• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cannabis Fatality Verdict Disputed Huffngton Post

Si Dread

Bluelighter
An advocacy group has challenged the verdict of an inquest which states a mother-of-three’s death was a direct result of cannabis poisoning.

Gemma Moss was found dead on her bedroom floor in October with moderate to high levels of the class B drug in her system.

Tests of her vital organs found nothing out of the ordinary, though a pathologist at the 31-year-old’s inquest this week in Bournemouth said she may have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by cannabis toxicity.

Her death was registered as cannabis toxicity and a coroner recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse.

But Peter Reynolds, the leader of Cannabis Law Reform (CLEAR), tells HuffPost UK: "Science simply doesn't support this verdict. There must have been another factor involved and there isn't any evidence that cannabis was the causative factor.

“Tragically, spontaneous cardiac arrest does occur in apparently healthy people. Cannabis is the least toxic therapeutically active substance known to man".

Moss, a devout Christian who was baptised last year, was known to use cannabis regularly throughout her adult life, but had stopped for two years before her death.

She began using it again to help her sleep after becoming anxious and depressed following the breakup of her relationship, the inquest heard.

more - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ssed-campaign-group_n_4695702.html?1391098515

Wow one woman has no apparent cause of death so they blame it on grass.. Don't worry grass can take it.. its become strong from all the years of being unjustly fingered as the cause of so much that I dont think it bothers it much anymore. What a joke.

Wow theyre going to use this as an excuse and move this fucking country's drug laws backwards by another 50 years.

Guess its time to move to Cali or Holland or something

I am thinking weed sprayed with noids more like than just good old weed

I've been hospitalized twice because of noids in the last couple of years so more than likely that than weed

I'd like to get some physiological info about this topic. Something from journals.

What is considered a moderate to high level of thc?

This is strange but people do have heart attacks..

Maybe it was some synthetic cannaboid as mentioned above.

They just want to blame it on the grass so there would finally be a recorded case of death by cannabis. Assholes

Concerning marijuana overdose, I had read many years ago of testing on rats. The amount of pot concentrated was equivalent to a human eating 400 lbs. in one sitting. Hell of a meal.

It's so fucking demented that they pretend someone dying of unexplained heart failure or stroke with cannabis in their system died from the cannabis despite a complete lack of a mechanism for it to have caused it. Isn't Britain the only country in the world that actually has deaths from cannabis?

Last edited:
Really?? Do you still do them?

yer ive used them since as its certain types of noids that do it ur144 was the first makes me have fits in my sleep and stuck me in hospital the first time then at Christmas it was one of the 5f-akb48 or 5fpb22 that did it to me

Haven't been here on BL for about 2 years now but figured this would be here and it is just bullshit; Wanted to shed a small bit of light for anyone questioning the possibility. I live a few minutes from where she did and would often see her on the school run with my little brother. She was in her 20's and would come to the school sometimes in a tiny miniskirt,knee-high high heel boots, clearly from the night before and clearly coming down. Knowing the people around here it wouldn't surprise me if she had at least at some point a problem with methadrone and a sweet tooth for mdma. That last part is an assumption and it's sad she passed, it was my brothers friends mother but there is no way it was the weed and it was sad to see so many people agreeing its a terrible drug on local pages and news articles.

After a cursory search of pumed, the case for cardiotoxicity and cannabis is not very strong, but I can see how a coroner would at least raise the issue. Searching "marijuana heart attack" for instance produces a few pertinent results:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=marijuana+heart+attack

I'm not saying the case is strong; I'm just saying that someone who wanted to conclude that cannabis is cardiotoxic could draw on some of these results.

I'm not saying the case is strong; I'm just saying that someone who wanted to conclude that cannabis is cardiotoxic could draw on some of these results.

Only if they ignored the fact that she'd recently stopped taking anti-depressants as well. It's much more likely that was the cause of her heart issues.

I feel like there's always something else when you're talking about cardiovascular issues and cannabis use...cannabis is just always there on the surface, it is very easily detected and stays around for a long time in the body...as far as how much cannabis was a contributing factor to her heart issues, I would have no idea though. I feel like the Huffington Post article pretty much just goes ahead and assumes that cannabis 'poisoning', whatever that means, was the cause of her death, but these types of heart attacks that seemingly come from nowhere are definitely not unheard of, it just seems like cannabis is being labeled as the cause because it happened to be there. Pretty speculative if you ask me.

And also, it's not even like she smoked that much...she could've smoked less, but definitely nothing extravagant, very common recreational user if you ask me.

Last edited:
Only if they ignored the fact that she'd recently stopped taking anti-depressants as well. It's much more likely that was the cause of her heart issues.

Where are you getting that from? The story just said she had a history of antideoressant use, noot that she had recently discontinued them.