• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can people smell meth on me?

I've never been able to smell it on someone that doesn't cook, but a friend of mine has a father who cooks, and whenever I go over to his house, his father and house has has a very distinct smell--kind of like mold but a bit more acidic. I've been in plenty of meth labs and they all have the same distinct smell. Might be the various products they're making it with though.

It does come out your pores. Especially when you've been up a few days. When the kidneys an liver are overloaded and/or not functioning well the endocrine system takes on the toxic load. no matter how healthy you are, a meth binge effects those organs. Also, one of the livers jobs is tp turn ammonia into urea. Meth slows this function down. Then toxic levels of ammonia are circulating through our body, hence the moldy penny smell. I can't find the source now, but they are beginning to link meth psychosis to anmonia toxicity in the brain.

Drinking water. keeping active instead of tweaking in a chair and showers are good.

So the article is saying lactulose will help keep your serotonin and dopamine levels more steady?

Even if they can smell it, is quite an indistinct smell to people who don't know about drugs.

Easily masked by changing clothes, showering, and brushing teeth.

Spray-on deodorants or smoking cigarettes also overpower that kind of odor easily.

If I smoke crystal can the smell cling to clothes or breath or skin or does it only cling for a few minutes then disappear? If it does I know most people won't notice but anyone who's been around it and smelled it before could.

So does it cling? And if it does is there anyway to not smell like it?

Meth definitely stinks up clothes etc but it isn't anything too crazy for it to be noticeable. And meth for sure makes your body smell, no doubt. It isn't lack of hygiene either. I've taken 4 showers in the last 2 days and a lot of deodorant yet I have the weirdest bo right now (I'm coming down atm) and I haven't really experienced that before besides with coke. The smell isn't even that bad but it just smells toxic and I hardly ever have bo as it is. Surely When it's out of my system it'll go backto nnormal

Last edited:
People who smoke smell like moldy pennies to me.

sorry, but this made me laugh.

i don't know, i've always thought people who smoked a lot had a certain smell that i could detect before, like an ammonia mixed with stuff smell. interesting there are so many conflicting responses to this question.

I would recognize the smell of meth sweat even though I've never done meth myself. I'm sure many people I know would not recognize it, because they have had more 'protected' lives than I have. They'd likely think one ate something truly horrific or was rotting on the inside or something. Meth smell from smoking is about 1/50th or less in noticeability and persistence on hair and in clothes, upholstery etc. than cigarette smoke or cannabis smoke. Drug rehab employees and law enforcement might have gotten good at detecting it, but I'd call it relatively subtle vs tobacco and cannabis. Other meth experienced folk can detect the smoke residue but its not a powerful, undeniable thing like cannabis or tobacco.

If I smoke crystal can the smell cling to clothes or breath or skin or does it only cling for a few minutes then disappear? If it does I know most people won't notice but anyone who's been around it and smelled it before could.

So does it cling? And if it does is there anyway to not smell like it?
If you want to stay non stinky and odourless than either low dose meth or if using higher doses, multiple showers, deodorant, brush your teeth, i wash my face with warm wash cloth hourly. I’m taking showers probably every 2 hours or more. Even with that with high doses that smell is hard to get rid of. Axe body spray I guess but that would just mask it and make you smell like a frat bro on meth. Good hygiene is the takeaway.

If you want to stay non stinky and odourless than either low dose meth or if using higher doses, multiple showers, deodorant, brush your teeth, i wash my face with warm wash cloth hourly. I’m taking showers probably every 2 hours or more. Even with that with high doses that smell is hard to get rid of. Axe body spray I guess but that would just mask it and make you smell like a frat bro on meth. Good hygiene is the takeaway.
Excellent advice. But this thread died in 2014. Most of our more recent tweaker smell ok.

I have no sense of time whatsoever I guess. My bad lol.
Not bad. Nothing to apologise for. I just noticed you are being extremely active across different meth topics - not sure whether you want to slow down or not. If you are feeling speedy and just want people to interact with look for the Stimulant Social Parlour thread in the Drug Culture sub-forum.

Not bad. Nothing to apologise for. I just noticed you are being extremely active across different meth topics - not sure whether you want to slow down or not. If you are feeling speedy and just want people to interact with look for the Stimulant Social Parlour thread in the Drug Culture sub-forum.
Yeah, I am a bit amped and thought I’d try to contribute to the forum. I’ll try to keep my posts to a minimum. Thank you I will check out that thread for my speedy posting needs lol. Thanks.

Last edited: