• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can You Tell the Difference Between LSD and DOx Chemicals?

Blanch

Bluelighter
There is a thread over in ecstasy discussion asking people if they can tell the difference between MDMA and various other RC's. So it got me to thinking, can you tell the difference between LSD and DOI, B, C, ect... and if so how?

-Blanch

Last edited:
The biggest tell for me would be duration. Also, I generally don't take DOx appropriate doses of LSD either, so after taking 5 hits and subsequently tripping wild style, I would undoubtedly know.

I feel more people would be fooled with some half way decent LSA..

I was tricked once by DOB because the trip began at a similar time that an LSD trip would start, and I went to sleep about 11 hours after the trip, so I didn't notice the longer duration.

You can tell because they are completely different drugs with completely different effects.

Lsd is rather unique. Every substance I tripped off, feels way different...

It feels different, and is usually WAYYYY longer (with the exception of DOM I think it is...).

Plus- you'll be able to taste it. And like Nephtys said- LSD has a certain feel to it. IDK how many times youve had it, or ever, but experienced trippers can tell right off the bat.

You can definitely tell the difference, I just recently bought 2 vials that the dude claimed were legit Lucy...took 4 drops (2 hits) and didnt start tripping till 2-3 hours later, the effects were rather boring and dull compared to legit L and I could defintely tell the difference, not to mention I was feeling a latent stimulant effect up to 8-10 hours later. When I confronted this dude he claimed that it was legit and wouldnt admit that hed given me some DOx compound. Is there any legit L going around anymore?

You can definitely tell the difference, I just recently bought 2 vials that the dude claimed were legit Lucy...took 4 drops (2 hits) and didnt start tripping till 2-3 hours later, the effects were rather boring and dull compared to legit L and I could defintely tell the difference, not to mention I was feeling a latent stimulant effect up to 8-10 hours later. When I confronted this dude he claimed that it was legit and wouldnt admit that hed given me some DOx compound. Is there any legit L going around anymore?

That sucks :( If my dealer would give me that, he would return me the money...
I don't get it why there are places they do don't spread legit acid.

If you've taken another substance before, and get sold it later on under the guise of something else, you may be able to recognise. You can also recognise "This isn't LSD", having taken plenty of LSD before. However, if you're asking "How can I tell exactly which drug I took?" - you really can't unless you've tried that particular chemical before and recognise it, psychedelics are all so similar that just by describing certain unique effects of each one wouldn't be enough for you to differentiate and say "Ah that blotter I ate was definitely 25C-NBOMe" just from someone's suggestions/description.

The only real way to tell would be to send off anything in question to a lab for testing.

If this deteriorates into "How can I tell which drug I took?" then this'll be closed as we don't allow substance ID discussion here, but as a "Will I know if I was sold something other than LSD?" topic I think this is cool to remain open for now :)

If you've taken another substance before, and get sold it later on under the guise of something else, you may be able to recognise. You can also recognise "This isn't LSD", having taken plenty of LSD before. However, if you're asking "How can I tell exactly which drug I took?" - you really can't unless you've tried that particular chemical before and recognise it, psychedelics are all so similar that just by describing certain unique effects of each one wouldn't be enough for you to differentiate and say "Ah that blotter I ate was definitely 25C-NBOMe" just from someone's suggestions/description.

The only real way to tell would be to send off anything in question to a lab for testing.

If this deteriorates into "How can I tell which drug I took?" then this'll be closed as we don't allow substance ID discussion here, but as a "Will I know if I was sold something other than LSD?" topic I think this is cool to remain open for now :)

This is true, but Ive eaten clean ass paper before and this felt nothing like that, none of the euphoria and dream like state that L just puts you in, also the visuals were almost non existant...and that was off of 2 hits? People swear that no one will be able to tell the difference, personally I find that a bit insulting.

I'm not a huge LSD consumer due to no stable connect but recently i acquired 5 hits of blotter and dropped one and within 45 minutes i knew it wasnt LSD. tasted bitter so i should of tossed it then, thought it could be ink even though i -think- most real deal people use soy ink on the blotter. I then proceeded to marquis test it ( i got real deal mdma off the guy so wasnt worrying about testing the blotter) and i got an instant green then to a yellow. i believe this is Dox. Yes i can tell the difference between lsd and Dox but no i cant tell the difference between DOC or another Dox at this point in my life.

I'm not a huge LSD consumer due to no stable connect but recently i acquired 5 hits of blotter and dropped one and within 45 minutes i knew it wasnt LSD. tasted bitter so i should of tossed it then, thought it could be ink even though i -think- most real deal people use soy ink on the blotter. I then proceeded to marquis test it ( i got real deal mdma off the guy so wasnt worrying about testing the blotter) and i got an instant green then to a yellow. i believe this is Dox. Yes i can tell the difference between lsd and Dox but no i cant tell the difference between DOC or another Dox at this point in my life.

2Cx also produce a green to yellow dont they? Ive also had this type of paper before, it was extremely bitter to the point I almost gagged.

If you end up wiping your bottom with your bare hand then it's probably LSD.

No there is no legit l around. Im convinced. At least you got drugs for your money.. I keep geeting straight scammed.
Im sour right now. :*(

Yes, yes and yes. Although I don't have extensive experience with DOX's I've had the misfortune of taking blotters that supposedly were LSD but were DOB and the difference was huge. DOB was nothing like acid, it felt like psychedelic speed with a huge ego boost, vascoconstriction, very high HR and blood pressure and a general sense of being irritated. No spirituality, no creative thoughts or inside, just insanely strong visuals. What I like about LSD is the feel of it, when you do a a lot of psychedelics the visual part seems to be less important, at least for me. Of course they are an integral part of a psychedelic trip but only visuals and no depth like DOB feels nothing like LSD does.

I just wanna know if I've ever even experienced lsd lol. Like what if every single time I tripped it was off of a research chemical!!!

Yes, very easily. i've only tried DOC but it was the dirtiest psychedelic outside of LSA i've ever tried.

I've taken both LSD and DOB. DOB lasts longer, is less visual and much more stimulating.

Okay yeah I def took LSD then. Lets just say whoever dosed them was very very generous