• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Cannabis a Hallucinogenic?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
A fried of mine smokes 20 to 30 bowls a day. He claims weed is a hallucinogenic drug. I disagree. I think it just has some psychedelic properties. Question: what is the real difference between a hallucinogen and a psychedelic?

A fried of mine smokes 20 to 30 bowls a day. He claims weed is a hallucinogenic drug. I disagree. I think it just has some psychedelic properties. Question: what is the real difference between a hallucinogen and a psychedelic?
Weed is absolutely hallucinogenic and psychotogenic. I've had very strong hallucinations before. They are unlike classical psychedelics, though.

They also only occur at high dose and low tolerance.

If your friend smokes 30 bowls a day his tolerance would prevent hallucinations.

I'm talking about taking a year off then smoking 30 bowls in 30 minutes to produce hallucinations (exaggerating a bit)

I just smoked 4 cones after railing a line of ketamine and can now confirm yes it is a hallucinogenic now.
Cannabis is very well known to increase and add to the hallucinogenic effects of psychedelics.

But even by itself I've had auditory and CEV hallucinations. And very very mild OEVs

Unquestionably it can be. For me it is, if it’s a large dose/short time. Also, as others say - edibles.

It combines with other drugs (i’ve had it with LSD and mushrooms). It can also combine with several legal drugs.

Open eye visuals are low level, but again similar to mushrooms (crawling vines and kaldeioscopic light patterns. But for me that is at a stupid level of oral THC (~100mg). less than that, it just feels like a mushroom trip but doesn’t look like one (again for me).

Tom

And very very mild OEVs
I have very strong OEVs (but no CEVs)

the strongest one is a “frame dropping effect” where vision goes to like 10 fps, if that make sense

second is that it gives everything a shine like effect. Matte surfaces will still look shiny

I have very strong OEVs (but no CEVs)

the strongest one is a “frame dropping effect” where vision goes to like 10 fps, if that make sense

second is that it gives everything a shine like effect. Matte surfaces will still look shiny
Ya I get those same OEVs. Difficult to explain.

Interesting about no CEVs. My whole life, for example, if I have no tolerance and smoke 5-10mg I have very distant but noticeable CEVs. Nothing like real psychedelics, but nice to look at.

For me, auditory hallucinations are the most prevalent for me on cannabis. They are way louder than any visual. Almost scary loud, lol

Should be noted this only happens with no tolerance and particularly potent cannabis as well.

I think i have something called “aphantasia”, as i‘ve never seen anything with closed eyes, sober or otherwise.

what are the auditory ones like? Voices, sounds, etc?

Cannabis is kind of a unique drug in that it's a combo of the stimulant, depressant and psychedelic-hallucinogen categories...
Its certainly a weird drug that is used and enjoyed for aspects of all of those categories. That's the beauty of it.

I appreciate it most for it's anxiolytic, depressant and medical properties, and if I want it to be psychedelic I just use more or combine with whatever.

Its so flexible. Truly an amazing plant and array of biochemistry

depends on dosage, and with cannabis, you can really control the dosage if you are familiar with the material, from a mild refreshing lift, to a relaxing intoxication, to a deep body stone, and then wildly hallucinogenic.

I get concrete floor morph patterns while sitting in the washroom with as little as 5mg thc, bumbling intoxication and mixed up use of words at 15mg thc, and wall paper neon cartoon graphics at 25-30 mg thc - more than that and I am physically restless - the same as with a full 100mic dose of lsd.

I’ve never hallucinated on weed, and it’s not like I haven’t tried to smoke/eat enough that I green out.

Altered perception/concept of reality and time ie psychedelic response for sure.

If your weed causes you to hallucinate you might want to have a chat with your weed guy 🤔