• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Can u smoke Valium?

I don't even get why people snort pills. So wasteful.
What's nasty is that someone snorting crushed up pills is also snorting about 5 to 10 times as much bonding agent, pill filler and stearic acid. Fucks up the sinuses and is a gross, boogery, goopy goddamn mess to deal with later. Also pharmaco companies put gak and other weird shit in their tablets to make it harder to abuse the drugs and/or easily extract the active components sometimes.

Cocaine is for snorting.
Yep, and bonus points for the fact that it also works as a local anesthesia numbing the nasal mucosa. A lot of people shoot it, and others still like to freebase it and vaporize the drug. These are all viable RoAs. Oral consumption, not so much – it only has 30% bioavailability.

Pills are for chewing up, swallowing, or maybe shooting.
Pills are not intended to be shot up. People circumvent this intention with techniques like cold water extraction, facilitating the practice of shooting the drug, but pills are intended for oral consumption, let's not kid ourselves here.

Weed is for smoking and/or eating.
No, clearly that's an IV drug… just kidding.

What is so hard to understand about this?
You tell me – you're the one talking about "pills are for shooting" :ROFLMAO: I'm just messing with you, dawg. But for really,there is nothing wrong with thinking a little differently or challenging the status quo, even when it comes to RoA. After all this is how Nicholas Sand discovered that DMT could be vaporized to circumvent the need for coadministration with an MAOI…

It worked perfectly and an ideal way to use Valium clandestinely. My script is legit though. Found a new favorite ROA. The nicotine and diazepam even you out. A depressant and a stimulant. A spliff speedball lol
It's worth noting that the duration of effects is shortened somewhat significantly, at least this has been the case in my experience with vaporized benzos / inhaled drugs in general.

You tell me – you're the one talking about "pills are for shooting" :ROFLMAO: I'm just messing with you, dawg.
It's all good, dawg.
And I did say maybe, just because I know it happens. The first thing I ever shot up was a dilaudid pill. That was all the rage back in the 70s and 80s. Pills are more difficult to IV these days, but where there's a will there's a way.
The main point of my post was that I've always thought it was wasteful and disgusting (not to mention inconvenient) to snort pills.
I knew of a couple gals who got kicked out of court-ordered rehab (and sent straight back to jail) because one had smuggled in some Xanax. They might have gotten away with eating the pills but they were caught chopping them up (on a bathroom floor!) to snort them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Thc/Benzo vaporized - hippy speedball
Cbd/Benzo vaporized - granny speedball
MDMA/Benzo vaporized- candy speedball

I’ve coined these terms lol

It is hugely wasteful unless you have the pure material. Then you need to check the literature to check if it has a melting point of if it decomposes. Etizolam melts around 147C, but alprazolam it's 228C or so.

Long ago someone sent me 100mg of etizolam powder and I took a fair whack of it. I stayed upright and went for a walk, but I would not do the same with alprazolam or similar. It's going to be much like IVing the stuff which is hazardous.

It's all good, dawg.
You do realize I'm using that term in jest / pseudo-ironically, I hope…

The first thing I ever shot up was a dilaudid pill. That was all the rage back in the 70s and 80s. Pills are more difficult to IV these days, but where there's a will there's a way.
Yeah that's a good point. People routinely shoot up Dilaudid/hydromorphone from a pill. And there's also cold water extractions.

The main point of my post was that I've always thought it was wasteful and disgusting (not to mention inconvenient) to snort pills.
I'm with you on this 100%.

I knew of a couple gals who got kicked out of court-ordered rehab (and sent straight back to jail) because one had smuggled in some Xanax. They might have gotten away with eating the pills but they were caught chopping them up (on a bathroom floor!) to snort them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
There's a tendency to romanticize the ritual of cutting up and snorting lines of white powder with a little straw or rolled-up bill. Some people fetishize the needle and tourniquet. Others still gravitate to the imagery of torch lighters and glass pipes. And obviously people will stick to this to the point of it being a flaw. Some lessons get figured out the hard way sometimes I suppose.

Thc/Benzo vaporized - hippy speedball
Cbd/Benzo vaporized - granny speedball
MDMA/Benzo vaporized- candy speedball

I’ve coined these terms lol
Lol, I don't see where any of them would classify for the speed portion of the term "speedball". Maybe MDMA but it doesn't vaporize at a sufficiently low enough temperature for this, and even if it did, the benzo would mostly interfere with MDMA's effects and I would expect someone to get sleepy on this combo. They would all lead to sleep I'm afraid. Maybe if you threw in some coke or meth with a benzo, that would work, but serotonergic psychedelics and cannabinoids probably won't shine much in the grand scheme of drug wonderment. I could be wrong though.

Placebo in me, when it does occur, lasts a short time. In other words, it doesn't remind me it's there once I've forgotten I took something.
I know it's tempting to want to believe that, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's not how to control for the placebo effect. The fact that LSD degrades rapidly under heat and at temps far below the crystal's melting and boiling points is well documented and discussed and has been for decades. As far as degradation products go, there's nothing that a miniscule amount of LSD – potent in that form though it is – would degrade to with an equally significant potency to justify claims of activity after attempting to smoke microdots. But I will admit this is my own conjecture, an educated guess I could be wrong about.

It's also flawed to attempt to singularly rule out your own placebos due to things like confirmation bias & such.

To be clear, I believe that you experienced something, but it's not possible at this point to delineate it from a number of alternative explanations and theories all of which are much more plausible than the idea that inhaled LSD from smoking acid got you high. And anyway, if the placebo works, so what, right? Lol

It's not a requirement on my part that you believe me. However...
Pills are not intended to be shot up. People circumvent this intention with techniques like cold water extraction, facilitating the practice of shooting the drug,
You might read more and post less.
After all this is how Nicholas Sand discovered that DMT could be vaporized to circumvent the need for coadministration with an MAOI…
This seems interesting. Here I thought that people smoked DMT long before the mechanism of Ayahuasca was discovered. Still, maybe there is some data I missed.
Could you cite this?

Last edited:
It's not a requirement on my part that you believe me.
Good thing …

You might read more and post less.
Well aren't you a cheeky little chode monkey? I'm not even mad; it's impressive how crammed full of bitch-ass passive aggression this comment is. Good job.

This seems interesting. Here I thought that people smoked DMT long before the mechanism of Ayahuasca was discovered.
You might read more… 😏

Still, maybe there is some data I missed.
Could you cite this?
Well which one is it? First you tell me to read more and post less, and then in the same comment where you obviously learned something new, you're asking me to post a source. It's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Idk where I first read this about DMT and Nicholas Sand, but I did a very cursory search just now to discover on his Wikipedia that it's stated there followed by two cited sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Sand#Career

To wit:
> "Shortly after graduating from college, Sand followed Leary and Alpert to Millbrook. During this time Sand also began synthesizing DMT in his bathtub, and he is credited with being the first to discover that it was active when volatized (smoked)."​
Ok, good talk. Have a great day.

"Shortly after graduating from college, Sand followed Leary and Alpert to Millbrook. During this time Sand also began synthesizing DMT in his bathtub, and he is credited with being the first to discover that it was active when volatized (smoked)."

For those who might be unsure when Leary and Alpert (and thus Sands) were at Millbrook, it was 1963 to 1968. I believe Sands synthed DMT quite early on during that period as I was already smoking DMT in summer 1965.

Last edited:
For those who might be unsure when Leary and Alpert (and thus Sands) were at Millbrook, it was 1963 to 1968. I believe Sands synthed DMT quite early on during that period as I was already smoking DMT in summer 1965.
Hell yes, that's great. I'm sure being in the right place (read: either coast of the U.S.) during those years was the greatest. Where were you smoking DMT in 1965? NYC or SF, something like that?

Good thing …

Well aren't you a cheeky little chode monkey? I'm not even mad; it's impressive how crammed full of bitch-ass passive aggression this comment is. Good job.

You might read more… 😏

Well which one is it? First you tell me to read more and post less, and then in the same comment where you obviously learned something new, you're asking me to post a source. It's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Idk where I first read this about DMT and Nicholas Sand, but I did a very cursory search just now to discover on his Wikipedia that it's stated there followed by two cited sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Sand#Career

To wit:
> "Shortly after graduating from college, Sand followed Leary and Alpert to Millbrook. During this time Sand also began synthesizing DMT in his bathtub, and he is credited with being the first to discover that it was active when volatized (smoked)."​
:)
Interesting. Thanks. And when was Ayahuasca’s MAO inhibition of DMT discovered?
Sorry if you took me as passive aggressive. I simply feel that being polite and not going on an angry rant is often the best policy in these situations.

:)
Interesting. Thanks. And when was Ayahuasca’s MAO inhibition of DMT discovered?
Again, search wikipedia for DMT. Looks like at least 1,000 years ago or more. Edit: if you meant specifically the elucidation of MAOIs, specifically RIMAs, in plants like Syrian Rue, I think that came after the discovery that DMT was active via different RoA other than oral / first-pass.

Also, here's: Chemical evidence for the use of multiple psychotropic plants in a 1,000-year-old ritual bundle from South America

And finally: Ayahuasca fixings found in 1,000-year-old Andean sacred bundle

Sorry if you took me as passive aggressive. I simply feel that being polite and not going on an angry rant is often the best policy in these situations.
Well you're probably a better person than I am for this, because I've been known to rant. And anyway if you're concerned with being polite, how about you eschew leaving shit comments like the one above? Here I am fetching you information and sharing interesting facts and your thanks is: you post too much. It's a bit of a slap in the face, or I'm being too sensitive, perhaps. Idk. It doesn't matter.

What do you think about this new info to you re: DMT reveal / story arc? Any deep thoughts to share? You really didn't know ayahuasca came first, then vaporizing it in the mid 60s began, and the MAOI thing I believe was revealed perhaps circa 1956 or 1957, or at least that's when the theory was first proposed.

It makes sense when you consider what's necessary when extracting DMT from bark. Expecting indigenous people to have the technology for this is probably a stretch, what, with limited, primitive tools and vessels… I recall reading something once about someone like the McKennas or Gordon Wasson or someone bringing synthetic and/or extracted/refined DMT powder to a tribe they had befriended where their shaman, upon trying it, proclaimed that the spirit of their sacred plant was also alive in this substance. I don't recall the RoA though, and I kind of remember a similar story regarding 2C-B in PiHKAL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Again, search wikipedia for DMT. Looks like at least 1,000 years ago or more. Edit: if you meant specifically the elucidation of MAOIs, specifically RIMAs, in plants like Syrian Rue, I think that came after the discover
Dude. C'mon.
I was talking about when it was scientifically discovered that MAOI's allowing DMT to be orally active was a large part of the effect of Ayahuasca. The earliest (preliminary) study I've found with a quick search was 1984.

And, they obviously injected it in studies before Sands tried vaping it.

Elucidation?

Oh. I do need clarification (or elucidation) on one more thing.
Is there a cold water extraction which has the purpose of preparing an injectable solution?

I mean, I am always happy to learn.

Last edited:
Dude. C'mon.
I was talking about when it was scientifically discovered that MAOI's allowing DMT to be orally active was a large part of the effect of Ayahuasca. The earliest (preliminary) study I've found with a quick search was 1984.

Elucidation?

Is there a cold water extraction which has the purpose of preparing an injectable solution?

Yeah I see what you're doing. Answer your own questions. I'm out.

EDIT: smoked some weed. Let me try this again.

From that same Wikipedia article link I posted previously:

> "Published in 1970, the first identification of DMT in the plant Psychotria viridis,[62] another common additive of ayahuasca, was made by a team of American researchers led by pharmacologist Ara der Marderosian.[73] Not only did they detect DMT in leaves of P. viridis obtained from Kaxinawá indigenous people, but they also were the first to identify it in a sample of an ayahuasca decoction, prepared by the same indigenous people.[62]"​
I don't know if that paper outright makes the connection. It isn't immediately clear to me. If you'd like to spend time researching this timeline and you find out, please let us know.

What's obvious about that?

Elucidation?
Yeah. Elucidation – from the verb "to elucidate". It's a word. What is your question exactly?

Idk, it probably depends on the solubility of the drug in question with water. Probably most benzos won't cold water extract out so well. For those compounds, there's methanolic extraction through Tyvek.

Good to know. Let us know where your research on these topics takes you. Thanks.

Last edited:
Can you smoke Valium mixed with Cbd weed?
For me taking a benzo sublingualy is the best route, and they don't taste that bad, KPins actual have a minty taste. If anyone has figured out a way to IV benzos effectively please lmk TY