• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can MDMA change your love/feeling about music?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
Ever since my first time dropping at a music festival about 6 months ago i feel like my love for electronic music has evolved emmensley, every time i hear a song i enjoy it brings me right back to that feeling of love, happiness and dancing. i even cry (happily) quite often from just purely listening to some songs.. i mean i've always enjoyed the music and made me feel happy, but not to this extent. maybe is it just giving me dejavu of the fun i had at the festival, or is it something that mdma does to your brain?

Yes it does have that effect but if you abuse it, it goes the opposite direction.

I went from listening to a broad spectrum from classical to IDM to rock to psy and everything inbetween to now not listening to music at all and using the TV for background noise to keep me from losing my mind. Quite a steep change and it happened pretty much overnight.

Yes it does have that effect but if you abuse it, it goes the opposite direction.

I went from listening to a broad spectrum from classical to IDM to rock to psy and everything inbetween to now not listening to music at all and using the TV for background noise to keep me from losing my mind. Quite a steep change and it happened pretty much overnight.

So i take it your suffering from the long-term comedown of MDMA? mind if i ask how you abused it?

So i take it your suffering from the long-term comedown of MDMA? mind if i ask how you abused it?

Long-term comedown indeed. I was seriously bad though. As soon as I got a connect for exceptionally high quality MDMA crystals, I was doing it pretty much weekly. Beyond that, I was doing a minimum of 500mg a session with the average being around a gram and my worst binge involved me and a friend going through 7g in 3 days. Also in the same time period I was doing mephedrone in little binges - probably 2g a night 3 times a week - and I was doing methylone at least once a week as well, usually twice and mixing it with mephedrone... Around 2g for methylone, 1g for mephedrone when it was all said and done. I did that for a good 3 months before I lost my job and the roof over my head. That was back in 2010. I have been paying for it since and I haven't even touched anything except alcohol since like March of 2011 other than twice with mescaline and twice with 2C-T-7 in September of 2011 and like January or February of 2012.

Long-term comedown indeed. I was seriously bad though. As soon as I got a connect for exceptionally high quality MDMA crystals, I was doing it pretty much weekly. Beyond that, I was doing a minimum of 500mg a session with the average being around a gram and my worst binge involved me and a friend going through 7g in 3 days. Also in the same time period I was doing mephedrone in little binges - probably 2g a night 3 times a week - and I was doing methylone at least once a week as well, usually twice and mixing it with mephedrone... Around 2g for methylone, 1g for mephedrone when it was all said and done. I did that for a good 3 months before I lost my job and the roof over my head. That was back in 2010. I have been paying for it since and I haven't even touched anything except alcohol since like March of 2011 other than twice with mescaline and twice with 2C-T-7 in September of 2011 and like January or February of 2012.

Thats rough! well i could totally see how something like this can get carried away.. well props to you for getting your life back on track and i appreciate your help you give on here!

me and my friends get that as well. music sound so much better after i started using mdma. i had never cried over a song before the day after my first mdma experience. i also get the goosebumps very often and sometimes i could get a "miniroll" just by hearing a song. great rush :) what you experienceisnormal.

me and my friends get that as well. music sound so much better after i started using mdma. i had never cried over a song before the day after my first mdma experience. i also get the goosebumps very often and sometimes i could get a "miniroll" just by hearing a song. great rush :) what you experienceisnormal.

omg yessssss.. ill get goosebumps and just close my eyes and feel the good vibes all throughout my body and have a big ass smile on my face, and ill be completley sober! never use to happen, lol its awsome! :)

I was listening to progressive music all the time.
With mdma, I loved house, deephouse, g-house... (I hated it)

I've always loved electronic music but I think MDMA has perpetuated that love even more. There's nothing better than blasting a song that you rolled to and enjoying those dejavu feelings with a huge smile on your face. =D

Of course melting into a giant pile of derp increases your appreciation of music. Ask any raver. lol

Of course melting into a giant pile of derp increases your appreciation of music. Ask any raver. lol

I think he meant sober appreciation. Of which I find I can experience mini-rolls and blow up by listening to music sober haha. General sober enjoyment of music increases. It's more rushy, more exhilarating and more MDMA-like.

Hngh. I listened to electronic music for a lil bit before I ever ate drugs, but yeah, drugs definitely got me hooked on it.

I think it's also due to some associated memories. Do something like a really awesome candyflip, stare up at the lazers whilst making out with someone awesome will definitely change your perspective.

I used to love DnB, trance etc but I had never listened to House. Then I rolled for the first couple of times and the DnB wasn't doing it for me at all...something was missing. Then I found House; namely progressive electro House and I have to say "everything made sense". I've finally found the right combination of bass, beat, synths and electro.

The 303 basically makes House music perfect for rolling.

I can listen to it without rolling, but have be in the mood I.e excited about a night out. But then again I do like it Dirty Dutch style, so tis quite heavy for first thing in the morning lol.

There is nothing more amazing than feeling connected with music, the range of emotions this can bring to your life is incrediable. I've had times where I've sunk into depression, and music can give me that ray of hope, that temporary release from the monotomy of life.

I once had this weird couple of seconds where I felt outside my body and the music had entered. I was feeling the music inside me! A little unsettling to be honest lol. I like all sorts of music but any electronic music brings me back to the mdma memories.

music that has been understood (on mdma) cannot be un-understood.
but ime lsd has an even more beautiful long term effect on music appreciation.

even after years in which i've not taken anything, i'm certain that going back to pre-mdma, pre-lsd music perception would be pure torment for me.

The first time I ever rolled (x files) I listened to 'I am the Walrus' by the Beatles and it was truly amazing. It sounded heavenly. I love all different genres of music by the way but for me, rock has always done it for me while rolling more than any other type. Probably because of all the memories that comes with it.