• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can you overdose on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds (LSA)?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I've only ever done it once so far (just took some but it hasn't kicked in yet so it'll be twice), so I haven't really gone to high doses yet. I have some abilify (which kills LSA trips) for in case I have a bad trip and want it to end though, so in the future I'll probably try some pretty high doses. I have anti nausea pills too that I take with it, which help a lot. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to fatally or non-fatally overdose on it, and what the effects of a non-fatal overdose are. Thanks

Yes. It's possible to overdose on anything. As far as the effects, I'm unsure. Maybe Google or another poster can help you out...

Oh man, I can tell you about it from experience. I took 20 seeds once and the vasoconstriction made all of my limbs burn. I felt as if my heart was beating ridiculously slow, my hands and feet were tingling, it was as if I was constantly on the verge of fainting. There were great surges of euphoria and that was the only trip that I ever got a genuine kaleidoscope on. I completely lost my ability to rationalize, I had the memory of a goldfish and I was convinced I was dying. I went down to the basement to listen to music and suddenly, a light ray in the corner of the room started spinning in a circle around the room incredibly quickly, which gave me the impression I was in a dome. Then I saw these gray entities that looked like they were made of slime or clay. They had sunken in eye sockets and they rose out of the ground in a strangely gloopy way and started walking towards me. I ran upstairs into the light and I was fine. But that trip made me so incredibly confused in such a strange way... I was baffled that any human being could have the faith to participate in life, not knowing if any of this was even real. I felt that it took so much faith that existence is real just to simply comply with the rules of life, that I didn't understand how anyone survived in today's world.

You cannot fatally overdose on HBWR.

Here's a good trip report of a HBWR overdose :

Oh man, I can tell you about it from experience. I took 20 seeds once and the vasoconstriction made all of my limbs burn. I felt as if my heart was beating ridiculously slow, my hands and feet were tingling, it was as if I was constantly on the verge of fainting. There were great surges of euphoria and that was the only trip that I ever got a genuine kaleidoscope on. I completely lost my ability to rationalize, I had the memory of a goldfish and I was convinced I was dying. I went down to the basement to listen to music and suddenly, a light ray in the corner of the room started spinning in a circle around the room incredibly quickly, which gave me the impression I was in a dome. Then I saw these gray entities that looked like they were made of slime or clay. They had sunken in eye sockets and they rose out of the ground in a strangely gloopy way and started walking towards me. I ran upstairs into the light and I was fine. But that trip made me so incredibly confused in such a strange way... I was baffled that any human being could have the faith to participate in life, not knowing if any of this was even real. I felt that it took so much faith that existence is real just to simply comply with the rules of life, that I didn't understand how anyone survived in today's world.

You cannot fatally overdose on HBWR.

Here's a good trip report of a HBWR overdose :

Like basically ALL drugs if you take enough that your body cannot proccess it then you will have health problems possibly resulting in death so YES these seeds CAN kill you at a high enough dose!
Even THC has an LD50 and if you even drink enough water it can kill you (it's called water toxicity).
So please stop spready the myth the x drug cannot have a lethal dose. Basically everything does though some have a much higher LD50 than others.

From wikipidea regarding water intoxication:

Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time.

Like basically ALL drugs if you take enough that your body cannot proccess it then you will have health problems possibly resulting in death so YES these seeds CAN kill you at a high enough dose!
Even THC has an LD50 and if you even drink enough water it can kill you (it's called water toxicity).
So please stop spready the myth the x drug cannot have a lethal dose. Basically everything does though some have a much higher LD50 than others.

Fine. There has never been a RECORDED death from HBWR seeds.

My first run with HBWR seeds was 50 plump viable seeds, ground to powder.
It was the single most intense trip of my life...more than any LSD, DMT, DOC, ANYTHING since then.
I won't go into detail, but that trip would, by some be considered an OD. And wa by me at the time. In retrospect though, it was the perfect dose...lifechanging. I must have good circulation because I have never felt any vasoconstriction on HBWR and i have done hundreds of seeds over the past 4 years.

Hmmm.... I'm tempted to enjoy another LSA experience. Been a while since my first and only experience (with morning glory seeds, though) -- but it was pretty awesome. But the more prudent part of me says to spend the money on some ALD-52, which has become available to me.

^Seeds are not expensive. Why not get both? You can get a good amount of HBWR seeds for 10USD

Even if you aren't physically harmed, overdoses of psychedelics can do a good deal of psychological damage. Why not just take it slow and work your way up to a high, but comfortably high dose. I say this because even if your body is fine, when you take too much of a relatively unfamiliar substance, especially a psychedelic, you sure can feel like you're dying. If you're already very experienced with psychedelics in general, you can disregard what I'm saying. But if not, just be careful out "there". :)

Hmmm.... I'm tempted to enjoy another LSA experience. Been a while since my first and only experience (with morning glory seeds, though) -- but it was pretty awesome. But the more prudent part of me says to spend the money on some ALD-52, which has become available to me.

^Seeds are not expensive. Why not get both? You can get a good amount of HBWR seeds for 10USD

I agree, HBWR seeds are far under rated, IMO. What seemed to make a huge difference was freshness and viability. I got where I would shell my seeds, at least partially, to make sure they were plump and viable. Then I'd just throw them (shells and all) into a grinder put them in 000 caps and that was it...down the hatch.
There is evidently a great deal of difference in alkaloid content between seed sources and even between seeds. The ones I was getting were picked the same season as when they were sold...purportedly anyway, and they were...VERY STRONG.
I get tons of crap from some people when I tell them my strongest/best/worst trip EVER was from HBWR seeds...some people just won't listen.
Nausea was almost a problem a time or two though, but some BHO cured that and now that I know about Ondansetron I think I'll buy a few seeds if that vendor is still around.

Even if you aren't physically harmed, overdoses of psychedelics can do a good deal of psychological damage. Why not just take it slow and work your way up to a high, but comfortably high dose. I say this because even if your body is fine, when you take too much of a relatively unfamiliar substance, especially a psychedelic, you sure can feel like you're dying. If you're already very experienced with psychedelics in general, you can disregard what I'm saying. But if not, just be careful out "there". :)

The reason is probably cause once you take a dose if it's underwhelming it's going to be a bit before your tolerance diminishes to a point that you can take try again, but still this advice is worth following.

I tripped on HBWR seeds two or three times 10 years ago, the were ground into a powder, and put into half empty water bottles and shook for a bit, refrigerated overnight I believe and then consumed. Worked quite well. Don't remember the number taken.

Any drug that causes vasoconstriction like that Could definetly kill you if taken in too high a dose. I love HBWR and probably tripped on them 10 times around 10-15 seeds each. Towards the end of my trials on the last trip i can feel the physical tightening when i would bend my legs and became bed ridden for the remainder of the trip.

But like i said they are an AMAZING psychedelic. I had one of my three ++++ experiences on a 12 seed dose many moons ago. One of if not the most profound experiences of my entire life. The afterglow lasted a week and in the coming month I produced some of the best artwork i ever have.

Just because nobody has died from them yet purportedly doesn't mean it can't happen. In the spirit of harm reduction test your seeds in low doses to cuz he potency before taking something heroic. No need to dive off the deep end blindly.

Last edited:
Any drug that causes vasoconstriction like that Could definetly kill you if taken in too high a dose. I love HBWR and probably tripped on them 10 times around 10-15 seeds each. Towards the end of my trials on the last trip i can feel the physical tightening when i would bend my legs and became bed ridden for the remainder of the trip.

But like i said they are an AMAZING psychedelic. I had one of my three ++++ experiences on a 12 seed dose many years ago. One of if not the most profound experiences of my entire life. The afterglow lasted a week and in the coming month I produced some of the best artwork i ever have.

Just because nobody has died from them yet purportedly doesn't mean it can't happen. In the spirit of harm reduction test your seeds in low doses to cuz he potency before taking something heroic. No need to dive off the deepens blindly.

My story is very similar! I'd like to see your artwork, please.

These were done with the aid of various psychedelics, sadly i haven't updated it in a number of years. I really need to start drawing again, just so busy with work these days.

https://www.deviantart.com/peacefarmer

Don't want to derail this thread, you can PM me if you would like to talk about art and the psychedelic experience :)