• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can Dilaudid tablets be smoked?

buttershots21

Bluelighter
I've been looking all over for a solid answer and yes I am fully aware that IV is the best bang for your buck ROA but I don't IV so no need to mention anything to do with IV. I've also snorted them, plugged them, and taken them orally. So all I really want to know is if it is possible to smoke these pills, if it is worth smoking them, any tips or techniques for doing it properly, any extra steps or things to do to prep them for smoking and if it's a complete waste of time, reasons why. I know heat isn't good for some opiates, but doesn't hurt others. Do I keep the pill whole? Crush it? Add baking soda to the powder to freebase it? I really want to try it. My tolerance to opiates is fairly high (200mg morphine ER and around 60-80mg oxy together on a daily basis) so I think I'm good on any risk of OD off of one 4mg Dilly. Thanks in advance for the input

It's possible on paper, but since the tablets are mostly lactose they'll char and carmelize if you try to smoke them.

Sounds so nasty.... Honestly shooting them with proper harm reduction methods sounds less harmful..... Not suggesting you inject, but just pointing out a misconception I see.

the thought of this makes me cringe.. what a waste of a wonderful thing

Will they slide on tinfoil like roxies? A lot of them will, yes. I tried it once about 6 years ago when I was addicted to smoking blues and couldn't find them one night. It was a complete waste of time. Compared to smoking oxycodone you will not feel it at all. I would put it like...

8mg of smoked hydromorphone = 5mg smoked oxycodone

Don't bother at all trust me bruh you'll be heated as fuck when you waste good dillies

When the OC pills became OP, I switched from Oxycodone to Dilaudid and Heroin.

LOTS of people would probably be against my post, but, I used to have a bunch of the 4mg Dillys, the yellow ones from Purdue, the same Co. that made the original OC's.

I cut a 4mg pill in half, and honestly, smoking them got me fucked up.

If you know how to chase the dragon, you will be successful at smoking pills.

The only smokeable pills I've had were the Original OC Oxy's, Roxicodone Oxy's, and Dilaudid.

The best way to smoke these pills are, and its VERY easy, all you need is some foil, a straw, and a lighter.

You put the pill on top of the UNshiney side of the foil, light from underneath as low as you can go, and you will see the pill slide and you will see the smoke vaporized as you light underneath, and you inhale the smoke from the straw.

I've done it multiple times, and came out successfully. The only ways I took Dilly's was either plug them or smoke them. Eating them was like throwing them in the garbage.

Just crush it up and add water, filter with a cotton or preferably a micron, evaporate the filtered solution and smoke the residue. I've never tried it but it seems a lot better than smoking a pill.

Just crush it up and add water, filter with a cotton or preferably a micron, evaporate the filtered solution and smoke the residue. I've never tried it but it seems a lot better than smoking a pill.

I don't recommend that at all, esp. since you haven't tried/experienced it. That'll probly waste his money/pills.

WITH EXPERIENCE, in my experience, CHASING THE DRAGON (smoking) dilaudid DID work for me and it DID get me high.

I had the 4mg pills like I posted, if you have the 8mg ones, oh boy you're going to get euphoric as FUCK, and get opiated.

With my extremely high opiate tolerance (9 years), one day I accidently skipped a day of my methadone, and had 4mg DILAUDID's on hand, cut them in half, put it on tin foil, lit the bad boy up, and it had me on CLOUD 9. it really reminded me of smoking the ORIGINAL OC's.

Try it for yourself.

I see in the OP you also have the 4mg Dilly's. That's also what I had!

YOU WILL NOT OD if you have a tolerance to 200+mg of Morphine, and 60-80mg of Oxycodone.

Yes, DILAUDID is more potent than both, but weaker than both taken orally.

IV/IM/INHALING DILAUDID is very potent. With your tolerance. Smoking dilly, I would suggest smoking 4-6mg. If you're not high enough, smoke another 2mg. You can always take more, but not less.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes for you.

Smoking opiates was my ROA of choice with OC, Heroin, DILAUDID, if I could've smoked any type of opiate I would. I just LOVE chasing the dragon. (Opiate of choice, tin foil, lighter, and a straw)
Ahh the good old days.

I don't recommend that at all, esp. since you haven't tried/experienced it. That'll probly waste his money/pills.

WITH EXPERIENCE, in my experience, CHASING THE DRAGON (smoking) dilaudid DID work for me and it DID get me high.

I had the 4mg pills like I posted, if you have the 8mg ones, oh boy you're going to get euphoric as FUCK, and get opiated.

With my extremely high opiate tolerance (9 years), one day I accidently skipped a day of my methadone, and had 4mg DILAUDID's on hand, cut them in half, put it on tin foil, lit the bad boy up, and it had me on CLOUD 9. it really reminded me of smoking the ORIGINAL OC's.

Try it for yourself.

I see in the OP you also have the 4mg Dilly's. That's also what I had!

YOU WILL NOT OD if you have a tolerance to 200+mg of Morphine, and 60-80mg of Oxycodone.

Yes, DILAUDID is more potent than both, but weaker than both taken orally.

IV/IM/INHALING DILAUDID is very potent. With your tolerance. Smoking dilly, I would suggest smoking 4-6mg. If you're not high enough, smoke another 2mg. You can always take more, but not less.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes for you.

Smoking opiates was my ROA of choice with OC, Heroin, DILAUDID, if I could've smoked any type of opiate I would. I just LOVE chasing the dragon. (Opiate of choice, tin foil, lighter, and a straw)
Ahh the good old days.

You can always buy more pills but never new lungs. Experience isn't everything. Case in point heroin vets of 15 plus years cooking shots, when we all know it's worse and pointless. But I'm sure just like those types you won't listen to reason because experiences will serve you better right?

Bottom line this is a HARM REDUCTION resource, telling people to smoke pills is the exact fucking opposite of that.

Smoking pills is as bad as snorting Opana I'm assuming, neither is good for your lungs.

There are fillers in all these pills, I'm assuming you're melting plastic, etc....or whatever the fillers are made of when you're chasing the dragon with these pills.

Be careful, pills are supposed to be taken orally.

While you may be able to smoke a tiny amount of drug, nearly all of it will be filler. Keep in mind that even an 8 mg dilly weighs at least a gram. Assuming a weight of exactly one gram or 1000 mg, the amount of actual hydromorphone in the pill is 8/1000 or 0.008. In other words, 0.992 grams of plain old fillers and binders. 0.008/0.992 = 0.8%. So there is only 0.8 percent drug in the pill itself. Then of course you would likely just end up scorching it and producing caustic fumes which would likely block the drug entirely or nearly so.

In other words - while nearly anything can be smoked in theory, most anhydrous substances are NOT conducive to it, and it would be an incredible waste of a pill - particularly because Dilaudids can be very expensive, and as you mentioned are EXTREMELY efficient when injected. Now obviously I'm not going to recommend that you start IV'ing; Dilaudids are INCREDIBLY addictive when injected, and it WILL take over/ruin your life with near certainty if you start. HOWEVER there is another option, and that is insufflation (rail them). The first time I did Dillies, I took a 4 mg yellow pill. crushed it finely, separated it into 2 lines, and carefully railed both. It feels really damn good, is a lot stronger than swallowing them (which is a total waste with Dilaudid), comes on very quickly, is NOT likely to cause any damage to your nasal lining if infrequent, is much less addictive and easier to do than shooting, and while it of course is not as strong as shooting it represents a happy medium and compromise because it's way better than swallowing it, and it is probably the best bang for your buck in the sense that railing will make it a lot better but with much less risk of addiction (although not as low as swallowing).

Good luck man, and just remember to be careful. It IS possible to overdose by railing alone, although you would probably have to snort a shitload of pills in a short period of time to do it. Still, it's very easy to overdose in the sense that you can start to feel shitty and throw up. It happened to one of my exes the first time she tried railing only 4 mg. A LOT of people will tell you that Dillies are a complete waste unless you IV them, but that's not really true. Plugging may work as well as you suggested.

Do NOT DO THIS!! I'm sure this poster means well, but as I said in my previous post, one 8 mg pill contains only 0.8% of active drug (o.4% for 4 mg like you have). This is MINISCULE! If you essentially cold water extract it and try evaporating the liquid, there will be NO visible residue left, and certainly not enough to scape up, transfer it into a pipe and smoke. The amount of drug is so small that it will be completely invisible to the naked eye - not to mention the loss of yield that inevitably comes with doing this, plus the microscopic amounts caked to the sides of the vessel that are not transferable. This would be a complete and total waste of Dilaudid. What you CAN do however is crush it, dissolve it in the smallest possible amount of water, and then plug it. At least that way you are introducing the entire product into your body instead of trying to isolate the specific active ingredient which cannot be isolated in those amounts.

Even if you did it with a whole BUNCH of pills aiming to produce a solid powder or resin, you would be wasting nearly all of it and you still likely wouldn't be able to see it. Think of it this way - some people try using this method with poppy tea. They crush many, many large pods and make a very concentrated tea out of them. Then they pour it into a shallow pan or similar vessel, and evaporate the water off of it either by letting it sit a long time, or helping it along somewhat with a hair drier. Even though there are at least hundreds of mg of morphine in the solution (depending how concentrated it is, there may be a gram or more), it STILL is very hard to isolate, scrape and transfer the resulting opium-like product because even a full gram (which would probably take a ridiculous amount of pods anyway) when accounting for loss of yield and it being spread over the surface of the vessel, can be very hard to see itself. And keep in mind that this one gram is 250 TIMES larger than 0.4 mg hydromorphone lol

This thread makes me cringe with some of the horrid advice. No one in their right mind would try to separate the binders from active to smoke active..... Why make a habit when to do it properly without loss requires pricey lab equipment.....

Second 8 mg is more than enough to see..... It's not that tiny.

Don't smoke your damn pill. Put it up your nose or better yet inject if you know how and are willing if neither those just eat it and accept it will just take twice the iv dose to get the high more drawn out with no rush.

Edit : Don't dry opiates with a hairdryer as they are heat sensitive and there's a great risk of breaking down the opiates that are trying to be extracted.

Last edited:
You can always buy more pills but never new lungs. Experience isn't everything. Case in point heroin vets of 15 plus years cooking shots, when we all know it's worse and pointless. But I'm sure just like those types you won't listen to reason because experiences will serve you better right?

Bottom line this is a HARM REDUCTION resource, telling people to smoke pills is the exact fucking opposite of that.

Yes, this IS a harm reduction site.

Telling someone to crush a pill, and micron filter it and smoke the RESIDUE?

Smoking the RESIDUE of ANYTHING is worse than smoking the actual DRUG.

I was just answering the OP's question...YOUR POST is actually a HARM REDUCTION post, NOT MINE.

I answered with EXPERIENCE, you're just GUESSING.

Experience vs. Guessing?

Hmmmm....let me think about that.

F-TARD

itsonlyme123-

VERY TRUE.

BUT, smoking ANYTHING isn't good for your lungs.

Also, I was just trying to answer the OP's question.

I really have smoked dilly pills with success before. The good old 'chasing the dragon' way on tin foil, straw, lighter, and opiate of choice.

If you evap it on the surface your gonna smoke it off it eliminates all these problems. Also how in the fuck is smoking pure the pure chemical worse than smoking nearly a gram of binders? I like to be right as much as the next guy but there's no logic in that statement at all.

Hurr durr Ftard hahahahah

This thread makes me cringe with some of the horrid advice. No one in their right mind would try to separate the binders from active to smoke active..... Why make a habit when to do it properly without loss requires pricey lab equipment.....

Second 8 mg is more than enough to see..... It's not that tiny.

Don't smoke your damn pill. Put it up your nose or better yet inject if you know how and are willing if neither those just eat it and accept it will just take twice the iv dose to get the high more drawn out with no rush.

Edit : Don't dry opiates with a hairdryer as they are heat sensitive and there's a great risk of breaking down the opiates that are trying to be extracted.

No man; it's really NOT enough to see. If it happened to all be concentrated together in a ball, then you might barely be able to, but in practice this never happens as it simply would end up being spread all around the vessel in the wake of evaporated water and at that point, definitely impossible to see or salvage. Trust me - I know because I've done very similar stuff in the lab before. Like I said before, a dime weighs about a gram, or 1000 mg. So even assuming one hundred percent purity of your product, it's still going to be less than 8 parts out of 1000 left - not to mention all the lost yield in the extraction/dilution itself, and what would remain caked to the vessel even assuming you COULD easily see it. The bottom line though is the same advice all around - doing this is an absolute waste of a very good drug that can be a bitch to find.

I didn't disagree that it's a waste, but 8 mg scraped in a pile is visible that's all