• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis for chemotherapy

There's actual pscyhoactivity to it? I never really noticed any but I only took it a couple of times. It saved me after sinus surgery last year and hangovers from Phenibut when I was using it in December. Quickly went from "wow this stuff is amazing" to totally hating it.

Not in the sense that you’ll get high per se.. But I noticed it really helped my mood or made me moody depending. Ginger also does this to a MUCH lighter extent, so I’ve gathered it’s in relation to 5-ht3 receptor.

-GC

Not in the sense that you’ll get high per se.. But I noticed it really helped my mood or made me moody depending. Ginger also does this to a MUCH lighter extent, so I’ve gathered it’s in relation to 5-ht3 receptor.

-GC
interesting i should look more into this

Is cisplatin one of the chemo meds you’ll be getting?

-GC
I will have the following regimen for approximately six weeks:

Chemotherapy every Monday (a large bolus of mitomycin c) and I will go home with a pump that will infuse 5-fluouracil over a five day period (Mon-Fri).
Radiation will happen Monday thru Friday during the same period of time.

This is a recurrence - which is why we're being so aggressive. It's stage I and Smilow Cancer Hospital is one of the best in the Northeast (if not the best).

It's going suck, but I have a lot of support. When this cancer is stage I, there's about an 80% cure rate, which is very good news!

Yea ginger and zofran were allies too. Every morning I’d barely get myself into a hot shower and the first thing my wife would bring me was a slice of ginger. I’d just suck on it for awhile and that gave me a small window of opportunity to maybe then eat an edible or tiny bit of food without immediately throwing it back up. Gin gin candies are good too.

Zofran is addictive/habit forming though, I had to literally ween myself off. I noticed psychological symptoms from it too. Only a drug you want to use in circumstances like cancer.

It seems like not the best idea but tiny amounts of capsaicin can help too. TINY amounts. It helped with the stomach pains but if I ate too much I was crying to god on the toilet.

-GC
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not classify ondansetron as a controlled substance, meaning it has no potential for abuse or physical dependence. Ondansetron is given either as a single dose or for no longer than a few days during cancer treatment, radiation treatment, or surgery. Withdrawal symptoms are not experienced when ondansetron treatment is discontinued.

https://www.singlecare.com/blog/zofran-side-effects/#common-side-effects

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not classify ondansetron as a controlled substance, meaning it has no potential for abuse or physical dependence. Ondansetron is given either as a single dose or for no longer than a few days during cancer treatment, radiation treatment, or surgery. Withdrawal symptoms are not experienced when ondansetron treatment is discontinued.

https://www.singlecare.com/blog/zofran-side-effects/#common-side-effects

Yea they say that about a lot of things… I can tell you from experience it most definitely does cause physical dependence. When it’s harder for me to quit than my lorazepam, I think that says something.

-GC

Ondansetron is a 5HT3 receptor antagonist and is to reduced nausea/vomiting from chemo, but you have a much better option. Stops nausea, increases appetite and fucks cancer cells, in it's own way. Use cannabis in conjunction with chemo/radiation therapy and I think you'll get a positive result.

Good luck man
Thank you!
Everyone is so helpful!

Yea they say that about a lot of things… I can tell you from experience it most definitely does cause physical dependence. When it’s harder for me to quit than my lorazepam, I think that says something.

-GC
I've taken Zofran for years and have not experienced anything like what you've described. I've started and stopped many times during the last 5 years.

I've taken Zofran for years and have not experienced anything like what you've described. I've started and stopped many times during the last 5 years.

It’s possible my experience was unique, the chemo was extremely rough on me compared to most. I’m a puker, always have been. Even with copious amounts of cannabis, zofran, ginger, you name it, I was still chucking nearly all day every day. Thankfully I was able to still eat otherwise I would’ve withered away. Took me a long time to mostly recover after too, over a year for sure. 2yrs out I still don’t feel quite 100% but I’m getting older and have accepted I am where I am.

Strangely I was picky about food but the one thing that sat well was Avocado BLT. So every day I’d get one from a restaurant close by. Couple times tho I did throw up right after and was rough coming up.

-GC