• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I use diazepam (Valium) for a week straight?

I think you're playing with fire if you have already experienced heavy xanax WD in the past, kindling can fuck you up...

Gabaergic WD is not something to take lightly, it's not like with other drugs. Even if you don't have a seizure WDing from high doses of benzos is very bad for the brain, there is some neurotoxicity involved which will only make your life more difficult in the future.

In the end it's your decision to make but you should be aware of the risks.

You just want the easy answer, sorry I was medically looking out for you.

will you die or seize? Chances are very low.

So sure fucking flush the Valium and quit. You’re right 50 mg isn’t that crazy.

I killed 100 mg bag of Etizolam in a week and had some bad withdrawals but I survived.

Hell NO! Don't follow this advice. You can take valium for a week with that dose and be fine.
If you do it for 3 weeks straight like OpiateKiller here advised you to, you definitely get withdrawals.
50mg is a bit high, but if you have already some benzo tolerance I get it. I had extremely stressful time and ate alprozelam for 2 weeks straight 3-8mg a day, I stopped and I was fine.
You can do it.

Sure you were fine. 99% of people will be fine. But when you see some kid fucking fall down the stairs and start seizing in a jail with shit medical staff it fucking opens your eyes.

I became friends with the guy he said he was taking 6 mg of Xanax for the 3 weeks. Pretty similar dosage to 50 mg of Valium.

will he be ok? 99% minimal withdrawals. I’m a gambler so ok I agree fucking just stop you’ll be fine.

But if you’re withholding information and have been through benzo withdrawal before, your chances of complications greatly increase.

Sure you were fine. 99% of people will be fine. But when you see some kid fucking fall down the stairs and start seizing in a jail with shit medical staff it fucking opens your eyes.

I became friends with the guy he said he was taking 6 mg of Xanax for the 3 weeks. Pretty similar dosage to 50 mg of Valium.

will he be ok? 99% minimal withdrawals. I’m a gambler so ok I agree fucking just stop you’ll be fine.

But if you’re withholding information and have been through benzo withdrawal before, your chances of complications greatly increase.
I've seen it on rehabs countless times. No worries.
My point here was that you advised dragging the time of usage with valium.
The guy said he will have hard week. I will give advice based on his premises.
Your advice here was based on a niche situation. Don't even know would it really work there.

I've seen it on rehabs countless times. No worries.
My point here was that you advised dragging the time of usage with valium.
The guy said he will have hard week. I will give advice based on his premises.
Your advice here was based on a niche situation. Don't even know would it really work there

I do agree brother. Less time is the best bet. You're right thanks for clarifying my statements because you're right.

It's funny I'll give all this safety protocol taper do this do that medical advice but for myself I'll down a bag of etizolam drink a bunch of booze and stick random shit in my veins.

Ironic at the least.

I know what you’re saying, but it’s only a weeks use, is a taper really necessary? If I do taper, then I’ll be using benzos for 2 - 3 weeks rather then 1 week. Wouldn’t that cause more mental side effects and worse insomnia?

Exactly what I think too, I've took vallies and other benzos off and on for years mate, people always freak out about tapering and seizures and stuff but some people will be fine, some won't, I've not had a seizure but I have had withdrawal and PAWS, the past year or so after being off benzos for a whole year I now stop them for couple of months then start and go from benzos back onto my mirtazapine antidepressants, my moods all over the fucking place though so I don't suggest that, I've been addicted to valium, clonazepam, xanax, tramadol fucking zopiclone even valerian lol, valerian is good when coming off benzos and zopiclone etc, maybe try that once you've took the vallies for a week

Not fully, but weak mind will have a hard time quitting from there

Yeah what made coming off valium worse for me was thinking and saying to people "arrrggh I'm going to feel so horrible, I'm going to be in pain and feel really bad"

The more you tell yourself that shit the worse you will feel, say the restless legs for instance, the more I thought I was kicking them the morey legs would kick, and my ex mentioning my legs made them jerk, it was odd, fuck man even my arms would jerk and I'd nearly punch myself lol

Yeah that shit made me not take one for a year but you soon forget the withdrawals

Face it like "yes this won't be nice but I've brought it all on myself and now I need to go through this, I took these vallies I knew the outcome so suck it up" it helped me see it through

Yeah what made coming off valium worse for me was thinking and saying to people "arrrggh I'm going to feel so horrible, I'm going to be in pain and feel really bad"

The more you tell yourself that shit the worse you will feel, say the restless legs for instance, the more I thought I was kicking them the morey legs would kick, and my ex mentioning my legs made them jerk, it was odd, fuck man even my arms would jerk and I'd nearly punch myself lol

Yeah that shit made me not take one for a year but you soon forget the withdrawals

Face it like "yes this won't be nice but I've brought it all on myself and now I need to go through this, I took these vallies I knew the outcome so suck it up" it helped me see it through
Yeah, attitude is good thing to have.
Other junkies in rehab were saying that I wasn't even supposed to be there, since I clearly didn't have withdrawals. '
Reason for this was my good attitude. I was joking, laughing and having a good time.

Whenever I've had a seizure from benzos, I didn't even feel like I was in withdrawal / realise it was about to happen. I just thought I was having some trouble sleeping or feeling a little anxious because of other things. Then BAM. :|

Well I am in a pretty gregarious position myself, I have been taking Etizolam every single day for over 12 months, 10 to 12 mg's daily for about 5 months now.

I know I would have a magmanamouth task to taper down and off. It has been a necessary evil to keep me physically alive during an insanely, intensely unbearable time and situation in life.

My feeling is though, 50 mg Valium a day for 7 days. Don't expect not to feel rough for a few days with a cold turkey, but physically should be safe I imagine.

The suggestion to taper down is good advice, but not a necessity I don't think.

Could even work backwards by extending the psychological dependance. If it was me, maybe I would stop fully. If by day two it's too unpleasant, take a small dose or two, like 20 mg's total, just to take the edge off.

Then another day off, see how you feel next day. With the optionnof a smaller dose or 20 mg's again just to pass the next two days more comfortably if necessary, by which time you should be mostly landed.

Another suggestion I throw here, there and everywhere. Look into Kava. Educate yourself. There is a reverse tolerance factor, can take 3 weeks daily use to reset, adjust and prime one's individual neurotransmitter system to receive the full effects of kava.