• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Can you self medicate with ketamine for anxiety and depression

I'll answer your question, which i interpreted as rhetorical: Yes, my "test group" if anything is myself and friends, along with other anecdotal reports. On the other hand, i didn't claim to be doing scientific research myself. You do realize that right?

You may have noticed there is actual research on the direct antidepressant effects of ketamine. This is what we're really discusing. I didn't make this up. Do you have any research to suggest that medical supervision is necessary? Where do you get your "1 in 1000"? What's your test group? Do you think depressed people are impulsive maniacs? What is OP's question?

No, heroin is not a therapeutic drug like ketamine is. More of a temporary relief. Is this a serious comparison?

Why do you stoop to insulting me, claiming that i have a particular tendency to not answer people's questions, a blatant lie? Are you insecure about your arguments?

No-one has disagreed with you about "sports", dude. No-one has said abuse is therapeutic either.
This is not the first time we talked. You never answer my questions. I figured thats how it goes with you. It was not an insult, i have Aspies i just say things how i see them. Didnt think it was an insult, you just like your own portion of discussion better so im merely decoration to discredit, i dont see a problem with that - if you would only leave me be. I have really tried conveying that i have no desire to speak to you

I am aware of positive studies using Ketamine. Im much more aware of people in depression clinging to anything that helps short term, desperately.

Im done tbh. I came here to help, not to discuss. I said the important bits to OP and ur gonna have a hard time getting me to believe drugs are better than sports and CT. Maybe OP will agree, im not going to. I gave clear reasons why, backed uo by years of exp with hundreds of patients. Do whatever the fuck you want. In this forum its wrong to say "dont rely on drugs" apparently. Bye, pls leave me alone thanks 👏

lots of input on this
i would say that if one takes as needed and keep recreation under control it may help.
but i sould suggest the lowest of doses... know nothing of ket other than what is posted at BL and there is a thread that the continual abuse illustrates the damage that can result.
i would also say that if usage control is an issue do not rely on ket long term. low dose. lowest of doses if you must.
why choose ket? availability or ...?
I much more can agree with a low-dosed approach than Administering high dose Ketamine yourself you got off the streets for therapy...i dont know why that sounds so wrong 😉

Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity though. Yes, 100%, please dont do high dosed self medication under solely your own supervision.
It's so fucking dangerous

yes apparently there is not commonly need for k-hole or "severe intoxication", but I think the hard trip every now and then can deliver some therapeutic effect beyond just that simple neurochemical response. But it is probably best not to do it frequently.

And abuse brings additional issues always. Go too hard and anything is bad.
mhm issue with Ketamine is that while it's promising, there's no telling what long-term effects might be,
they might surface in 10 years or 20. They might bring back the depression 10 fold. In many people the depression comes back right away, about 1 or 2 weeks after treatment starts they get their depression again but much worse.
And there is the issue of people relying on the drug ofc, and the issue of being able to stop. If say you get a "positive afterglow" after taking Ketamine,
you will soon see that it will be harder to be happy without said "afterglow", and ofc in time, that the afterglow becomes weaker,
until you arrive at a point where it does nothing. I've seen all this happen with my own eyes.

I'm glad people try to help by sharing their own experiences, but please, stop making the conclusion from yourself to others. You have no idea what they do, you have no idea if they're on other medication that might interfere or even may be lethal combined with high doses of K, you have no idea of their psychological status, how can you people advise taking this drug in high doses for therapy? I am fucking baffled. And my advice to look for long-term solutions for your body, sports, food, autogenic training, etc. is the most controversial, wtf

Ketamine is usually only used when everything else has been tried and the patient is resistant to other treatment
I'm trying to convey: Try to find another solution before you start killing birds with cannon balls

of what did you make this conclusion that people are 1:1 mirroring their reality?
umm cuz that's what it means to share your own experiences?
Because just because it worked for someone, doesn't mean it's gonna work for someone else,
and because what people are suggesting here can be highly dangerous,
and I don't advocate dangerous therapy methods and I fail to understand why others do.

OK to be fully clear here. The reasons I am advising against this:
- We have no idea if OP is taking any other medication that might interfere
- We have no idea if OP has tried anything else
- Ketamine therapy is used when nothing else worked
- We have no idea of OPs physical condition
- We have no idea if it's going to work at all, and we are aware of dangers this might bring(right?)
- We have no idea how susceptible OP is to addiction (they are on a drug forum)
- It's not a long-term solution

I understand this is not a popular opinion, but I fail to understand how it's the logical conclusion here somehow that drugs make your problems go away. Most here know that drugs tend to create problems, rather than solve them, in the long term. I'm not a fan of any medication, unless there is no other choice. If your leg is missing, you're gonna need a crutch, not if you can still walk. Has OP tried everything else? If they are willing to risk drug treatment, why not use the motivation to do sports, and then use sports to start making your body-own drugs again and dropping the drug? The drug is not the solution here, maybe a stepping stone, but not a solution.

Last edited:
This is not the first time we talked. You never answer my questions. I figured thats how it goes with you. It was not an insult, i have Aspies i just say things how i see them. Didnt think it was an insult, you just like your own portion of discussion better so im merely decoration to discredit, i dont see a problem with that - if you would only leave me be. I have really tried conveying that i have no desire to speak to you

I am aware of positive studies using Ketamine. Im much more aware of people in depression clinging to anything that helps short term, desperately.

Im done tbh. I came here to help, not to discuss. I said the important bits to OP and ur gonna have a hard time getting me to believe drugs are better than sports and CT. Maybe OP will agree, im not going to. I gave clear reasons why, backed uo by years of exp with hundreds of patients. Do whatever the fuck you want. In this forum its wrong to say "dont rely on drugs" apparently. Bye, pls leave me alone thanks 👏

My pleasure dude. You may have to remind me though... I care about statements first hand, not relations.

Wasn't even responding to you in particular to begin with.

I never compared drugs with sports.

EDIT: Was a bit tired and overly nice the other day. Just had a brilliant idea about this! How about ignoring people you dislike instead of replying and whining! How is this my responsibility in any way?

Last edited:
like... what? really I really don't get what?
If I tell about my own experience and further form conclusion: "there is some kind of a chance this does this" it is because OP specifically asked peoples experiences and because there is no much research about unclinical use with therapeutic incentive so thats what I can offer.

Also I could argument "stop making the conclusion from yourself (your reality) to others" applies to you too so I don't really get whats the big deal

Hey everybody, friendly reminder to please leave personal insults out of things. We're here to discuss topics, and everybody has different views on things. This does not necessitate attacking people over it. if you want to argue a point, you can do so without insulting the person you're replying to. Thanks <3

yeah and I am not particularly good mind about what hexagon said with jazz forum comparison it really it stood out in bad way
as long as it is not total bullshit everyone can write here
speech is as free as it can be in the sake of harm reduction and respecting others

While I would love to say yes, ketamine therapy works even if done by yourself, so did I experience the addictive properties of dissociatives by first hand, especially with short acting ketamine I would redose until either running out or being substantially wasted. Self-medication with dissociatives (first DXM, MXE, then K, then deschloroket) worked out for years until a heavy breakout happened to me and I began to use 24/7 and it pretty much destroyed my life (due to shitty decisions made out of an intoxicated brain). Not sure what to recommend to people who can't afford professional K clinics.

so glad OP didn't ask suggestions, I guess they has best chances navigating themself if only offered enough information, they has some first-hand experience already
no one of us is on their pants.

not to say that I would consider it rude to suggest something. Just my thought, I am no sure why I expressed it.

I dont have self control and I dont know how to drink alcohol. All my buddies got alcoholics, so alcohol is bad and must be banned.

I also enter a wines connosieurs forum to scream in every post that alcohol is bad and have to be banned.

Ok, sound logic. Excuse me if I dont read all the text walls and tape into your infinite wisdom, dude.

Of course, you are free to enter and write what you want. That´s a free forum.

If your harm reduction strategy is to say all drugs are bad and you shouldnt consume them, well, good luck getting what you want.

Just respect that I dont take your knowledge that into account and that I dont read what you have to offer.

Idk whether the last comments of @Hexagon Sun and @Pissed_and_messed were replies to what I posted or not but if then I don't understand. I didn't say no, just my 2 cents of personal experience and that Idk what to recommend (everybody's free to ignore recommendations). But I agree to that alcohol should be the first drug to get banned/prohibited because of how much people can't handle it. Based on logic, alcohol and cigarettes should be banned and stuff like K, shrooms available.

yea I kinda get the logic you are describing and while I don't think it is exactly throughly accurate I partially agree.

"And dont listen to flowers that spend its time in pro drugs forums, while they are anti drugs, by the way... I mean, if you dont like jazz, why are you criticizing jazz bands in a jazz forum?"
While that starts o.k. it turns out just missing the point, this is harm reduction forum, not pro-drugs forum. And if flower was wrong, they was wrong in rescepting manner with their main thesis, so your rhetorics do not really make it o.k. to hint them to fuck off. Which that essentially was.

Last edited: