", or more precisely their "trace" residues, to put it shortly?? Call me "chemophobic"...

Last edited: