• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can you help us figure out what the heck we are taking?

riverhaven

Bluelighter
I tried posting about this on "other drugs" forum and I didn't get the kind of responses I was looking for. A buddy thought that the wizards on this forum would be a more appropriate group to pose our mystery to. We'd really like your assistance and suggestions, please.

A bit of background on me-- I am a retired anesthesiologist-- yes retired thanks to an IV fentanyl addiction a little over a decade ago. I floundered around for years and I found kratom. Then I found kratom extracts-- these are made in the lab, so you basically come out with just the alkaloids in the plain kratom leaf, concentrated. It is HIGHLY addicting and the withdrawals off the extracts is much worse than I experienced on IV fentanyl. So, like all good addicts, kratom addicts look for an easy way out of withdrawals and we had the chinese formula brought to the attention of the kratom message boards. The website is NO SOURCES - nuke. It alleges to be the aide to any kind of opiate addiction, including heroin. The list of ingredients is a bunch of chinese herbs, some of which are narcotic-like and some are pretty good mimics of kratom itself. The owner of the website though is afraid of anyone stealing his formula, so he personally told me he left out the key ingredients. Great.... so what the heck are we taking?? In the meantime, one of our members got a urine test while on this CF and it was positive for methadone and demerol-- but it was the older version of the CF-- the new version was supposedly taken to a lab and is certified to not have any controlled substances in it. Right....

Here are your clues-- I will try to keep my own bias out of this, as I did take this stuff and I have some pretty good ideas of what is in it. I'd really like to hear what you guys think it is. The important thing to me is-- gosh, if there was a pill that cut out all narcotic withdrawals-- what an awesome thing! You could lower the tolerance of chronic pain patients... you could go thru detox at home, on your own... just a million things go thru my mind about how great this would be. If only it is what it says-- a non-addictive, non-narcotic herbal remedy for opiate withdrawals.

You are instructed to take the pill within a couple of hours of when you expect to start withdrawing as the pill takes a long time to become active. However, this also tells me it can't have a big dose of naltrexone in it as that would throw us all into horrible withdrawals. Sure enough, if you take at least two capsules-- you get NO withdrawals at all. Kind of nice. The side effects are a racing heart ( caffeine is in the pills for some reason), a bit of a dry mouth and for some people, a lot of lethargy, for others it is actually energizing. We can't figure that one out at all-- nor can we seem to predict, based on what sort of kratom addiction you have, whether you will have lethargy or not.

One of our addicts is also a chronic pain patient who must take oxycodones. Her concern has been her ever increasing tolerance to her necessary oxys. The CF actually seemed to potentiate the analgesia she got out of her oxys and so she reduced her daily dose by a lot. However, when she stopped the CF-- she needed the exact same amount of oxys as before she tried the CF-- and it was over a week that she spent on the lower dose oxys with CF.

Those of us who are typical addicts and decided we wanted off kratom, only to undecide that a day later found that the CF made it so we got some of the effects of kratom- the energy and the pain relief, but none of us can get high anymore on it. When I put together the potentiation of the oxys and the inability to get high on our kratom-- I see ultra low dose naltrexone. Indeed- my own experiment with drinking, showed me I don't get high from that either. I've taken nal before and both times it made my desire to drink go up-- it's up now. You have to stop the CF for at least 4-5 days before you can get high on anything again.

Those of us who became addicts thanks to chronic pain do get a bit of relief on the CF-- but not enough to overcome the reason we went looking for kratom in the first place. If there is a narcotic in it-- it's not in sufficient quantity to block a lot of pain fibers. Also, it doesn't give you the warm fuzzies of taking an opiate.

A big concern in our group is just trading addictions. Quite a few of us found kratom to get us off suboxone that we got put on for an even more serious narcotic addiction. We've done the trade opiates route to get off them and we know it doesn't work. It was pretty dismaying to hear the old formula had methadone in it-- who wants to get hooked to methadone? And to get hooked with no warning?? We are tired of trading narcotic addictions. You'd be surprised how many sub addicts are now kratom addicts-- just to get off the supposedly easy to get off sub...

Is the CF in itself addicting-- it seems so. People have a lot of trouble coming off it-- they particularly can't sleep, they are on edge and even get some typical narcotic withdrawal symptoms like tearing, yawning, RLS etc. However, coming off it is way easier than coming off kratom extracts-- and that's why we are in the boat we are in. It's also not constipating, indeed it has very few GI side effects at all. The big thing for most people is the speedy feeling you get when you take more than two capsules at a time.

I'd love to say we have discovered the antidote to opiate addiction and that it would help everyone out there like the website says. It was sure nice to not have to take my kratom for the past couple of weeks and have no withdrawals. LOL but what am I addicted to now is the question? From the clues I have given you guys-- can you hazard any educated guesses? Have any of you actually tried this stuff, or know someone who did??

Please ask me any questions you need to help us figure this conundrum out. I realize that on Bluelight kratom addiction seems like a pissant addiction-- but to those of us struggling to live with it, it's hard... just as hard as any prescription narcotic addiction. We are the attempting to be functional addicts-- we have families and jobs, people don't even realize most of us use and use daily LOL... We'd like to keep it that way!! Like any other narcotic, kratom eventually depletes your bank account and turns you into a walking zombie living from dose to dose, just so you don't go into withdrawals...

Thanks a bunch!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed.

There is no way anyone could say what is in this formula without having it tested. Any answers you might get here would be pure speculation, and thus, worthless.

I have heard of this Chinese formula, and also heard how the original formula tested positive for methadone....that concerns me. But if you actually want speculation, here is mine:

Considering that the original formula contained methadone, I think you can assume that the maker of this formula has no problem with secretly slipping a narcotic into his supposed "herbal" formula. Since this is the case, my guess is that the manfacturer has simply changed to a different synthetic opioid. There are literally hundreds of synthetic opioids out there, and since he already tried methadone and was caught, doesn't it make sense that he would simply switch to another sythetic opioid?

Again, this is just speculation, and if you are really that concerned (which you should be) you and your group should pool some money together and get this formula tested. DG

Mesembrine from sceletium tortuosum a.k.a. Kanna/Channa?
Aminoguanidine?

And with that I am all out of ideas.

the very odd thing about this manufacturer is that the formula is changed as soon as analysis or drug testing shows a positive. it also has an ingredient list of mixture of random herbs...where have we seen this before???

as for the current analysis the manufacturer had done by drug aware limited.......those guys couldn't find their arse with both hands. additionally the material was obviously supplied by the manufacturer/distributor directly to the analytical lab. however there is a truly great quote
As promised we have obtained a certificate from a leading forensic laboratory in UK confirming that our product is free of all controlled substances and/or even Kratom.

There have been rumours about our product containing all sorts of illegal substances including methamphetamine, methaqualone (Quaalude), and/or even methadone.

As a robust confutation to such accusations we have obtained the attached document from Drug Aware Limited, whom you may wish to contact to seek independent confirmation.

Anticipating the sceptics’ objections we hope to arrange for testing of a pool of samples sent by you the clients for which we will pay the cost.

This is how it works: We will announce a dead line of say in three months time until which date you can send a sample of the capsules that you have ordered from us to Drug Aware Limited (or a lab nominated in US) who will after the dead line test the collected pool of capsules to confirm that none of them contain any controlled substances or Kratom. However if there is anything found, it will be traced back to the senders of those samples who for reasons only known to themselves have contaminated their sample(s).

this smells wrong, if you are UK based talk to the Medicines regulator, MHRA

Last edited:
lol....yes agreed, it is most certainly not ibogaine.

As for the suggestion that the active might be mesembrine/kanna, I don't see why this would be a likely candidate. I suppose its possible that kanna was thrown into this formula as one of the many herbs, but as far as i know, neither kanna or its alkaloids, have any sort of activity which should alleviate opioid withdrawal.

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that this "Chinese formula", is simply a bunch of random herbs with some sort of synthetic opioid added. When you consider that this original formula contained methadone, and then suddenly a new formula is released that works just as well as the one containing methadone....its hard to imagine that they did not simply swap out the methadone for a different opioid.

Even if you set aside the fact that the this formula has a history of secretly adding methadone to their formula, I would still suspect that something that works SO well (nearly all reports I've read indicate that this formula completely alleviates all forms of opioid withdrawal), would almost certainly contain an opioid. It's really hard for me to believe that a blend of herbs (aside from kratom) would be able to completely attenuate opioid withdrawal. Any other thoughts on this?-DG

A competitive mu/kappa agonist? Test it on someone who took methadone less than 36 hours prior, then (after 2 hours) administer buprenorphine. As a control, administer just buprenorphine to someone who's beginning to withdraw from methadone.

Naltrexone has never caused me to go into precipitated withdrawal.

Last edited:
I actually have paid to have it analyzed by GC at a lab down in Hialeah FL. I am interested enough in this that it's worth it to me to do that.

Sorry for not replying earlier-- I was on jury duty today LOL.

I had not heard of kanna-- thanks for that post and I'll be researching that tonight.

You guys are great and thank so much for the replies. This is exactly what I was looking for. The lab I sent the stuff to will take 4-5 weeks to process it and our board has multiple people on this stuff, trying this stuff and wanting to try it-- so patience is thin. Everyone wants to know what it is, why it works soooo well. Because that's it-- it really does work. You have NO withdrawal symptoms at all.

Again- thanks so much and I look forward to any other replies. I promise to keep you all posted on what the lab tests reveal. It is an interesting mystery to say the least!!!

"In the meantime, one of our members got a urine test while on this CF and it was positive for methadone and demerol-- but it was the older version of the CF-- the new version was supposedly taken to a lab and is certified to not have any controlled substances in it. Right...."

while y'all are waiting for the lab, why don't you pick up a urine test kit and test someone who's taken the "new" version.
idk jack shit but it sounds like the website owner is "guarding" his own ass cuz his new secret formula has opiates in it, just like the old version did.

I trust a lab with a simple name like applied consumer labs and a guy with a Phd who contacted me. I dunno-- but that's the best offer I got nationwide here. I was looking only for legitmate labs with legit chemists-- not something recommended by someone dealing anything. It took a lot of looking to find a legit lab to test this thing....I am convinced I have a legit lab. Really, I am...

I am on the new formula and I did take several urine tests-- I test negative.. I was never on the original formula- so I don't know for sure if the methadone reports were true or not. I can tell you that I tested for methadone and it was negative.

Any other questions or suggestions?? I am open...

Retired anesthesiologist? Not convinced.

If you still have your license, it would be easy to get an analysis (its easy to get one without license)...

As for the suggestion that the active might be mesembrine/kanna, I don't see why this would be a likely candidate. I suppose its possible that kanna was thrown into this formula as one of the many herbs, but as far as i know, neither kanna or its alkaloids, have any sort of activity which should alleviate opioid withdrawal.

Phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitors supposedly enhance the analgesic effects of opioids and slow the development of tolerance.

But there's a good chance that they would trigger withdrawal symptoms, since the mu opioid receptor binds to Gi and reduces cAMP levels. Although the delta opioid receptor perhaps binds to Gs increasing cAMP? The KOR almost certainly binds Gs... I haven't actually looked into these things as you can tell.

I didn't say it was likely, just that it was all I could think of.

As for aminoguanidine, it's a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor and those have been shown to be useful at least for the purposes of slowing the development of tolerance. I don't know whether they could reverse tolerance, though.

I trust a lab with a simple name like applied consumer labs and a guy with a Phd who contacted me. I dunno-- but that's the best offer I got nationwide here. I was looking only for legitmate labs with legit chemists-- not something recommended by someone dealing anything. It took a lot of looking to find a legit lab to test this thing....I am convinced I have a legit lab. Really, I am...

No worries. Sort of an inside joke for those familiar with Hialeah. It and Little Havana are in competition for the title of fraud capital of the US. Wheelchairs to corpses, home insulin service for people without diabetes, bunk meds dispatched to patients paid to fill the scripts, ex-cons seeing 150 patients a day, busloads of professional patients shuttled to psychotherapy in the morning and physical therapy in the afternoon (7 days a week), feds and DAs resigning from their jobs to work for the people they were investigating, Cuban immigrants rafting onto shore one day, setting up a clinic the next day and buying a Cayenne within a week, etc, etc: all run by the Santeros (fiction doesn't get this weird). But I guess a lab is probably legit since they have nothing to do with insurance. If your PhD has any kind of health-related certification then his info will show up on this website.

Good luck and post an update if you can.

edit: Very interesting website, the lab's. I wonder if they could use an intern.

Last edited:
what happens when people who are NOT habituated to mu agonists take it? meaning, do they get high? or is it just those with physical addictions stay "well"?

what happens when people who are NOT habituated to mu agonists take it? meaning, do they get high? or is it just those with physical addictions stay "well"?

Good question. If indeed this product contains some sort of mu agonist, then those who are not habituated to opioid, should indeed feel a "high", if such a person were not to experience a high, then I would find it hard to believe that this product contains a mu agonist.