• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Can people of the oppisite sex be "friends"?

Robbie240

Greenlighter
What are peoples views on this? Can people agree that if you spend enough time with someone that a connection could develop?

Better question. Is it appropriate for your significant other to have friends of the opposite sex? Ones that they like to see

^Appropriate? I can't answer in those terms. It wouldn't be appropriate for you to fight them over it in our society. If you are a Muslim perhaps you have more of an argument against fraternizing with the opposite sex, but in Western society we at least try to allow freedom, and restricting a lover from seeing people he/she wants to see might not be good for you. The best bet is to let them do what they want, because at least if you do that, they recognize that, and you won't be seen as weak/insecure or something. If I regret much of anything from a past relationship it is my voicing fear/insecurity/jealousy... Getting mad that she hung out with guys. If she is going to stray, she is going to stray. No amount of my getting pissed off about it will help. In fact it will more than likely hurt...

If they have a history, it is more understandable to voice insecurity... But even then your reaction should be to remain graceful in the situation.

But can they be friends? Yes, but it is a lot less likely that the guy feels like she is just a friend. He would probably fuck her, especially if she is hot. He probably wants to. Maybe not, but most likely.

Last edited:
Any bitch I can't fuck... listen, all I give a shit about is getting laid, all this emotional garbage is just sentimental bullshit. I wanna get laid, if not, sure we can be friends. But the only thing I want is a friend with benefits, a prostitute or a slut.

Of course they can, I have plenty of male friends that I've never slept with and never will. Male friends are so much less drama.

Any bitch I can't fuck... listen, all I give a shit about is getting laid, all this emotional garbage is just sentimental bullshit. I wanna get laid, if not, sure we can be friends. But the only thing I want is a friend with benefits, a prostitute or a slut.

I hope you never have a daughter

Kiss your mother with that mouth?
No wonder you're sexually frustrated, or trolling or whatever.

What are peoples views on this? Can people agree that if you spend enough time with someone that a connection could develop?

If you're friends then there's already a connection isn't there? You don't hang around someone if there isn't, unless it's for business perhaps. Having said that I have female friends who I wouldn't want to go any further than friends with. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about what they look like naked though.

As for your SO. Yes it's appropriate.. we require social input from more than just one person in our lives, if we want to stay balanced. Trust them. If they're going to cheat there's not much you can do about it.

I believe that yes, males and females can be just friends but my experience with it definately points in another direction, with other guys vs my SO that is. I've never been one to keep a lot of friends of the opposit sex, or just friends for that matter but I have had some without it being anymore of a friendship though ( but lots of guys can't be just friends, some even says so them self)
My SO is a very attractive woman of both looks and personality and unfortunately for me, lots of other guys seem to agree.
It has happened, on multiple occasions that she had a male friend which turned out not to be a friend. Sometimes they tried to have sex with her, other times they genuinely fell in love with her (and the fact that they knew she has been with me for over 5 years didn't seem to stop their advances at all).

To be honest, I would much rather that she didn't have friends of the opposit sex. I see them all as potential threats and if the past is to be any indication, then I would have to say that it's with good reason too.

At the same time, one has to ask one self, even when offered, would something happen? I mean, let's face the facts here. ANY woman of above average on the sexy scale would be able to get laid in a matter of minuts if she really wanted to. Hell, she could just go right out on the street and ask a random dude.
So one has to make up his mind on whether or not the trust is really there. If it's not, then the person either isn't right for you or you are not mature enough for a relationship.

And I trust my SO, I really do. But I still get frustrated about it. Not because I fear that she will cheat but because I fear that at some point, one of these "friends" won't take a no for an answer or that she'll eventually meet someone that she develops strong feelings for - both would be absolutely devastating to me so I do have some anxiety about her having male friends. Other than that, I also hate it then other guys have some kind of attraction towards her, if I were a little more mature in this apartment, then I would probably take it as a compliment but it makes me kind of want to puke instead. I definately has some growing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends.

If you don't find the girl attractive but you like her as a person then chances are it'll be easier. Though sometimes people fall for personality as time goes on.

But if she's smokin' hot and has an awesome personality, then you'd find it hard to just remain friends and would likely try something at some point or get hurt watching her with someone else.

But if she's got a nasty inside personality and bad intentions then the sexual attraction would need to be placed to the side, cuz usually these girls aren't worth your raging hormones.

At least IME.

Male friends are so much less drama.

If you are the one who thinks all females create drama, perhaps you are the one creating drama?

Anyway, yes people of opposite sex can be friends. I have many male and female friends and my partner does as well. He has two best friends, one male and one female. I have one best friend, male (although gay so he wouldn't be into me anyway).
Friends are friends, the gender is not really that important.

Of course.

I hope you never have a daughter

I know someone who had that attitude about women, and then they now have a daughter from a woman who was their friend with benefits. But they no longer feel that way about women, and have been in a long term relationship with a woman, and are raising their daughter as a single parent since her mother the ex-FWB wanted nothing to do with her own daughter, or being a parent at all and apparently she's done this with other guys.

Hehe, that sure is a funny comment coming from a guy called Psychedelic Soul ffs ;)

If you are the one who thinks all females create drama, perhaps you are the one creating drama.

Lovely. When did I say all females create drama? Oh yes, I didn't.
In MY experience I have had less problems with male friends. I didn't realise that I wasn't allowed an opinion on what sex makes better friends.

No, it's not possible at all. I'll enlighten you why if you want to know the truth.

Most people here are scared of the truth. So, I will remain discreet on the matter.

The truth is one party will have an agenda. Perhaps not from the start of the friendship, but it will develop... Then the friendship turns sour or sexual. IMHO.

Rtp