• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis - how it should be used

^So again, this can be said of anything addictive. Self-control is the name of the game when it comes to this stuff. When my tolerance gets too high, I take a break. If it were interfering with my daily life, I'd take a break.

Now lots of people have trouble recognizing when something is interfering with their life, they don't see things becoming problems. That's why it's important to cultivate self-awareness. Of course that's a project that's never over.

Good luck, I hope weed starts being good again for you.

^So again, this can be said of anything addictive. Self-control is the name of the game when it comes to this stuff. When my tolerance gets too high, I take a break. If it were interfering with my daily life, I'd take a break.

Now lots of people have trouble recognizing when something is interfering with their life, they don't see things becoming problems. That's why it's important to cultivate self-awareness. Of course that's a project that's never over.

Good luck, I hope weed starts being good again for you.

This is very well said. I do not think any one person can morally judge someone based just on their consumption of a drug, let alone a plant such as cannabis.

I reserve the right to judge the everloving shit out of anybody who ever uses krokodil, or huffs computer duster.

Or paint. You huff paint and you're catchin' some judgement, every time.

I reserve the right to judge the everloving shit out of anybody who ever uses krokodil, or huffs computer duster.

Or paint. You huff paint and you're catchin' some judgement, every time.

I used to huff refrigerant gases(freon), gasoline, air duster, and starting fluid(for the ether, but there's alot of other nasty shit in it, like petroleum distillates), and nitrous oxide. This was back when I was 16/17 though, haven't touched the shit since.(I'm 28 now) Terrible things to use for a high. I'm lucky I'm not dead with the extent of my abuse in those days. Very easy to die off freon. I passed out shitloads of times, luckily I always woke up. I still don't agree with judging people who are using those things, though. They"re obviously in a bad place and need help if they're sinking to that level for a temporary escape, and to "judge the everloving shit out of them" is just being a dick, imo.

My guidelines and reasons:

- Body should be purified first, over a few days/weeks, purify the whole body, my recommendation is fasting and vegan diet.
- Cannabis should be used in raw form - dried cannabis should be heated in some milk, whoever says this doesn't work hasn't got an open mind...
- Cannabis should be taken when fasting to keep the effect sattvic - quality of being pure, food brings tamas and rajas - qualities of darkness, clogginess, foggyness, intense passions and impulses, lethargy, depression.
- Always connect to your inner most soul - the psychic being - that eternal flame of the Divine

Some thoughts:
- why have we come to this world - why is there pain, and suffering ,this whole terrestrial adventure for what? .... seems like a joke or a mistake; but have faith in your highest self your soul cuz the truth is that this is all planned to the finest detail and for a very good reason which is above reason which is the supramental consciousness

Spirituality is a belief with no evidence behind it. There is no scientific evidence of a "spirit" or "soul". That said, if you wanna believe in such things, fine, but don't try to push the crap on other people.

I used to huff refrigerant gases(freon), gasoline, air duster, and starting fluid(for the ether, but there's alot of other nasty shit in it, like petroleum distillates), and nitrous oxide. This was back when I was 16/17 though, haven't touched the shit since.(I'm 28 now) Terrible things to use for a high. I'm lucky I'm not dead with the extent of my abuse in those days. Very easy to die off freon. I passed out shitloads of times, luckily I always woke up. I still don't agree with judging people who are using those things, though. They"re obviously in a bad place and need help if they're sinking to that level for a temporary escape, and to "judge the everloving shit out of them" is just being a dick, imo.

I'm cool with being a dick if you're cool with passing out behind 7-11 lookin' like you were cosplaying Goldust.

Goldust-02.jpg

Everybody judges, but some people internalize better than others. If you can judge me a dick for my thoughts, I can sure as shit judge someone else a dumbass for their actions. I don't have to issue a verdict or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's okay to make observations on the fly.

OP is onto something here,although someone without ayurvedic background probably sees it in a different way, and that's fine !

I too feel eating combined with cannabis lessens the sattvic effect. Yet sometimes i still indulge when having the munchies. That being said, what's your take on psychedelics and the gunas?

OP is onto something here,although someone without ayurvedic background probably sees it in a different way, and that's fine !

I too feel eating combined with cannabis lessens the sattvic effect. Yet sometimes i still indulge when having the munchies. That being said, what's your take on psychedelics and the gunas?

What do you mean by Ayurvedic background,... sattvic effect,... and the gunas? How does it relate to cannabis? Im not trying to be condescending, I am just truly curious as to what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Ayurveda's a pretty old (dare I say ancient?) system of indian medicine. Yogi's and stuff.

I kind of want to call it alternative medicine but I feel like it's been in practice for way longer than today's traditional medical system, whichever country you may live in.

Satvic effect I took to mean "the effect from a Sativa," but I was wrong because:

"Guna" is sanksrit, and is used to represent the three qualities of nature as outlined by ayurveda, which are sattva, rajas and tamas.

(I fuckin' love Google, bros.)

Spirituality is a belief with no evidence behind it. There is no scientific evidence of a "spirit" or "soul". That said, if you wanna believe in such things, fine, but don't try to push the crap on other people.

physical scientific evidence works on the basis of matter, but the secret of matter is spirit. so to analyse spirit you should experience pure spiritual substance - that substance is the essence of everything - you can experience it physically , just as well as you experience your human body, so it is tangible, it is CONCRETE.

what's your take on psychedelics and the gunas?

psychedelics are a way to enter the psychic influence - which is a deep soul level in us. you have less side effects if your body is able to tolerate, assimilate, adapt, react with the right force and intensity to the forces and powers and various tones of energy, vibes, waves, rays and thoughts and visions, light that opens up when we use psychedelics.

so try to get your body into the right state and make it strong enough to tolerate the effects

i have a feeling of surrender to the One, but use knowledge, not just vibes , knowledge behind feelings and vibrations, but the key is to even let go wanting to know.... let go of ego, let go of even balanced desires, even a desire to know, cuz in spirituality, to know is to be, is to become the object of knowledge by spiritual identity, or spiritual consciuosness, which is a deeper infinite knowledge, thats the thing , it is a TOTAL and RADICAL transformation of everything that we know, that we think. we have to give up all our conceptions of reality, none of us know what earth is like, none of us know everything about it, unless you become the earth.... and for that you have to have a ego loss ... permanent... its not easy.. its very hard physically too, pain and suffering...

physical scientific evidence works on the basis of matter, but the secret of matter is spirit. so to analyse spirit you should experience pure spiritual substance - that substance is the essence of everything - you can experience it physically , just as well as you experience your human body, so it is tangible, it is CONCRETE.

The phrase 'spiritual substance' makes literally no sense, in any way I can twist it around in my mind.

What do you mean by “Ayurvedic background,... sattvic effect,... and “the gunas”? How does it relate to cannabis? I’m not trying to be condescending, I am just truly curious as to what you are talking about.

Google should give you condensed definitions of all of these but i'll try to briefly touch upon them here.

Ayurveda means sth like "science of life". It's not a diet, but a lifestyle.
Everybody is born with the same 3 qualities (vata , pita and kapha) although every individual has them in different ratios. The food we eat and the activities we do also have these qualities in different proportions. These qualities are not good or bad, they just are. Too much or too little of them (for you as an individual) can lead to imbalance and consequently disease. Imbalances are more or less "easily" corrected by eating right. Diseases require a more professional approach.

The gunas are attributes that food/activities/... can have. Explaining them here would lead us to far but
Tamas is lethargic
Rajas is stimulant
Sattvic is the perfect balance between the two.
Eternal enlightenment would be when ypur whole being is sattvic. You act in line with the universal laws etc.. "Then I only eat sattvic food and i'll become enlightened! " -> not really because in our society we sometimes need rajas to get things done and tamasic food can actually help us in times of war or food shortage.

Coming from a western point of view it is indeed "alternative" but there is something deeply harmonic about this stuff. That's how i feel it anyway.

Traditionally, anything that influences the CNS in a direct way would be tamas or rajas, and inherently not sattvic. But I believe these things are more fluid. I can definetly tell I'm more balanced after a trip.

Sorry,didn't want to hijack the thread !

Let's not forget that cannabis and other things should be FUN in the first place, all the rest is just extra layers...

This is very well said. I do not think any one person can morally judge someone based just on their consumption of a drug, let alone a plant such as cannabis.

I had a girl tell me "my favorite part of the Bible is how it says not to judge" about 10 minutes before she showed me her nipple piercings.

To be fair, I'll bet the OP looked pretty good and seemed worth posting when it was carefully drafted in the "Marijuana and Related" section of a new, deep blue Five Star three-ring binder, the margins adorned with that 'S' thing you draw by starting with six lines before carefully connecting them, all the while beaming with pride and a much earned sense of accomplishment.

how to use cannabis:

take a three month break, find a pure, potent, powerful sativa (such as 'zamaldelica' from ace seeds), and make edibles. (dont over cook it: 250 degrees fahrenheit for like 30 min should be enough)

do the math right so it comes out to a proper dose of thc to carrier, and take 150mg*thc worth of edibles. make sure you dont have SHIT to do for like 12 hours, and even after that, dont operate heavy machinery...

dont cozy up in bed or else youll just pass out.

report back with results.

how to use cannabis:

take a three month break, find a pure, potent, powerful sativa (such as 'zamaldelica' from ace seeds), and make edibles. (dont over cook it: 250 degrees fahrenheit for like 30 min should be enough)

do the math right so it comes out to a proper dose of thc to carrier, and take 150mg*thc worth of edibles. make sure you dont have SHIT to do for like 12 hours, and even after that, dont operate heavy machinery...

I never really saw the point for using top shelf flower for edibles. Swag always seemed to make for treats/food whatever that we're every bit as good imo.

"top shelf" seems to me to mean that it looks and smells good... its got bag appeal.

im not worried so much about how pampered the plant was, i care about the effect.

shwag (if memory serves) was typically a sativa, so it had the mental effect i like, it just looked, smelled, and smoked like shit (and we needed a lot to get us high)... its no surprise to me that shwag makes good edibles. i just wish i had been up on edibles 10 years ago...

sativa racemes of exaggerated concentrations set the milieux for serious cb1 exploration

how to use cannabis:

I never really saw the point for using top shelf flower for edibles. Swag always seemed to make for treats/food whatever that we're every bit as good imo.