• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Can u smoke Valium?

For me taking a benzo sublingualy is the best route, and they don't taste that bad, KPins actual have a minty taste. If anyone has figured out a way to IV benzos effectively please lmk TY
Well one way would be to source the unmixed, raw drug itself, but I can't speak on the safety of IVing a benzo and I fail to see the point, honestly. They do prepare IV drips of benzos in the hospital in case of severe overdoses of stims/psychedelics, so it has to be possible, right? Good luck.

I don't know if that paper outright makes the connection. It isn't immediately clear to me. If you'd like to spend time researching this timeline and you find out, please let us know.
So, DMT was not even discovered in the admixtures until 1970. Thanks.

I have been looking into it. That's why I asked you if you had any more info. Not sure, but it seems the connection with the MAO inhibition making the DMT orally active was made well after the 60's. Did you read the link I sent?

What's obvious about that?
Sorry. Obvious to anyone who has read of early trials with the drug.

BTW, the above article shows that, in 1955 it was discovered in rats that MAO broke down DMT. That's maybe where you got the possibly erroneous information that the connection to Ayahuasca was found then. Again, I could be wrong on that and I am not so egotistical as to not accept new information.

Yeah. Elucidation – from the verb "to elucidate". It's a word. What is your question exactly?

Well, you spoke of the "elucidation of MAOI's.". Things were made clearer to them???

Idk, it probably depends on the solubility of the drug in question with water. Probably most benzos won't cold water extract out so well. For those compounds, there's methanolic extraction through Tyvek.

I'm actually interested to know if there is a cold water extraction used to inject more difficult pills. I know that the cold water extraction usually talked about online is to extract Acetaminophen from pain pills. That would not efficiently extract the binders and it would be harmful to act as if it did.

Ω

Good to know. Let us know where your research on these topics takes you. Thanks.

My only research today has been cursory and I am open to any facts you might add.

I recall reading something once about someone like the McKennas or Gordon Wasson or someone bringing synthetic and/or extracted/refined DMT powder to a tribe they had befriended where their shaman, upon trying it, proclaimed that the spirit of their sacred plant was also alive in this substance. I don't recall the RoA though, and I kind of remember a similar story regarding 2C-B in PiHKAL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was Wasson and Hoffman bringing Psilocybin to Maria Sabina

Grof: I understand that, on this occasion, Maria Sabina gave you the official "seal of approval," that after having taken the pills, she actually confirmed that their effects were identical to those of the magic mushrooms.

Hofmann: Yes. I gave her for the ceremony tablets of the synthetic psilocybin. I knew that she used a certain number of mushrooms and I assessed the corresponding quantity of tablets. We used them and it was really a full-blown wonderful ceremony which lasted until the morning. When we left, Maria Sabina told us that these tablets really contained the spirit of the mushrooms. "

Is 2C-B in some plant I haven't heard of?

Was the reefer any good?

So, DMT was not even discovered in the admixtures until 1970. Thanks.
Yeah I suppose not. I've always found it interesting that LSD was discovered long before serotonin.

I have been looking into it. That's why I asked you if you had any more info. Not sure, but it seems the connection with the MAO inhibition making the DMT orally active was made well after the 60's. Did you read the link I sent?
Yes. I read either in that or something similar that someone had already correctly theorized that MAO/MAOIs were involved. But I guess confirmation came some years afterward…

Sorry. Obvious to anyone who has read of early trials with the drug.

BTW, the above article shows that, in 1955 it was discovered in rats that MAO broke down DMT. That's maybe where you got the possibly erroneous information that the connection to Ayahuasca was found then. Again, I could be wrong on that and I am not so egotistical as to not accept new information.
Yeah idk, I'm a little off today. Don't mind me.

Well, you spoke of the "elucidation of MAOI's.". Things were made clearer to them???
Insofar as to say that inquiring minds sought to elucidate what the psychoactive compounds were in ayahuasca brew ceremonies they were witnessing.

That was Wasson and Hoffman bringing Psilocybin to Maria Sabina
Oh yeah you're right.

Is 2C-B in some plant I haven't heard of?
No, but it has a striking similarity to Mescaline.

Was the reefer any good?
Yeah, I use it as a mood stabilizer and appetite enhancer mostly. Weed is so much better now than it was a when I was a teenager…

Not in the way that you're describing. You will likely burn the active substance away. People have always vaporized pills on aluminum foil, so like @bingey said, you could go that route. I'll admit I've never heard of someone trying to vaporize/smoke Diazepam (Valium) but nothing surprises me anymore.
After reading about this girl using kool aid to mix her dope with for iv. Nothing surprises me at all.

Yeah, I use it as a mood stabilizer and appetite enhancer mostly. Weed is so much better now than it was a when I was a teenager…
I'm an old fart starting to smoke again after years. The appetite enhancement is the only thing that makes it hazardous to my health at this point. I gained 25 pounds over the pandemic and it was uber hard to lose (again, unlike when I was 20).

I'm an old fart starting to smoke again after years.
I think you mentioned dropping acid in the mid 70s, meaning you were probably born in the 1950s and you're likely in your mid 60s now. (Sorry if I'm off there; my memory is usually pretty sound as a pound).

I have a number of good friends in your cohort. Boomers who followed the Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers fans, post-hippie burnouts who grew up with war veteran fathers, McCarthyism and Red Scare PSA reels, who ran Nixon out of office for being a criminal rat bastard only to bounce through a couple single termers and wind up with an actor in the White House.

The appetite enhancement is the only thing that makes it hazardous to my health at this point. I gained 25 pounds over the pandemic and it was uber hard to lose (again, unlike when I was 20).
Yeah well, metabolism slows down as most animals age, humans being no exception. What's more, there are a staggering number of problematic eating disorders out there. Exercising 30 min a day is such a huge boost to one's health though; I highly recommend it. Also, you could try eating before you get high; for some people this tricks their system into not being hungry when they're high.

I maintain a low tolerance to THC to manage the effects. With no tolerance I'll get so high I almost can't read. For real, I'll read something in my head and pay no attention to the words. However, with even a slight tolerance, this is not a problem. So when I take a break and then come back, I ease into the habit, so to speak.

Wellbutrin is useful for curbing compulsive behavior. Helps with nicotine cessation, eating disorders, OCD, and because it's a cathinone-family CNS stimulant, it aides in weight loss, too. Perhaps ask your doctor? It's well regarded clinically, and it's abuse potential is low. It's not a recreational drug, and it's helped people develop good habits / better patterns of life, if that makes sense.

Point is: if one's vision starts is bad, they wear corrective lenses or get corrective surgery, right? If someone has a dysfunctional pancreas and their body doesn't produce enough insulin, what do they do? They correct the unhealthy issue that would "naturally occur" by taking insulin. Thank you, Science. So if someone's metabolism isn't firing on all cylinders, as it were, and they find themselves struggling to burn fat and lose weight, it's likely because that person is fighting an uphill battle against their own slower metabolism.

That would be like if you're used to getting to work everyday in your car but then your car is swapped out for a skateboard and that's all you have to get around with now… You'd be like: oh this is bullshit, and you might even stop going to work altogether. (So I guess steroids might be like having a personal helicopter you can take to get to work, lol). But so, nothing wrong with correcting a slowed metabolism if it's not a risk to your health. Also, consider testosterone for this purpose as well.

Last edited:
Back on topic...if I crush half of a 2mg klonopin and put the crushed powder on foil shiny side down..will I get a short euphoric buzz? Or just nothing? I do this with oxy from time to time and chase an uncrushed oxy as well to compliment the drip from snorting(but most of all bc I have plentyoxy and it's just fun to do, not really something I do for a high.) ..it does give a short wave of pleasure but nothing like snorting.

Back on topic...
Good point, thanks :)

if I crush half of a 2mg klonopin and put the crushed powder on foil shiny side down..will I get a short euphoric buzz? Or just nothing? I do this with oxy from time to time and chase an uncrushed oxy as well to compliment the drip from snorting(but most of all bc I have plentyoxy and it's just fun to do, not really something I do for a high.) ..it does give a short wave of pleasure but nothing like snorting.
I'm not sure, but worth considering: oxycodone's active range is a good deal higher than clonazepam's.

Actually I'm gonna guess: no, given that the boiling point for clonazepam is listed as 524.5±50.0 °C at 760 mmHg. That would be too high, even without the vacuum.