• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can people smell meth on me?

wolf95758

Greenlighter
If I smoke crystal can the smell cling to clothes or breath or skin or does it only cling for a few minutes then disappear? If it does I know most people won't notice but anyone who's been around it and smelled it before could.

So does it cling? And if it does is there anyway to not smell like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, don't smoke it
or change clothes
Or be one of those and blow it through a dryer sheet.
And please don't use SWIM it's annoying and against the rules.

the smell comes out of your pores.
The only way to prevent it is not to take meth.

Don't swim. Read the Bluelight user agreement.

And yes they can smell the meth you smoked.

It doesnt come out your pores. Common misconception. Toxins dont come out through sweat. Sweat regulates your body temp. The body filters meth through the liver and kidneys. You piss that shit out and most of it too. Take a shower.

^ do you have a source for that?
Exogenous compounds can find their way into perspiration in small amounts, and it is my understanding that the decomposition of certain metabolites of meth (or contaminants) is responsible for the distinctive body odour.
But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I know I always smell like curry for days and super stink during detox, so I'm holding that some portion of toxins is excreted with sweat.

Its a very small amount. Not enough to make a difference. But its just been an idea told to us through the years and years before that that toxins must come through the sweat even though thats not the case. Its a head thing.

Like the guy whose going to work out that hangover in the gym. Sweat it out. Actually your just making it harder on yourself. Cause that precious water your body needs to get the bulk of the toxins out through your piss is being used to cool you off. So now the toxins just hang out in you longer. If you want some shit out of you, drink water and piss it out. Thats the best way. But you can just laugh to yourself next time you see someone sweatin out that hangy.

Anyone ever been doing a little too much meth and taken a piss and then seen it a little later with all the "shit" on the top. Thats meth. Thats when you hear about those nut jobs trying to extract that shit out of their urine. You can see it.

Sweat doesn't smell, it's odorless. But it provides moisture for bacteria to be able to stink and also skin glands excrete more than just sweat. Amphetamines and many other drugs will change the way you smell, yes. Taking a shower will help but only for a while. If you want to avoid the smell don't use meth.

Yep, in the head. Your lookin for a "smell" cause thats what you have learned can be a meth side effect and others have probably agreed with this idea but it simply isnt there. Now the person might not be up to date on the cleaning maintenance on their body but its not the drug. They could have shitty clothes on. If you smell mold, its probably cause that person did a load of laundry but then didnt get the clothes promptly in the dryer and it sat there for some time.

Think about how many things in life we just take for fact because so many times we have heard it from others. ALthough its never been really checked out. Myths.

No, I've known people who can tell their partner has used meth because of the smell eminating from their body.
It's no myth.

Im sure you have and i bet they would swear up and down they have smelled it too. Thats just like the placebo effect. A form of it. Its amazing how the brain can "trick" us. The body function of skin leans more towards the myth side too. Its not totally void of any kind of residue or by product of the drug. But its not near enough to make a difference. Thats the job of liver and kidneys. You piss out it out like it goes in. Maybe ive just had the bomb shit everytime and keep up with my showers. Never experienced the cat piss smell or ammonia like some say. Only deal with mexicans when it comes to meth. They got the good shit.

Anyone who's done Mephedrone will disagree lol. It permeates through every pore on your body.

Although in the case of Meth I would be very surprised if someone could smell it.

I know arrogant, condescending and grotesquely pretentious slime oozes out of a certain person's pores......

You absolutely cannot smell nano grams of meth or its metabolites on someone's sweat. That is why we have those swabs at the airport and detector dogs ( idiot....).

The smell has to do with bodily stress from lack of sleep and overstimulation ( from drugs or one's psyche). Someone posted an amazing source a while back regarding this topic but I cannot find it. The body becomes less able to process certain byproducts of normal metabolism under stress, thus leading to the smell as they accumulate and are excreted along with sweat. The fact that the smell can occur without drugs is evidence of this. The excess oil on the skin and weakened immune system also facilitates more rapid bacterial growth on the skin.

Haha this thread has made me actually laugh out loud.. I'm just picturing people who've been up for days, wondering through public areas, buses/trains, work-places, etc.. Freaking out that they smell like meth.

Well if your clean and its a pure product i highly doubt people smell anything but it involves to many factors. Its not uncommon for amph users to belive they can smell stuff bc of hyperosmia or just paranoia.
If anyone smell stuff in your sweat its probably the "smell of fear" aka elevated cortisol and epinephrine levels.