• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis dosage, effects, and tolerance:

not true. there is a limit to how high you can get. i used to smoke around 2.5 grams of top knotch hash usually bubble hash, you can look at it this way, you can keep smoking till you end up wanting to catch some zzz's but when you have a high tolerance the 'high' becomes you norm really i remember when the only time i felt 'high' was when i took dabs or else i simply felt normal when i smoked up, and somewhat off when i wasn't stoned
😭😭😭😭😭👽

I'll be honest, I think a little Girl Scout Cookies or Sour Diesel should set you up just right. . They're both sativas and are strong and fun to smoke. I do a retail job and every time I do it before work, its such a good time. Except one time a coworker said, I smell marijuana. WTF! I just put my head down and kept working and said, ain't that the damnest thing. I don't think anyone was the wiser. Good Times, eh?

Input like .2 in a joint and I feel stoned for about two hours. If a friend givesnme anspliff who outs like .4 or half s g in I get more of an intense high.
If I smoke on a pipe point one will get me few recent hits and I be more smashed than a spliff but doesn't last as long

I smoke daily and my tolerance is messed up. The problem I have is I am retired and have cash. I buy a 1/4 pound of one strain and another 1/4 of a different strain, buy edibles off the Rez, our natives here in BC Canada have awesome dispensaries. And I buy an ounce or 2 of pot online to mix it up, always have at least a 1/4 ounce of hash and a few grams of shatter around. So I mix it up. I wish I could stop for a day or 2 but I get really bitchy and feel like shit. The best I seem to do is vape more. Any suggestions?
And whats with the feeling like shit when I wake up...it passes but every morning I just feel ugh.
cheers

I smoke daily and my tolerance is messed up. The problem I have is I am retired and have cash. I buy a 1/4 pound of one strain and another 1/4 of a different strain, buy edibles off the Rez, our natives here in BC Canada have awesome dispensaries. And I buy an ounce or 2 of pot online to mix it up, always have at least a 1/4 ounce of hash and a few grams of shatter around. So I mix it up. I wish I could stop for a day or 2 but I get really bitchy and feel like shit. The best I seem to do is vape more. Any suggestions?
And whats with the feeling like shit when I wake up...it passes but every morning I just feel ugh.
cheers
plenty of people would happily have your 'problem' lol

all you can really do is have regular tolerance breaks and if it's uncomfortable for a day or two then just front it out, won't do you any harm

cheers

Doesnt really lower your tolerance in a traditional way, but it certainly lowers it a little. Try edibles for a couple days and then switch back to smoking.

At the end of the day the only real answer is find something else to do and take some time off. Sucks, but tolerance sucks.

@Zonxx, the limit to how high you can get is no longer a high feeling - it is a blackout!

I remember smoking a joint with hash in it before entering a Chinese restaurant, and when the food arrived, I fell face first into the chow mein.
after emerging with a noodle shrimp face, I began throwing money everywhere. This only happened once.

I like to approach that limit without achieving it.

@heatlessbbq, anyway, I was trying to estimate the milligrams THC in the OP report, which records weights of weed and I opted for a guestimate calculation that you used bud with 20% THC - that a 0.05 gram pipe full would represent 20%*50mg=10 mg THC. (that is double my usual hoot)

source:

HYgHVeda_400x400.jpg

Cannabis dosage, effects, and tolerance:
No Tolerance means it's been at least 2-3 days since You have smoked Cannabis.

Cannabis [marijuana] is one of the most commonly used psychedelic substances on the planet.
It has been used as a plant medicine and as entheogenic sacrament for eons now.
It can be smoked or prepared to ingest, orally [by mouth]. Cannabis has a very sensitive and balanced 'half life' and 'tolerance break'.
Acute Cannabis use is usually overwhelming and intense. Chronic Marijuana users control the experience trouble free and can handle the effects very easily.
Also, Chronic Marijuana users [who only smoke Cannabis] can cope through life better than the normal drug addict.
MIXING OTHER DRUGS WITH CANNABIS WILL PILE ON MORE 'DRUG CONSEQUENCES'.

Cannabis ~ High Potency Smoked Cannabis Dosages: - No Tolerance:
With NO tolerance; every time You smoke will strengthen, prolong and bring back the effects listed below. One can build a tolerance very quickly especially when smoking over {0.2 - 0.3 grams} the first day without a tolerance.

0.025 grams:
Slight buzz and mood lift. I wanted more 50 minutes after the first single hit.

0.05 grams: Soaring and body / cerebral head high that provokes happiness and creativity.
A bit anxious but went away very quickly. Feeling high and happy. Some CEVs.

Level 1 ~ {0.025grams - 0.05grams} ~ Cannabis [No Tolerance]

----------------------------------------------------------------

0.075 grams: Slowed down and sped up thought process.
Self contradictory and very introspective. Profound Over analyzations.
Breathing is heavy and kind of anxious.
Coming down and munchies felt good though; amazing sex and sensory enhancement [good and bad].
Cottonmouth and Slowed down time is uncommon.

0.1 grams: Full on Cannabis effects. Level 2 open and closed eye visuals.
The peak for inexperienced users can instigate profound personal scenarios.
Paranoia, Fear, anxiety, and "ego death" effects are very common during the peak.
The coming down effects are way more zen, grounded, and peaceful.
Some Time Dilatation and Some Third Eye Visuals.

0.2 grams: Slight sensory overload. Over whelming sensory input [i.e. sounds wider, visuals, touch,...]
Slight Synesthesia; sensory enhancement [Third Eye Visuals and Synesthetic Imagery].
Hot flashes, 'triggers', and 'the itchies' are uncommon. Wicked cottonmouth.
[Dramatic scenarios may manifest Themselves during the peak.]
The coming down effects are way more zen, grounded, and peaceful.

"I should have taken less." ~ "...Too much too fast." ~ Wait 50 minutes before smoking more if not feeling yet.
A lot like 0.1 grams; just more intense.

0.3 grams: Delirium and 'zombie like state'.
Quick tolerance gain and harsh smoke.
Blurry vision. Nausea is sometimes common; especially with alcohol.
Slight or Extreme loss of motor skills and impaired judgement/ memory. Some disorientation.
{0.4+ grams is a lot like 0.3 grams. - with No Tolerance}

Hang overs / grogginess are common at any dosage when having No Tolerance to Cannabis.

Level 2 ~ {0.05+grams} ~ Cannabis [No Tolerance]

Cannabis ~ High Potency Smoked Cannabis Dosages: - With Tolerance:
Every time You smoke will prolong or bring back the effects listed above.
Lower quality weed will take a higher dosage to get desired effects.

In higher dosages; All effects stated in lower dosages will be present.

0.05 grams: Threshold effects. No effects.

0.075 grams: Slight buzz and mood lift.

0.1 grams: ~ Chronic. ~ Feeling of release and relief is common. Creativity and pleasure becomes apparent.
Extremely distractive thought patterns arise. Slightly self contradictory and introspective.
Absolutely NO anxiety at all; what so ever. Feeling slightly high and happy.
No CEVs.

0.2 grams: Holistic relaxation. [Feeling of belonging, euphoria, fogginess, and insight.] Stay Hydrated!
Visual and sensory enhancement. Forgetfulness and more distractive thought patterns.
Over analyzations are common mixed with Apathy; especially when mixed with alcohol.
[Brief Dissociation, Relief or Light Headedness can occur when consumed all in one hit.]

0.3 grams: Chronic x2. Motivation. Starting to enter into Level 2.
Tapping into consciousness; [good and bad].
Mixing with other psychedelics will pronounce this effect.
Vacancy and preoccupied brain activity. Uncertain mini-revelations and epiphanies.
Gravity accumulation / sedimentation from muscle relaxation [i.e. chest pressure, breathing, posture.]
Some sinus congestion. Munchies, Muscle Relaxant, and Sleep Aid [much like 15 mgs of edibles].
Coming down effects are very lethargic like. ~ Smoking more can instigate motivation and more energy.

Level 1 ~ {0.05grams - 0.4grams} ~ Cannabis [With Tolerance]

0.4 grams: Harsh 'Shaman' smoke. Slowed down and sped up thought process. [Very Distractive thought patterns.]
Obvious change in consciousness, sensory enhancement, and mild visuals.
Personality, creativity, and imagination enhancement.
CEVs and anxiety are uncommon.

0.5 grams: Meditation Nation. Chronic x3.
Slight Synesthesia; sensory enhancement [Third Eye Visuals and Synesthetic Imagery].
Feeling of emancipation and anticipation. Epiphanies and Over analyzations are common.
Cerebral head buzz, Slight cottonmouth and rare time distortions. Extremely creative and distractive.
Hot flashes, 'triggers', and 'the itchies' are uncommon.

0.6 grams: Full on Cannabis effects with tolerance [very similar to 30mgs of edibles].
Stoning, Tipping point. This is the highest You can get from Cannabis with a Tolerance.
Beyond this is a waste of weed. Wait 15 minutes before smoking more so it's not a waste of ganj.
Burring vision and Hedonism / endurance hang overs are uncommon. A lot like 0.3 - 0.5 grams.

Level 2 ~ {0.4+ grams} ~ Cannabis [With Tolerance]

Remember, every time You smoke will prolong or bring back the effects listed above.

Smoking over 0.4 grams of Cannabis in 3-15 minutes; chronically [over and over again] will not reach Level 3 or above unless mixed with other psychedelic drugs.

Also: Each milligram {mg} benchmark and trip level reached is very spot on [in this thread].
However, You will experience some / all of the effects said in lower milligram {mg} ranges.

~~~~~~~
As I am going to smoke cannabis for the first time I was looking for such information. Thank you for your guide. I have also found such a small guide at one resource. Is it good for a beginner? It gives lower dosages than in your post or I am not right.

For your first time take like two three hits of the joint make sure you know how to inhale so inhale it slowly then once you have the smoke in your mouth inhale that again into your lungs. See how you feel for a while then smoke more.

Well, i didn't read long before i saw the word "marijuana", which i prefer to translate into mari-caca, because it's NOT the best way to seek my attention to begin with the "m" word. It's like walking in a cemetary and immediately start to destroy mortuary monuments, pretending to be coming in good faith so we can have a dialog initiated with an insult. Way to go!, i'll wait for the film...

Not even a mention of the consumption method & its associated ritual anyway. Pff!! Go figure what else i might be missing. NOT

Even with a month long tolerance break, I need around 300-500mg orally for a good high

Even with a month long tolerance break, I need around 300-500mg orally for a good high
300-500mg what exactly?

people urgently need to distinguish between weight of flower etc and thc dose weight, the confusion leads to extremely unpleasant overdoses

500mg thc. (I've been an extremely heavy smoker for 15 years)

... still though you'd think after 60 days or so i wouldn't need the same amount but I do

500mg thc.
So it takes 500mg oral thc to get you baked when your tolerance is low? :ROFLMAO:

I'm struggling to believe that , with all due respect. That would be like eating an edible made with 2.5g potent cannabis

I've used cannabis over 30 years and 500mg oral thc would have me tripping for a week I'd imagine

I get really high off 50mg, like wasted high for a good 4 or 5 hours. With plenty tolerance, Sure ymmv but not that fukkin much :)

So it takes 500mg oral thc to get you baked when your tolerance is low? :ROFLMAO:

I'm struggling to believe that , with all due respect. That would be like eating an edible made with 2.5g potent cannabis

I've used cannabis over 30 years and 500mg oral thc would have me tripping for a week I'd imagine

I get really high off 50mg, like wasted high for a good 4 or 5 hours. With plenty tolerance, Sure ymmv but not that fukkin much :)

When its low, 300 works. And no, im completely serious. Try a high dose of 500mg sometime, though if you do it often (i used to eyeball ~a half gram of distillate and eat it daily, prior to that I was smoking almost an oz a week) it might burn out your receptors a little bit. But I love it, super cozy. And it lasts like 24 hours+.

Its not super uncommon, in California medical shops used to sell 500mg single brownies, thats when I first tried it.

50-100mg from a medical dispensary and accurately labeled i feel next to nothing, maybe a bit sedated. I used to try buying from rec shops and eat the whole thing of candies, 10 10mg ones, nothing. Thought I was getting ripped off.

Though I might add, maybe 5 years into my cannabis career I took like .3 of bubble hash and melted it with butter in a spoon and had a really bad trip. 300-500mg when I'm actively smoking these days doesn't even cause any psychedelic effects, I just pass out.

Last edited:
When its low, 300 works. And no, im completely serious. Try a high dose of 500mg sometime, though if you do it often (i used to eyeball ~a half gram of distillate and eat it daily, prior to that I was smoking almost an oz a week) it might burn out your receptors a little bit. But I love it, super cozy.

Its not super uncommon, in California medical shops used to sell 500mg single brownies, thats when I first tried it.

50-100mg from a medical dispensary and accurately labeled i feel next to nothing, maybe a bit sedated. I used to try buying from rec shops and eat the whole thing of candies, 10 10mg ones, nothing.
never heard of anyone taking that kinda dose honestly, I do believe you though but suspect underdosed products, or not decarbed, or you're just a monster :cool:

anyone reading and trying oral cannabis first time I'd seriously advise not going above 20mg thc, really

I recently made some edibles with lots of leftover bits from various quality hash/kief batches, I estimate 60mg thc per edible and I ate one. Lots of tolerance in that I smoke 6 days weekly for over 30 years, but only around 0.5g cannabis ((circa 100mg thc) daily (sometimes plenty more obvs) in the main.

Highlights of the evening included making a mug of tea and settling down to drink it, only to find the teabag still in the cup and that it was stone cold as hadn't even boiled the kettle...and also at one point found myself on the front doorstep giggling lightly to myself at nothing in the rain as a bemused old lady hurried past...so yeah, that was on 60mg...

...so I think I'll give 500mg a swerve :)

On the other hand for anyone who has had underwhelming responses with oral thc, particularly for those who like to smoke hourly giant spliff, don't be afraid to push your dosage

🥳

On the other hand for anyone who has had underwhelming responses with oral thc, particularly for those who like to smoke hourly giant spliff, don't be afraid to push your dosage

🥳
start small first with oral thc...many have regretted doing otherwise

...you can always take more (but give it at least an hour) but you can't take less.....and edibles are notoriously unpredictable

remember it's a harm reduction website friend