• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cannabis making me depressed?

DesertHarp

Bluelighter
I am fairly new to cannabis gummies.

A while ago, I ate a whole 30mg gummy. Normally I just take a half gummy right before bed. I sleep better. But I was real depressed this afternoon. So I chomped down a whole gummy. I feel very zonked. Plus, it seems to be making the depression worse.

I don't see any euphoria in this experience.

cannabis, particularly oral cannabis, will absolutely make you feel zonked, tired, lazy, slow, or even depressed.

20-30mg will make me tired and just want to go to sleep.... but this is also generally the effect that I desire from it...

smoked or vaped cannabis tends to cause the "euphoria" people talk about, and it has a lot to do with the rush IMO... oral THC is generally more sleepy and psychedelic in higher doses.

when it comes to druggy shit, often the 'euphoria' described comes in the form of just being inebriated and it's not always "enjoyable" to people.

I think smoked cannabis would be more beneficial for depression than oral.

cannabis, particularly oral cannabis, will absolutely make you feel zonked, tired, lazy, slow, or even depressed.

20-30mg will make me tired and just want to go to sleep.... but this is also generally the effect that I desire from it...

smoked or vaped cannabis tends to cause the "euphoria" people talk about, and it has a lot to do with the rush IMO... oral THC is generally more sleepy and psychedelic in higher doses.

when it comes to druggy shit, often the 'euphoria' described comes in the form of just being inebriated and it's not always "enjoyable" to people.

I think smoked cannabis would be more beneficial for depression than oral.

Thanks very much for explaining all that so well. I am noticing a slight psychedelic edge to this. Like, imagining that the room got all switched around, until I take a fresh look around.

Thanks very much for explaining all that so well. I am noticing a slight psychedelic edge to this. Like, imagining that the room got all switched around, until I take a fresh look around.
Be careful with tolerance that builds up quickly with these. I now take a 1,000mg of THC gummy bears in order to get stoned.

Smoked cannabis is great for music, silly or funny tv serials, it also producer this relieving rush after huge hit, but after a few hours u will be tired, sleepy and hungry

Yea if you're already depressed and/or sad or upset, it usually just makes it worse

If you're just a little cranky for unknown reasons, it'll usually help

At least in my experience anyway

So id say it's normal

Truth.

I don’t smoke the shit to make me happy. I smoke it so people around me are safe and sound.

-GC

I smoke it so people around me are safe and sound.
I have personality disorder that causes hostile cognitions and expressions sometimes, this applies to me also to a degree.

Back when I was reading ocpd tapatalk forum, there was this dude that was in relationship with self-aware (very rare to recognize having OCPD!) OCPD sufferer and they had repeatedly observed their partner was much, much more docile and gentle stoned. They called it almost a miracle.

Weed is fucking godsend to OCPDrs. But even if it doesn't cause debilitating withdrawals, sort of extra crampyness can be observed if daily user is off too long... so it is not perfect miracle.

Weed is pretty much antithesis to features of OCPD.

I read this study year or two ago that stated that short-term THC use (few weeks) did not have effect to neurogenesis in rats, but long-term THC use (few months) did have negative effect on neurogenesis. This negative effect on neurogenesis did not happen to rats that got both THC and CBD.

While I have heard that association between neurogenesis and depression has been questioned, I think this is very valuable thing to consider.

Y
I am fairly new to cannabis gummies.

A while ago, I ate a whole 30mg gummy. Normally I just take a half gummy right before bed. I sleep better. But I was real depressed this afternoon. So I chomped down a whole gummy. I feel very zonked. Plus, it seems to be making the depression worse.

I don't see any euphoria in this experience.
Yep it will do that. They say that those who use it are more likely to be depressed than non used but what comes first ? The chicken or the egg? Do people smoke it more because they are depressed? Everyone is different, but I know from myself, that it doesn’t do me any favours that’s for sure. I struggle with depression and it doesn’t help it, it makes it worse, same with my son, thank god he saw that it was keeping him down and he’s done well to stop. But each to their own, some use it to combat their depression and whatever works for you then that’s your choice, it’s just a shame it maybe causing the depression. Good luck.

Flirting with the edge of cannabis induced psychosis? Much?

Nah, that 30 mg edible wasn't enough to push me into psychosis, but it did give me a slight sense of unreality. There was nothing pleasant about it. Kind of an indifferent experience.

Yea if you're already depressed and/or sad or upset, it usually just makes it worse

If you're just a little cranky for unknown reasons, it'll usually help

At least in my experience anyway

So id say it's normal

Thanks for that feedback. I will never again eat an edible because I'm depressed.

A half of this type of gummy has been excellent for putting me to sleep. That's really saying something because I don't fall asleep easy. I wake up with a very dry mouth from it.

I read this study year or two ago that stated that short-term THC use (few weeks) did not have effect to neurogenesis in rats, but long-term THC use (few months) did have negative effect on neurogenesis. This negative effect on neurogenesis did not happen to rats that got both THC and CBD.

While I have heard that association between neurogenesis and depression has been questioned, I think this is very valuable thing to consider.

Maybe I should stop taking it every night. If I can anymore brain dysfunction, I'm going to be a real mess.

My personal experience has been that I feel best when I have regular breaks. Being completely off is awful.

Because I am addict, I get high too often tho. But I don't like to think about it "too often", because it is good time also.

THC neurotoxicity is nothing urgent, but it is something to consider if you are going to use it decades. And even then, it is very minor compared to drugs like amphetamines, benzos and alcohol.

I think one reason taking breaks is so beneficial for me is, then I at least some times have "natural sleep". While I can feel rested sleeping high also, the dreams seem to be somewhat superficial, and they are not that intense until in the late phase of sleep. And dreams definitely have some important psychological purpose, so, having some breaks for having deep dreams is often good idea.

Y

Yep it will do that. They say that those who use it are more likely to be depressed than non used but what comes first ? The chicken or the egg? Do people smoke it more because they are depressed? Everyone is different, but I know from myself, that it doesn’t do me any favours that’s for sure. I struggle with depression and it doesn’t help it, it makes it worse, same with my son, thank god he saw that it was keeping him down and he’s done well to stop. But each to their own, some use it to combat their depression and whatever works for you then that’s your choice, it’s just a shame it maybe causing the depression. Good luck.

I noticed that my brother, who is big into smoking weed, gets morbid and morose when he smokes. He seems better off when he just drinks and isn't sucking on a joint. But he wants that weed.

Thanks for telling me your experience.