• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you become a full on addict from snorting heroin alone?

The only downside is see to IV use, and I've done it, a lot, is the hygienic fathat. You've gotta stay sterile and that's easier if ya got money, a home, etc but on the street not so much.
All for the nod...

Real true dopefiens dont care much for their hygienic factor, thus leading to diseases, abcesses, and Hep C. I do agree with you though having your own house is alottttttt different then living on the streets of the hood. But even if you have a house, and money if you dont use sterile and clean needles and dont cook your dope you subject yourself to all that cut, but idk where your from and what kind of dope your getting or used to, I was getting high-grade eastcoast H. I used to be a big-time H addict, and was not very sterile, i never shared needles every use, but i have re-used needles so long the numbers were worn off and the plunger would barely move through the barrel
Lol. But omg thankfully I never contracted any disease, they tested me when I got put on suboxone N8 Films, man I was so worried when I had to wait for the test results lol but thankfully Im completely clean, and so is my wife. Thank Goodness forreal!!!!!!

Been clean from H for almost 2years now. Of course walking with my crutch (suboxone) but hopefully Ill be off that shit soon, I usually take about2-3mgs in the a.m and 2mgs @night so about 4-5mgs a day. Is there anyone out there that can type up a very good withdrawal schedule for me, and/or reference me to a site/link much appreciated, I want off the sub ....

peace.

This has been answered numerous times, I suggest you look at the should I try heroin megathread.

But listen coming from an ex heroin addict now on buprenorphine maintenance, snorting is not even worth it and you will eventually 100% get on the needle and live a life basically what hell is like daily, including all the fu ked up shit you end up doing, or causing, or ending up. Just for a fix, I remember my first Vicodin and I can also remember my first H experience evertime you begin to use and or abuse an opiate/opiod the deeper you get until one day you and your own momma wont reconize nor like you!!!! Heroin is very bad and the most famous line is o well just do it once, that statement and then acting on it will bring you nothing but problems, jail, and eventually death. H is horrible and doesnt just cause epidemics by chance. ....
ACTUALLY he might switch to smoking and not inject at all i know a lot of smokers

Yes. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, and don't delude yourself into believing that just because you use a certain ROA or route of administration of opiates that you will not become addicted to them, or that you can't overdose and die this way. Stay safe.

I never IV'd heroin, always snorted. Really there's no difference between ROAs; shooting up makes overdose riskier but I've overdosed just by snorting. I was only fucking with dope for a year, I imagine I would have eventually shot it if I was out there longer.

You can become a full on addict no matter what route of administration u use. Please be careful, because the road you are walking is very dangerous. One minute youll be a functioning addict to someone in big financial debt, and an opioid dependence that is harder to quit than smoking tobacco

^cleric.. first of all your avatar.. Fucking love Alice in Chains, especially the dirt album! That's gotta be my favorite AIC album there! Every song is pure gold.. Secondly I am going to have to disagree that every ROA with heroin has no difference.. If you haven't shot it, then you cant possibly know! Not trying to be an asshole, just sayin... Snorting dope and shooting dope is completely different! There is no better ROA to do heroin than IV, but it is also the worst way to do it at the same time, as far as health is concerned, also OD potential, I would always sniff a little test bump of H if it was ECP and always smoke a little tester dot off foil if it was tar when I would get it, because if you just throw it in the spoon/cooker and slam it, without knowing how potent exactly it is, you can easily kill yourself if its way stronger than what you normally do, by doing the same size shot you always do of average shit, if its super good, more pure shit! Or these days if its laced with fentanyl. All of you all who slam H, and don't test it first, I would recommend doing so.. I have lost too many friends from that exact problem.. they never wanted to waste even just like 10-20mg of their G to sniff/smoke a little bit and test it, just wanted to throw it in the rig off rip and bang! Be fucking careful everyone! test your shit!

ACTUALLY he might switch to smoking and not inject at all i know a lot of smokers

It does NOT matter the ROA of heroin use ... eventually tolerance developes, and not too long after that addiction. As I said before there is a reason this shit causes epidemics flat out!

I never IV'd heroin, always snorted. Really there's no difference between ROAs; shooting up makes overdose riskier but I've overdosed just by snorting. I was only fucking with dope for a year, I imagine I would have eventually shot it if I was out there longer.

You sound crazy when you say there is no difference between ROAs of heroin

Ever heard of bio-availability? BA.? Thats just one reason there are differences in ROA of really any drug especially heroin. Instead of just droppin an opinion do your research and spread useful knowledge to help people!

^cleric.. first of all your avatar.. Fucking love Alice in Chains, especially the dirt album! That's gotta be my favorite AIC album there! Every song is pure gold.. Secondly I am going to have to disagree that every ROA with heroin has no difference.. If you haven't shot it, then you cant possibly know! Not trying to be an asshole, just sayin... Snorting dope and shooting dope is completely different! There is no better ROA to do heroin than IV, but it is also the worst way to do it at the same time, as far as health is concerned, also OD potential, I would always sniff a little test bump of H if it was ECP and always smoke a little tester dot off foil if it was tar when I would get it, because if you just throw it in the spoon/cooker and slam it, without knowing how potent exactly it is, you can easily kill yourself if its way stronger than what you normally do, by doing the same size shot you always do of average shit, if its super good, more pure shit! Or these days if its laced with fentanyl. All of you all who slam H, and don't test it first, I would recommend doing so.. I have lost too many friends from that exact problem.. they never wanted to waste even just like 10-20mg of their G to sniff/smoke a little bit and test it, just wanted to throw it in the rig off rip and bang! Be fucking careful everyone! test your shit!

All very true!

Yes. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, and don't delude yourself into believing that just because you use a certain ROA or route of administration of opiates that you will not become addicted to them, or that you can't overdose and die this way. Stay safe.
Actually you a typical user wont od its impossible to overdose on opiates when you vape.

It does NOT matter the ROA of heroin use ... eventually tolerance developes, and not too long after that addiction. As I said before there is a reason this shit causes epidemics flat out!
lol 'epidemic' its a drug not ebola just saying seems an unjust catergory of words

Heroin is currently not an epidemic.? Where do you live.? Also look at all the dumb questions out there like,"should I try Heroin"? Also a few more im not gunna reference, but I will say this maybe your neighborhood doesnt have this drug problem, but I can promise you my dude around here from Michigan to baltimore, MA, really most all the east coast has all succumb to using opiates /Opiods mainly heroin, Methadone, buprenorphine, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone it really has become an epidemic around where I stay at thankfully im on suboxone, but its bad, filled with dopefiens unfortunately. ...

Heroin is currently not an epidemic.? Where do you live.? Also look at all the dumb questions out there like,"should I try Heroin"? Also a few more im not gunna reference, but I will say this maybe your neighborhood doesnt have this drug problem, but I can promise you my dude around here from Michigan to baltimore, MA, really most all the east coast has all succumb to using opiates /Opiods mainly heroin, Methadone, buprenorphine, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone it really has become an epidemic around where I stay at thankfully im on suboxone, but its bad, filled with dopefiens unfortunately. ...

The truth is more people say not to try it, the more it piques their curiosity...

Heroin feels fucking good regardless of the ROA. So the answer is yes.
It doesn't feel THAT good Ryan. I mean, sure you'll have your good highs, but smoking weed and having a hot gf is way better than shitty old heroin. Smack is for the elderly.

i think its just because the human population is bigger hence bigger problem now epidemuc referes to DISEASES such as EBOLA heroin is a DRUG and causes ADDICTION not an EPIDEMIC...

and that concludes todays english leson

a few weeks ago, i was broke as hell from buying pills ( we all know how that will drin you bank account) and i only had just a little bit of cash. My homeboy said he had some H and it was hella cheaper than buying a couple of rox. so i gave in and got a pack ( i think thats what its called). it was great the first couple of days but i feel like your tolerance builds up some quick with that shit. I never used nor touched a need, i only snorted the h. I only used it for like 3-4 weeks and i never gave in and touched a needle. I didnt get off the opiates though, i just switched back to roxys because i couldnt handle the guilt i was carrying around about the fact that i had actually touched H. I never in a million years thought for a second that i would be doing h.-so i stopped using it. I honestly prefer rox to it just because you never know exacly what you are getting with h, or how pure it is, or if you are about to have some crazy side effects from it and i cant imagin being pulled over and gettin caught with h. i did notice while using it that i felt like i had to have it sooner compared to pills. i would wake up sweating the next morning and with my last hit being around 6-7 pm the evening before and i didnt like that shit at all.
Make wise choices!

Still the main answer remains the same, no matter the ROA of heroin, tolerance, and then addiction forms very rapid, despite who you are, how much money you have, where your at, and of course ROA.

You will get addicted -> probably even if you put the H in your ear !!!!
You can be a lifteime snorter -> the only thing why you change to the needle is, that you will become short of money very soon, and then you get much out of the needle.

Just my 2 cent

PS: And don't even think, that only detox is easier than another. I know of people just drinking poppy-seeds tea for a 1 year or so and OMG......they went trough HELL
PPS: SHIT is SHIT......even when something is more SHIT......is still the lesser detox also SHIT......so......TAke care buddy, i'm struggeling now over 20 years with this fucking habit, my brain chemistry is so fucked up.....and I don't now how to handle -> and all begun with a "buddy" whou told me, snorting H makes no addiction.......