• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can You Withdrawl From Taking 5mg Roxycodone IR Everyday For A Year?

soapdropper

Bluelighter
I've been taking Roxycodone IR for about 2 years to help with severe Crohn's disease. I used to take as much as 25mg everyday (5mg, 5 times a day). I've been trying to get off them as I am starting to finally get better. Luckily, I have a good amount left that I can slowly taper off and now I'm only taking 5mg everyday. I was thinking of just stopping the 5mg dose cold turkey as it is such a small amount but it is one of the hardest parts to do. I was also wondering if there is any major withdrawals I might experience from a year of only 5mg everyday.

I originally tried to go cold turkey from 25mg and it made my Crohn's get worse so I figured I should just take my time and now I can be on 5mg for another year if I need to with the supply I have left. but overall I wanted any feedback from users getting off of opioids and their experiences with low to micro-dose amounts that they have been taking for a very long time.

Any advice or comments are appreciated, Thanks!

Lomotil should help out alot if you decide to w/dwl
add it to your arsenal
the acetominaphen has more impact on everything compared to the oxycod'

Edit: lomotil doesnt just work for the runns
its works great as a 1st gen bupre of the sort

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I currently use Loperimide, diphenhydramine, acetaminophen, and gabapentin to help me taper down. Would you suggest I substitute the Loperamide for Lomotil?
Lomotil should help out alot if you decide to w/dwl
add it to your arsenal
the acetominaphen has more impact on everything compared to the oxycod'

Edit: lomotil doesnt just work for the runns
its works great as a 1st gen bupre of the sort

I (personally) feel you could do without the acetaminophin
but lomotil was top 3

but I have no idea how Dr's feel about it these days

I've been taking Roxycodone IR for about 2 years to help with severe Crohn's disease. I used to take as much as 25mg everyday (5mg, 5 times a day). I've been trying to get off them as I am starting to finally get better. Luckily, I have a good amount left that I can slowly taper off and now I'm only taking 5mg everyday. I was thinking of just stopping the 5mg dose cold turkey as it is such a small amount but it is one of the hardest parts to do. I was also wondering if there is any major withdrawals I might experience from a year of only 5mg everyday.

I originally tried to go cold turkey from 25mg and it made my Crohn's get worse so I figured I should just take my time and now I can be on 5mg for another year if I need to with the supply I have left. but overall I wanted any feedback from users getting off of opioids and their experiences with low to micro-dose amounts that they have been taking for a very long time.

Any advice or comments are appreciated, Thanks!
Yes, even that low of a dose you'll feel the WDs. It shouldn't be near as bad as someone else with a more sizable habit, but just be ready for a possibly shitty week.

Hey @soapdropper :)

My appraisal of this situation is that you have already done the majority of the leg-work. You are taking 20% of what you were once taking. Tapering down to this point is no easy feat. Given that you've been able to do that, there is no doubt in my mind that you can't quit that last 5mg Oxycodone. Practically, spiritually... all that shit, I believe that you can finish the job.

I talk to people on a very regular basis who have similar feelings. They want to quit thei dependency, but they're on, for instance, 120mg Methadone, drinking all the time.... etc.

My advice to you is simpe. Test the waters.

There is no reason why you can't cut those tihings in half either and do 2.5mg for a little while, so consider that. I see no reason to not continue softening your landing, as it were.

So let us know what you're going to do/what happens with your symptoms and we will be here like toast in a mother-fucking toaster oven.

I have a soft-spot for helping people with their Opioid withdrawal. Maybe at Jiffy Lube, there's one dude who's great at the breaks and one who can just change oil like lightnig. I too have a specialty. I'm proud to say I've successfully helped a shit ton of people withdraw. The best part is when they finish and just abruptly stop talking to me. Those littler birdies gotta fly though... I understand.

My basic recommendation is to cut the pills in half for like 5-7 days. When you identify the last day of your Oxycodone, you're going to reduce the usage of your Gabapentin to the lowest tolerable usage. You're going to need all of that help for when you completely withdraw.

Going to absolute zero is often a little bit jarring for people. There is a distinct paint that comes with the very, very last drop of nectar leaving your body. It doesn't feel good. I consider it that last 5 minutes on the treatmill when you turn it up and finish strong.

But, we will help you along the way if you want.

Hey @soapdropper :)

My appraisal of this situation is that you have already done the majority of the leg-work. You are taking 20% of what you were once taking. Tapering down to this point is no easy feat. Given that you've been able to do that, there is no doubt in my mind that you can't quit that last 5mg Oxycodone. Practically, spiritually... all that shit, I believe that you can finish the job.

I talk to people on a very regular basis who have similar feelings. They want to quit thei dependency, but they're on, for instance, 120mg Methadone, drinking all the time.... etc.

My advice to you is simpe. Test the waters.

There is no reason why you can't cut those tihings in half either and do 2.5mg for a little while, so consider that. I see no reason to not continue softening your landing, as it were.

So let us know what you're going to do/what happens with your symptoms and we will be here like toast in a mother-fucking toaster oven.

I have a soft-spot for helping people with their Opioid withdrawal. Maybe at Jiffy Lube, there's one dude who's great at the breaks and one who can just change oil like lightnig. I too have a specialty. I'm proud to say I've successfully helped a shit ton of people withdraw. The best part is when they finish and just abruptly stop talking to me. Those littler birdies gotta fly though... I understand.

My basic recommendation is to cut the pills in half for like 5-7 days. When you identify the last day of your Oxycodone, you're going to reduce the usage of your Gabapentin to the lowest tolerable usage. You're going to need all of that help for when you completely withdraw.

Going to absolute zero is often a little bit jarring for people. There is a distinct paint that comes with the very, very last drop of nectar leaving your body. It doesn't feel good. I consider it that last 5 minutes on the treatmill when you turn it up and finish strong.

But, we will help you along the way if you want.
Thank you for the reply! I think today will be the last day I take my last 5mg dose (I hope) , I was also thinking of cutting them in half but they are such small pills I was worried they would become mostly dust or shoot across the room and I would lose some pieces lol

I'm currently taking 800mg gabapentin daily and it's the main thing that helps with the withdrawal issues when I'm really going thru it. I feel the sweat all over my body, the hot flashes, runny nose, aches and diarrhea but the drug really helps me get out of a funk that I honestly want to keep taking them after I get off the oxy for good.

I started taking the Gaba originally to help me sleep because my trazadone was giving me night-terrors and it was affecting my partner and scaring them at night. Since then the Gaba fixes all that and more, it also makes me more of a loving and fun person to be around.

Honestly the Gaba is my new addiction I was wondering if this is fine for me to stay on it for the rest of my life, it's really something that I depend on daily and I'm a better person in my current relationship when I'm on them. They don't know about all my drug stuff because I hide it very well but when I'm not on them they notice I become a very depressed and quite. I used to use the oxy to get me to be the person I wanted to be, but now the Gaba is taking it's spot.

The only issue with the Gaba is how long it takes to kick in (2-4 hours sometimes), but thankfully it lasts so long I feel good for the entire day, I love it.

Okay, let us know how it all goes. Just so you know, Volumetric Dosing is actually fairly easy. You take say, 10ml of water, dissolve in a 5mg Oxycodone to solution. You will have a 99.9% accurate 50/50 by consuming 5ml of water for a total of 2.5mg Oxycodone. You don't have to stop there though, there's nothing stopping you from decimalizing that shit and taking the word miniscule to new heights.

We do the volumetric thing a lot with folks who are withdrawing from Opioids and some people really swear by it.

Thank you for the reply! I think today will be the last day I take my last 5mg dose (I hope) , I was also thinking of cutting them in half but they are such small pills I was worried they would become mostly dust or shoot across the room and I would lose some pieces lol

I'm currently taking 800mg gabapentin daily and it's the main thing that helps with the withdrawal issues when I'm really going thru it. I feel the sweat all over my body, the hot flashes, runny nose, aches and diarrhea but the drug really helps me get out of a funk that I honestly want to keep taking them after I get off the oxy for good.

I started taking the Gaba originally to help me sleep because my trazadone was giving me night-terrors and it was affecting my partner and scaring them at night. Since then the Gaba fixes all that and more, it also makes me more of a loving and fun person to be around.

Honestly the Gaba is my new addiction I was wondering if this is fine for me to stay on it for the rest of my life, it's really something that I depend on daily and I'm a better person in my current relationship when I'm on them. They don't know about all my drug stuff because I hide it very well but when I'm not on them they notice I become a very depressed and quite. I used to use the oxy to get me to be the person I wanted to be, but now the Gaba is taking it's spot.

The only issue with the Gaba is how long it takes to kick in (2-4 hours sometimes), but thankfully it lasts so long I feel good for the entire day, I love it.
Have you tried just dumping the contents of your gabapentin under your tongue instead of swallowing them ,try it,that’s the only way I take gaba,I kinda got use to the taste of them too

Have you tried just dumping the contents of your gabapentin under your tongue instead of swallowing them ,try it,that’s the only way I take gaba,I kinda got use to the taste of them too
I usually let it sit in my mouth until it dissolves a little so I can swallow it easier but I'd imagine it would take forever for it to dissolve, does it feel much better than swallowing it? The time wait sucks but I do like how long it lasts

I usually let it sit in my mouth until it dissolves a little so I can swallow it easier but I'd imagine it would take forever for it to dissolve, does it feel much better than swallowing it? The time wait sucks but I do like how long it lasts
I forgot why i started opening them up and dumping them in my mouth but once i did start taking them this i never turned back,they act quickly this way,

DO NOT go into medication assisted treatment if you're only taking 5mg of oxycodone a day. I'm very pro-MAT, but not here at all.

Are you only taking the 5mg once per day, or do you divide it up into say 1mg x 5 a day? If you're only taking it once a day I'm surprised you even have a dependency anymore. It only has a 2-3 hour half life so that means in less than 24 hrs 95%+ should be out of your body, by 12hrs 85% (educated guess there, but has to be close) is out of you.

I would just try to get some clonidine it's hard to say if an antihistamine / which antihistamine would be beneficial and not exacerbate restless legs.

DO NOT go into medication assisted treatment if you're only taking 5mg of oxycodone a day. I'm very pro-MAT, but not here at all.

Are you only taking the 5mg once per day, or do you divide it up into say 1mg x 5 a day? If you're only taking it once a day I'm surprised you even have a dependency anymore. It only has a 2-3 hour half life so that means in less than 24 hrs 95%+ should be out of your body, by 12hrs 85% (educated guess there, but has to be close) is out of you.

I would just try to get some clonidine it's hard to say if an antihistamine / which antihistamine would be beneficial and not exacerbate restless legs.
Yeah it doesn't last long, but I keep getting hot flashes, excess sweating, insomnia, runny nose, and diarrhea when I try to get off the 5mg. I'm currently on my 3rd day of 2.5mg of oxy (just bought a pill cutter) but it's still hard to get any sleep and feeling restless, hot/cold and sweating too much in the bed. I thought it wouldn't be an issue but I always feel it when I don't take 5 mg in a day, but I have been doing it for a while now.

For the symptoms I'm using diphenhydramine, gabapentin, loperamide and acetaminophen to help me deal with it. I also have a beer today because it helps level out my temperature but haven't drank in months.

I'll see if my doctor can prescribe me some clonidine, but my insurance isn't allowing me to get anything helpful for the withdrawals atm besides the things I can buy otc

I forgot why i started opening them up and dumping them in my mouth but once i did start taking them this i never turned back,they act quickly this way,
does it last as long as if you'd swallow it? mine usually lasts for several hours (4+ hours) once it kicks in 2 hours later. I'm also curious if I could do this with thc edibles instead of eating them

It will be an uncomfortable experience, but I don't think withdrawing from such a relatively low dosage is something you should have a lot of anxiety over. The hot-flashes and minor issues of that nature are pretty much what I would expect. I just want to second, yea, even bringing up Methadone Maintenance in a scenario like this is totally nonsensical.

It will be an uncomfortable experience, but I don't think withdrawing from such a relatively low dosage is something you should have a lot of anxiety over. The hot-flashes and minor issues of that nature are pretty much what I would expect. I just want to second, yea, even bringing up Methadone Maintenance in a scenario like this is totally nonsensical.
yeah I don't plan on doing something like that, I keep trying to get off of the last bit and I need to stop but its hard when I have a good supply left. I keep hearing and seeing people talking about them and I don't think I can trash so many. I was considering just taking 1 a day until they are all gone but was worried about withdrawals but maybe it won't be so bad when the time comes and I'm empty. But I should just quit while I'm ahead. I wanted to try and not take 2.5mg today, I had a plan but all the small things just somehow put another 2.5mg in my hand.

Yeah u can, not As intense but still gonna feel like shit for a week or so.