• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can nodding make you loose your high?

Can nodding make you loose your high?
Definitely. Why I hate fent. You just nod and wake up wanting to smoke, in order to, nod again? It ends up being pointless you chase a dragon that isn’t even there to chase lmao. At least heroin you could chase the dragon sometimes.

Id say if you're nodding, you're already high.
Not sure how it would make you sober. lol

The reason fent isn't as good as heroin, is I believe it doesn't attach to the right sub-receptors types (like m1, m2, m3).
Same with shit like buprenorphine. They attach to the mu receptor strongly, which makes them incredibly potent. But they don't attach to the receptor sub types that induce the euphoria & blissful feelings. I forget which sub-receptor it is but one of them is responsible for the euphoria & well being, while the others are more about sedation & respiratory depression.

This is why some opioids are potent as fuck & even deadly dangerous, but lack the euphoria & feel good properties of say.. diacetylmorphine.
I probably didn't explain this the best, but I tried.

But id' say no, nodding does not make you lose your high. You'd have to be "high" to be nodding anyway really.
Some opioids are different too, like some will make me nod out immediately after taking them & then I come down gently & feel great.
but then other opioids will make me feel stimulated for awhile & then they fade into that drowsy headed "nod" & then wear off.

If you're nodding & don't feel as good, there can be many variables at play. Such as tolerance, what type of opioid it is, the sub-receptors it attaches to & whether or not the nod comes first or right before it wears off.

Last edited:
oxycodone FUCK YEAH
Hell yeah!
I get this from buprenorphine, tramadol & hydrocodone.
They start off making me feel pepped up & energetic, but then after a few hours turn into that drowsy nod mindset right before they totally wear off.
Where as heroin would make me nod out right away after I did a bump, but after the nods wore off, then the energetic & good mood would come into play for another couple hours.

It's mu2 that's responsible for the euphoria.
Pretty sure drugs like fentanyl & buprenorphine do not attach to mu2, or they attach very weakly.

"The different types of opioid receptors bind to their respective agonist counterparts. See Table 1-1

Mu1,2,3 receptors (MOR) bind to endogenous ligands - beta-endorphin, endomorphin 1 and 2 with proopiomelanocortin (POMC) being the precursor.

The mu-1 receptor is responsible for analgesia and dependence.

The mu-2 receptor is vital for euphoria, dependence, respiratory depression, miosis, decreased digestive tract motility/constipation"

Mu-3 receptor causes vasodilation. Kappa receptors (KOR) bind to dynorphin A and B (Prodynorphin as the precursor). They provide analgesia, diuresis, and dysphoria."

So if you're nodding & it sucks, it could really depend on which opioid you're using.

Anyone else know for sure if fentanyl doesn't attach to mu2? It's surprisingly a little difficult finding much info about mu1, mu2 & mu3 & what opioids attach to which,
I'm assuming it attaches to mu1 & mu3 mostly. Which is why it makes you nod so hard but has little pleasure.

No, when you are nodding time just flies by. And also as time goes on and your tolerance gets higher, the duration of the experience gets a lot shorter. Combine that with Fentanyls short duration, and it's seems like goes faster than it comes. So in a way yes but technically no. What way is there around it? Abstain from nodding? LOL!

Interesting, didn't know about these three subtypes of mu opioid receptors. Wonder why they exist, I mean people saying that receptors aren't here to be targeted by artificial drugs are right in some way but there is no endogenous ligand for the different subtypes of receptors like 5ht, mu etc. almost as if biology wanted us to dabble with psychoactives and provides the necessary basics. One never finishes learning!

I liked nodding on snorted morphine, while I do think that dissociatives and empathogens are superior euphoriants, so is nodding on an acute (higher than daily to break through tolerance) of a mu2 opioid number #2 on the list.

I always thought of it as the nodding phase was the last part of the experience before coming down, rather than nodding brings you down. Euphoria, (then with oxy a little stimulation) then tails off into nodding...then down and start again...

Only real time I 'nodded' was on 'heavy' amounts of tramadol and codeine. I don't use opiates regularly but have recreationally tried black tar heroin, oxycodone(from a pharmacy/real shit) and morphine. Oxy I would nod but not like the codeine/tram nod I had. Felt like I was just blurring in and out of reality for days. World spinning by. That was for an injury but I was taking 300-500mg of codeine plus 500mg or so of tramadol each day for a week.

With morphine and oxy, I'd feel too wired and anxious/sick to really relax. It doesn't sit right with me. I just pass out completely or am awake with those. Oxy is very stimulating I found.

No not for me, passing out and waking up not being able to breathe usually wasted my high

Thats funny because fentanyl and bupe are like, my two favourite opioids. Heroin never did much for me. I guess we're all a little different.
What does bupe feel like for your personally?

I find it lacks the "content" feelings that I get from full agonists like heroin.
Plus it becomes almost useless for any sort of mood lift or good feelings if I use it everyday, which I have to, otherwise I'll feel like total shit.
Pretty sure bupe doesn't bind to mu2, but it's also kinda difficult to find binding affinities for sub-receptors on many opioids.

My experience with fentanyl was the only time I ever felt like I was "in danger" on an opioid, even after 10+ years of using pain pills & a couple years using heroin.
I find bupe & fentanyl similar in that they're both incredibly potent & sedating, but lack all the aspects of opioids that I like.

Well, bupe when I had zero tolerance was actually OK. I even preferred it to heroin for awhile there, but I think that was mostly because it was a hell of a lot cheaper & kept me out of withdrawal longer. I could get a strip for 10 bucks & make it last me a week. Where 50 bucks worth of uncut heroin would last me about 3 days. Bupe was sort of stimulating like tramadol & heroin was for me, but the "nods" felt more like "I'm tired as fuck" kind of nods, rather than "wow, I feel so amazing" type nods that heroin gives me. So bupe makes for a great sleep aid in that sense, but it's a boring opioid (for me anyway).

One of the very first times I used bupe, I combined it with my tramadol & went to work that morning. And I started nodding out while standing up at my work station. I couldn't control it at all. It didn't really feel good like a heroin nod either. But it was a nod nonetheless. Had a lot of people asking me if I got enough sleep that day at work. lol

Last edited:
What does bupe feel like for your personally?

I find it lacks the "content" feelings that I get from full agonists like heroin.
Plus it becomes almost useless for any sort of mood lift or good feelings if I use it everyday, which I have to, otherwise I'll feel like total shit.
Pretty sure bupe doesn't bind to mu2, but it's also kinda difficult to find binding affinities for sub-receptors on many opioids.

My experience with fentanyl was the only time I ever felt like I was "in danger" on an opioid, even after 10+ years of using pain pills & a couple years using heroin.
I find bupe & fentanyl similar in that they're both incredibly potent & sedating, but lack all the aspects of opioids that I like.

Well, bupe when I had zero tolerance was actually OK. I even preferred it to heroin for awhile there, but I think that was mostly because it was a hell of a lot cheaper & kept me out of withdrawal longer. I could get a strip for 10 bucks & make it last me a week. Where 50 bucks worth of uncut heroin would last me about 3 days. Bupe was sort of stimulating like tramadol & heroin was for me, but the "nods" felt more like "I'm tired as fuck" kind of nods, rather than "wow, I feel so amazing" type nods that heroin gives me. So bupe makes for a great sleep aid in that sense, but it's a boring opioid (for me anyway).

One of the very first times I used bupe, I combined it with my tramadol & went to work that morning. And I started nodding out while standing up at my work station. I couldn't control it at all. It didn't really feel good like a heroin nod either. But it was a nod nonetheless. Had a lot of people asking me if I got enough sleep that day at work. lol
Well when I first started taking it, it was great. It didn't just take the withdrawal away... I had energy, I had patience, it even felt euphoric. Even after taking it for 4 years it still made me feel like that. but now that its been 6+ years, not so much, even though I take 3x as much as I used to. Guess thats just classic tolerance. Yeah idk why heroin never worked for me, even though Morphine did. Heroin would take the sickness away but thats it. Bupe totally gave me more Euphoria. And yes I tried all kinds of heroin it wasn't just like a one time thing. Perhaps since its a pro-drug it metabolized in a different way idk.

But no its not like bupe fucked me up like fentanyl did but the functional and content feeling was really nice.

Well when I first started taking it, it was great. It didn't just take the withdrawal away... I had energy, I had patience, it even felt euphoric. Even after taking it for 4 years it still made me feel like that. but now that its been 6+ years, not so much, even though I take 3x as much as I used to. Guess thats just classic tolerance. Yeah idk why heroin never worked for me, even though Morphine did. Heroin would take the sickness away but thats it. Bupe totally gave me more Euphoria. And yes I tried all kinds of heroin it wasn't just like a one time thing. Perhaps since its a pro-drug it metabolized in a different way idk.

But no its not like bupe fucked me up like fentanyl did but the functional and content feeling was really nice.

You could be taking too much. I’ll say I’ve gained somewhat of a tolerance to the good effects over the many years but I still definitely enjoy the stuff at 1mg a day. Whereas when I took 4-6mg a day I was overall less happy with it.

-GC

You could be taking too much. I’ll say I’ve gained somewhat of a tolerance to the good effects over the many years but I still definitely enjoy the stuff at 1mg a day. Whereas when I took 4-6mg a day I was overall less happy with it.

-GC
Good advice in general - but not the case with me I'm afraid. If I take more than I'm supposed to I still get that euphoric feeling. And I'm already at 16mg. Couldn't go too much further before hitting the ceiling.