• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis - how it should be used

"top shelf" seems to me to mean that it looks and smells good... its got bag appeal.

im not worried so much about how pampered the plant was, i care about the effect.

shwag (if memory serves) was typically a sativa, so it had the mental effect i like, it just looked, smelled, and smoked like shit (and we needed a lot to get us high)... its no surprise to me that shwag makes good edibles. i just wish i had been up on edibles 10 years ago...

sativa racemes of exaggerated concentrations set the milieux for serious cb1 exploration

I've never heard top shelf to purely describe looks, but rather a total package. That's how I meant the term, regardless, but it's beside the point anyway since I said I didn't see the point in using anything other than low grade pot. Once again, in my experience, I could never tell what sort of strain went into an edible, or if the flower had been a Cannabis winner or some straight up schwag.

Just weighin' in here on the "top shelf" issue:

Top shelf to me typically refers to it's price. People tend to make the mistake of assuming high cost = high quality, though, which isn't always the case (or maybe my palate is less sophisticated, who knows?)

I just think of it literally... as in, the highest-priced, most sought after yet least often purchased products sit on the top shelf out of reach but on display like a trophy.

When I hear "top shelf," my mind goes to liquor stores and the $1,000+ bottles they tend to have on display behind the counter, right above the $15-$30 shit.

In Southern California there are so many dispensaries that they use testing services to get an edge over some of the smaller places. The top shelf is mostly 28-31% THC (although poor CBD levels) and so uber-potent that it lasts if one can keep their tolerance under control. Seeing as it's about 25% more than the mids and there's not the greatest selection of mid level / value grade any more down here it doesn't seem to be a frivolous expense. A lot of places don't even want to see doctor recommendations anymore either so hooray for legalization.

Now the concentrates are a different story and worth shopping around for, they're like the Johnnie Walker Blue Label on the dusty top shelf of the liquor store, but still a nice treat once in a while.

Cannabis can be helpful in some ways mentally and physically. Just know your limits and respect the plant. :)