• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can you ride out bupe withdrawal with oxys??

MetalPillZ

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm on day 4 of withdrawal from taking 1mg/day of suboxone for the last 4 months. Before that I was clean for 3 weeks and felt great, but I've been on and off subs and opiates for at least 5-10 years now. Never did subs for more than 6 months at a time tho, and oxys maybe 10-15 5mg pills once a month.

I have 10 oxy 5's with me and was wondering if I can take 1 a day or something like that to get some relief for work and not just prolong my withdrawal from subs.

What I would really like to do is, for the next 10 days take 1 5mg oxy a day till my sub withdrawals are over so I don't have to feel as shitty.
Any answers would truly be appreciated!🙂 thanks

Hi, I'm on day 4 of withdrawal from taking 1mg/day of suboxone for the last 4 months. Before that I was clean for 3 weeks and felt great, but I've been on and off subs and opiates for at least 5-10 years now. Never did subs for more than 6 months at a time tho, and oxys maybe 10-15 5mg pills once a month.

I have 10 oxy 5's with me and was wondering if I can take 1 a day or something like that to get some relief for work and not just prolong my withdrawal from subs.

What I would really like to do is, for the next 10 days take 1 5mg oxy a day till my sub withdrawals are over so I don't have to feel as shitty.
I am kinda in the same situation as you , also using for some months taking doses like 0.25/1mg max range . But i always snort my suboxone , after how long does your withdrawal symptoms come one after your last dose ? And about the oxy , it probally ain't a good idea but i am someone that likes to think out of the box . You don't want a oxy addiction since oxy will be alot more addictive then bupe but if you make sure you only have a small amount to counter some wd of subs in the worst days i dunno it probally works but you have to be iron minded .

I read suboxone withdrawal mostly last about 10 days and afterwards some psychological depression/craving . I also hear lyrica could help and my precious pyrazolam . I am tapering now but i am afraid i will get horrible empty and depressed after about a week . And i absolutely don't want to trade for a benzo addiction or anything. I trade a suboxone (minor) wd anyday over a benzo withdrawal .

It will just drag out the process unfortunately, I don't recommend it.
Me neither actually but only if its timed on the most awefull moments in a tiny amount maybe ? Or i am totally wrong i don't know .

WTF?

You're on subs to mitigate the withdrawal from other opiates?

Why would you even consider taking oxies?

WTF?

You're on subs to mitigate the withdrawal from other opiates?

Why would you even consider taking oxies?
I'm not addicted to oxys, well I was but now I just take them if they come around. I actually prefer subs and even when I got through my other withdrawals from subs I never went to any more than around 10 5mgs of oxys a month, not enough to withdrawal.
I guess I should explain better, sorry. I used to be addicted to oxys/roxies/and percs, but about 5 years ago I got off them cold turkey. Really sucked! I was doing 60mgs + of roxies a day for months. After I quit and recovered from withdrawal I would only use 10 5mg oxy oc's a month... sometimes 6, but never more than 15 of the 5mg oxys. Around the same time I started taking subs, I had to withdrawal from them every 6 months for UA's.
But I finally want to be done with subs for good and just go back to doing less than 10- 5mg oxys a month if i need one for pain. Sometimes I don't do any, i'm in control of them is what I'm getting at, and never got on subs because of oxy withdrawal. It was all just recreational for me.

It will just drag out the process unfortunately, I don't recommend it.
Sorry could you explain a bit more? Is it kind of like, if I take a (1) 5mg today it would take my withdrawal timeline from the sub back a day? Or back to day 1?
I'm in the worst of it right now and I know I only have a day or 2 left of feeling like this but when would I actually be able to take an oxy where it won't effect my sub withdrawal? Thanks🙂

He means taking a little oxy in the worst moments of sub wd.
Yes, and also I am on k-pin 1mg/day. Been on them for 10+years now.
If you're taking right around 1mg of subs/day before you jump off, it isn't so bad.

At about 7 days most physical symptoms are gone, about 12 days I usually feel close to normal and the insomnia lets up a bit. At about 20 days I feel like I've never taken them. Except for the cravings, they are still there for around a month.

Can you not get hold of kratom?

That’d be a better option but still be prolonging.

Can you not get hold of kratom?

That’d be a better option but still be prolonging.
I'm not sure, never really looked into it. Do you know how long till I can take full agonist opiates again without going into withdrawal? I'm in the middle of day 4 with no subs

You can take full agonists right now.

I’ve seen people take H and other full agonists 12 hours after bup’ but say that they don’t feel them as much but you’ll be fine and feel them fully.

You can take full agonists right now.

I’ve seen people take H and other full agonists 12 hours after bup’ but say that they don’t feel them as much but you’ll be fine and feel them fully.
I understand. What I don't understand is how this could effect my withdrawal from subs. Like will I still be in withdrawl after taking 1 oxy a day for 4 days till the worst of my withdrawal symptoms are over? Say I take an oxy today, then tomorrow, and so on till day 10 of sub withdrawal. Then I stop taking oxys, will my sub withdrawal be on day 10? Or does it start over? Wasn't sure what everyone means by "prolonging it".

I'm sorry, I just wanna take an oxy for relief from my sub withdrawal without screwing it up. Thanks

Yeh, I get that. But it's like asking if you can take heroin to negate methadone withdrawal.

Yes, you can. But it kind of defeats the object...
Yes i totally agree , but if you would make sure only have a couple and can't get anymore then it would help temperoraly ease wd . But only if you had strictly a tiny amount without being able to get more .

Yes i totally agree , but if you would make sure only have a couple and can't get anymore then it would help temperoraly ease wd . But only if you had strictly a tiny amount without being able to get more .
I only have 10 and took 1 today. Didn't get the euphoric feeling but it is only a 5mg and I'm only looking to get thru the sub withdrawals.

Tomorrow I will take one, then Tuesday 1 more and then I'll probably wait for 5 or so days to see if I'm fully out of withdrawal

I think what everyone are trying to tell you is that as an on and off opiod addict you might get on the on side again by taking oxy.

And while oxy will help you for the next 9 days if you continue to take one per day, you wont just wake up on day 10 and feel fantastic, you’ll feel exactly as you would on day 10 without bupe anyway, possibly even worse.

I only have 10 and took 1 today. Didn't get the euphoric feeling but it is only a 5mg and I'm only looking to get thru the sub withdrawals.

Tomorrow I will take one, then Tuesday 1 more and then I'll probably wait for 5 or so days to see if I'm fully out of withdrawal
What withdrawal symptoms do you notice and after how long did they start after taking the last dose ?

I think what everyone are trying to tell you is that as an on and off opiod addict you might get on the on side again by taking oxy.

And while oxy will help you for the next 9 days if you continue to take one per day, you wont just wake up on day 10 and feel fantastic, you’ll feel exactly as you would on day 10 without bupe anyway, possibly even worse.
This .. if this is the case i would definitely not do that . However are you sure its the case ? Like i was heavily addicted to ghb which comes from the gaba b receptor . I could perfectly fill it up with baclofen without any dependancy or rebound from it while at first i thought i would make things worse because i alrdy was gaba b receptor dependant . Well in the end the opposite appeared to be true so .