• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can you get a smokers cough for smoking marijuana on a daily basis for years?

Of course it can.

Not as severe, but vaping can and has caused me a cough as well (check out this recent finding on E-Cigs).

Smoke and/or vapor is not good for the lungs.

Of course it can.

Not as severe, but vaping can and has caused me a cough as well (check out this recent finding on E-Cigs).

Smoke and/or vapor is not good for the lungs.

vape more potent weed and change the settings.
I vape frequently and have never experienced this, my cough went away 6 months after i quit smoking weed and then i started vaping.
and it never returned.
Vapes are so safe they are recommended for cancer patients on medicinal cannabis.

i cough like a bitch when i vape. I have the solo and i find myself almost puke coughing sometimes. Worse than coughing with a bong toke in your lungs i find...

right now i have a persisting cough. but it's been going around so i don't think it's smoke related.

I also have a solo and hardly ever cough. I also have an Extreme Q which is easier to draw on because it is fan forced.

I hardly cough at all from my vapes and (as I said) after 15 months now of no bongs or tobacco I have no cough and hardly ever cough up black crap.

The best thing about that i fucking love science article is the comments after it.

I smoke 1 to 4 grams daily, rarely more heavily than that. I've never developed a smokers cough after 6 or 7 years of daily smoking like this. I used to smoke cigarettes for about 10 years and even at my young age, 23 at the time, I coughed like an old man every morning and hacked up yellow and brown phlegm.

But one of the test mentioned above that proved marijuana to contain more tar than tobacco I think wasn't very accurate. In the experiment iirc they burned the entire weed plant and got their 4x tar as tobacco results. Sadly, well at least for me, I do not smoke long leaves, stems or seeds... just Al Green. SO I won't consider that study in terms of tar content until they test it as per modern day smoker.

Not to bust your balls, but any info on that? Even if it were the case, stems and other plant matter are used in commercial cigarette production, so that could actually be more "apples to apples".

Here is abstract of a study done in part by the same doctor mentioned in the SA article, where they found that:
As compared with smoking tobacco, smoking marijuana was associated with a nearly fivefold greater increment in the blood carboxyhemoglobin level, an approximately threefold increase in the amount of tar inhaled, and retention in the respiratory tract of one third more inhaled tar

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3340105

I've always heard pot has more tar because it's burnt green instead of dried brown then burnt. But the same people who told me this are the same that told me pot is a gateway drug so, meh.

I've always heard pot has more tar because it's burnt green instead of dried brown then burnt. But the same people who told me this are the same that told me pot is a gateway drug so, meh.

Cannabis smoke as compared to tobacco smoke has a much bigger particulate matter, thus more likely to cause irritation in the upper respiratory system. Tobacco smoke has a finer particulate matter and will clog the lower lung and the cilium making it harder to breath.

Honestly tho, I've been smoking about the same for about the same amount of time.. probably more like 2-7 grams a day, and I have a cough. It's not constant all day but it definitely is worse on some days compared to others. I'm surprised you don't have one yet. One thing to keep in mind as well is that at your age, 23, you lungs are functioning as best as they probably will for the rest of your life, especially if you continue your habit into your later years. I've heard males on average will continue to develop lung capacity until around the age of 30... but I don't know if they are as good at cleaning and repairing themselves as a pubescent body is.

Not trying to lecture you... hope it didn't come off like that i'm 25 myself and have very similar habits. I just say something because personally I never noticed how bad my lungs were from all the smoking until I wasn't constantly smoking. If you wake and bake every day and then continue the habit throughout the day like I did, you probably don't ever give your lungs a chance to start to clean themselves out which is what a chronic cough is basically. I know for myself, the longer I go without smoking the bigger chunks I cough up... pretty gross lol

^ I think it's creepy that you know my age. Is that on my profile?

The OP is for a 31yr old male.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments, opinions, and studies!

^ Are you 'Gothraidh'? Because that is who Mafioso quoted, and if you read a couple of posts up Gothraidh mentions something about 23. What is so creepy?

smoked a bowl or two a day as an active, otherwise-healthy 30 year old male, and had a noticeable cough (especially in the morning and after smoking). switched to vaping and it completely went away.

yes.

I dont smoke anything other than pot, and when I smoke heavily I develop a persistent smokers cough.

Switching to vape and dabs, and the occasional joint (6 this year) has virtually eliminated the cough for me.

Also only smoke weed (never tobbacco ever, on its own or mixed with weed cos pointless).

Don't have a cough but I I cough up black shit sometimes - tar-like mucous.

Salutations everyone,

...what to do to remedy this or improve conditions?

I'm an ex-smoker who converted to vaporism after a long abstinence pause. 4 years ago i got my initiation using the HerbalAire but i only got a glimpse at the St-Gräal recently: for all practical purposes an electrical vaporizer lacks water vapor not only in its cannabic stream but also in its fresh-air inlet! That's an opinion acquired after comparing the HA with my modded VaporGenie pipe where butane transforms into heat + CO2 + H2O and i believe water provides more energy density than dry air, unless i'd be mistaking. Which to me implies that simple (and yet utterly expensive) hot-air machines may not thermalize the precious trichromes as deeply/quickly as hot gasses generated by burning butane.

In the end i've come to the conclusion that water must be added as inlet conditioning ideally! You see my HA causes me ridiculous discomfort while the pipe doesn't give me that much agravation at all, because of its inlet self-humidified cannabic stream exactly. In addition electrical machines are typically slow while a fire-operated VG pipe catches what i figure must be like super-hot water vapor mixed with carbon dioxide and air, essentially (e.g. including 15 ~ 30 ppm of comet dust)... So in my opinion vaporism in only emerging from the dark ages while it could so much better, inclusively instead of serving just the lucky guys who don't cough hard - yet.

Personally i consider that smoke is no option and dry air can't help everyone, but hot gasses - if possible without CO2 and other extra stuff - euh... In the future magnetic induction power will have the potential to bring us closer to some spontaneous aspects of a former smoker habit, though without the smoke: plenty of thermostatic on-demand/in-situ energy (via Curie-alloy effect) to power multiple bowls on 1 IH coil (or maybe 2): 1 IH heater for a water boiler/evaporator, 1 more for pre-heating and perhaps a 3rd/last one to inject some nice heat burst, for single/generous tokes. Cigarette style... Which i find to be an even better scenario than cigarettes continuing to burn between inhalations (think economic!), etc...

So to conclude i'm just saying in comparison the electric devices don't really compete in the eye of an ex-smoker like me while the existing market holds us back it seems. E.G. "business as usual", or don't hold your breath i'd say!

8)

Well you may witness the situation improve suitably if you happen to have a long life expectancy. Good luck, have fun!

=D