• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can You Withdrawl From Taking 5mg Roxycodone IR Everyday For A Year?

Yeah it doesn't last long, but I keep getting hot flashes, excess sweating, insomnia, runny nose, and diarrhea when I try to get off the 5mg. I'm currently on my 3rd day of 2.5mg of oxy (just bought a pill cutter) but it's still hard to get any sleep and feeling restless, hot/cold and sweating too much in the bed. I thought it wouldn't be an issue but I always feel it when I don't take 5 mg in a day, but I have been doing it for a while now.

For the symptoms I'm using diphenhydramine, gabapentin, loperamide and acetaminophen to help me deal with it. I also have a beer today because it helps level out my temperature but haven't drank in months.

I'll see if my doctor can prescribe me some clonidine, but my insurance isn't allowing me to get anything helpful for the withdrawals atm besides the things I can buy otc
Yeah you're lucky you're only on 5mg of oxycodone. I'd need like 200mg of oxycodone to just not keep me sick. Granted my habit costs nothing compared to a 200mg a day oxycodone habit.

Do red Bali kratom 3x a day for three days and you’ll be fine
I would like to try this, I bought some kratom from a gas station once and later found out I probably wasted my money. I was looking for something that would help me replace the oxy that isn't too expensive if I wanted to use it for a while. Im still taking 2.5mg and I don't think I can stop unless I supplement it with something like this, but I need to find a good source first, there is lots of sites that look a little sketch tbh lol

Yeah it doesn't last long, but I keep getting hot flashes, excess sweating, insomnia, runny nose, and diarrhea when I try to get off the 5mg. I'm currently on my 3rd day of 2.5mg of oxy (just bought a pill cutter) but it's still hard to get any sleep and feeling restless, hot/cold and sweating too much in the bed. I thought it wouldn't be an issue but I always feel it when I don't take 5 mg in a day, but I have been doing it for a while now.

For the symptoms I'm using diphenhydramine, gabapentin, loperamide and acetaminophen to help me deal with it. I also have a beer today because it helps level out my temperature but haven't drank in months.

I'll see if my doctor can prescribe me some clonidine, but my insurance isn't allowing me to get anything helpful for the withdrawals atm besides the things I can buy otc
gotta give it a minute, it will stabilize over a week or so. that's a 50% drop - gotta expect some symptoms. but each drop down gets easier. some ultra low dose naltrexone would really assist you at this point. im basically at same place ;)

5mg oxycodone is the taper...your done bud....just stop
Yeah I want to stop but the small break it gives everyday makes it so hard. I'm thinking of trying to move on to better alternatives, but so far I haven't found anything I like besides Gabapentin but I still get the oxy cravings

Generally speaking, you take a drug by a method allowing it to “hit faster”, you’re going to see a shorter duration. Also, what so you mean “do this with edibles”? If you’re asking if edibles can just be held under your tongue for faster effects, the answer is “maybe”? That’s what tinctures are for, anyway. Just not sure how much the alcohol aids absorption. I’m not sure why my answer is in your quote box. Sorry.

Well mitragynine technically isn’t a opioid right ? It just acts on the opiate receptors ?
🤣 that’s just a matter of semantics. It hits mu, and produces terrible opioid withdrawals. Who cares if the backbone is slightly different—- I used to be a vendor and at this point I won’t take it vs oxy for chronic pain because I dislike and have a much harder time with Kratom withdrawals due to their duration.

🤣 that’s just a matter of semantics. It hits mu, and produces terrible opioid withdrawals. Who cares if the backbone is slightly different—- I used to be a vendor and at this point I won’t take it vs oxy for chronic pain because I dislike and have a much harder time with Kratom withdrawals due to their duration.
I wish we could get isolate of 7-OH or mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, I read those are strong opioid antagonist that are significantly stronger than morphine …them being legal I just can’t believe nobody is selling them, unless extracting /isolating them is really expensive

no, you're just still addicted to opioids :facepalm:
If that’s how you look at things , on only 5 mg or the 2.5 he’s on now you’ll avoid the worst of the withdrawals,by the time you reach day 5 on kratom you’ll be able to deal with things without it ,I’d just dose once a day by day 7 then quit,I use kratom every month when I finish my script early and I’m fine using kratom a week a month,it works the same for pod tea I buy a lb a month and use kratom when it’s gone ,,pod tea withdrawal is worse than oxy and kratom works for it