• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Can benzos help stop pregabalin sezuire?

Jungo871

Bluelighter
Hi I am currently taking pregabalin for recreational uses, but have now been taking it for over a week at doses between, 600mg to 900mg. Tonight I took 1200mg. I am prescribed diazepam 25mg and have taken that as well. I also started taking kratom, as it helps me feel normal, not high just more happier overall. My question is I know pregabalin, can lower the sezuire threshold, even though it is an anticonvulsant. Would diazepam stop a pregabalin sezuire and maybe a tramadol sezuire, as I have previously had a sezuire years ago when took too much with booze. So could benzos stop a pregabalin sezuire from happening when combined? Currently taken pregabalin 1200mg, been having a few burns of kratom every 4-5 hours, and taken 25mg diazepam. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

It's more the other way round, Pregabalin could help prevent a benzo seizure whilst tapering. Are you hoping to take more Pregab? Or are you worried about the amount you have taken today specifically?

I think I've had enough I took them a month ago and got mad euphoria on 600mg, then took 900mg. What a night was still feeling it well into the next day. I have been taking them everyday for over a week, and they make me feel good along with kratom, which is why I started taking them, to taper off the kratom but ended up liking them pregabalin everyday. I don't think I should take anymore I'm slightly buzzed on 1200mg spaced out. I might take another 1 as they are 300mg caps. Just thought benzos stopped sezuires and taken my 25mg diazepam prescribed. Those pregabalin are way better than benzos. Feels euphoric with kratom.

Hi I am currently taking pregabalin for recreational uses, but have now been taking it for over a week at doses between, 600mg to 900mg. Tonight I took 1200mg. I am prescribed diazepam 25mg and have taken that as well. I also started taking kratom, as it helps me feel normal, not high just more happier overall. My question is I know pregabalin, can lower the sezuire threshold, even though it is an anticonvulsant. Would diazepam stop a pregabalin sezuire and maybe a tramadol sezuire, as I have previously had a sezuire years ago when took too much with booze. So could benzos stop a pregabalin sezuire from happening when combined? Currently taken pregabalin 1200mg, been having a few burns of kratom every 4-5 hours, and taken 25mg diazepam. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Answer is, yes, it will. But pregabalin seizures are uncommon. It can also prevent or treat tramadol seizures to a degree but won't necessarily mitigate it's serotonergic toxicity.

Interestingly, tramadol is a weak GABA-A antagonist, which may explain it's ability to lower the seizure more than by other mechanisms (which is more commonly attributed to its serotonergic properties).

I would advise against taking another 300mg on top of 1200mg Pregab. Pregab seizures can happen when you're coming off of them not really whilst on them.

Answer is, yes, it will. But pregabalin seizures are uncommon. It can also prevent or treat tramadol seizures to a degree but won't necessarily mitigate it's serotonergic toxicity.

Interestingly, tramadol is a weak GABA-A antagonist, which may explain it's ability to lower the seizure more than by other mechanisms (which is more commonly attributed to its serotonergic properties).

Thanks I always thought they could, but your right might stop sezuires but not the SS, and tramadol doesn't mix well with many drugs especially drugs that already lower the sezuire threshold. Thanks just was curious about that and after taking a sezuire on tramadol, scared to mix it with anything.

I would advise against taking another 300mg on top of 1200mg Pregab. Pregab seizures can happen when you're coming off of them not really whilst on them.

Thanks for reply, I think I've had enough and feeling good on that. Pregabalin is weird, went a month off it, hoping I'd get that night of euphoria but was disappointed after a month's break. Now taking it as a maintenance dose for getting through bad times. I still feel good taking it daily even with a tolerance but don't want to get WD, as not got it on prescription. 1200mg is pushing it so yeah I'll leave it now don't want to push it.

I like Pregab mixed with opioids it's awesome (that's very poor advice and I don't say anybody should do this) but on it's own even at 900mg it's just that slightly drunk, thick eyed, zombie. But if you like that then sweet. I also noticed no or negative effects when raising from 600mg to 900 mg so I went down on dosage.

Pregabalin doesn't lower the seizure threshold, it increases it, just as all anticonvulsants do. So taking Diazepam to prevent a seizure from Pregabalin isn't necessary at all.

However, taking Pregabalin and Diazepam together will lead to rapid down-regulation of the GABA receptor sites that they bind to, greatly lowering the seizure threshold if you attempt to abruptly stop them.

If you've only just started the Diazepam, then a rapid 2 week taper should suffice, as long as you're continuing to take the Pregabalin at the same consistent dose.

Arguments are made as to whether you should take the pregab or the opioid first for max effect, I always wait for the pregab to come on then take the opioid, I don't quite understand the argument for the other way round

I like Pregab mixed with opioids it's awesome (that's very poor advice and I don't say anybody should do this) but on it's own even at 900mg it's just that slightly drunk, thick eyed, zombie. But if you like that then sweet. I also noticed no or negative effects when raising from 600mg to 900 mg so I went down on dosage.

I notice a rapid tolerance with pregabalin. I had it a month ago and was very dissociative and trippy 😆 now I'm using it all the time. I bought the signiture brand 300mg and still feel nice on it but not the same drunk euphoric feeling. I'm also mixing it with kratom and it goes well together

Pregabalin doesn't lower the seizure threshold, it increases it, just as all anticonvulsants do. So taking Diazepam to prevent a seizure from Pregabalin isn't necessary at all.

However, taking Pregabalin and Diazepam together will lead to rapid down-regulation of the GABA receptor sites that they bind to, greatly lowering the seizure threshold if you attempt to abruptly stop them.

If you've only just started the Diazepam, then a rapid 2 week taper should suffice, as long as you're continuing to take the Pregabalin at the same consistent dose.

I've been on Diazepam for over 6 years maintenance dose of 25mg. Was on 30mg a day, but got it cut down to 25mg. I take it with most drugs, I hardly notice the effects. I don't think I could stop it now as I feel ill if I don't take it. The pregabalin 300mg caps were bought online, signiture and getting a bit dependant on the feeling off them. I use kratom with it and they go well together, the pregabalin isn't prescribed and been using it daily for over a week, so hope don't get physically WD from it. Also took phenibut tonight with it tonight and take kratom. Need a break from drugs Tbh. But feel like kratom and pregabalin help my life to function

I've been on Diazepam for over 6 years maintenance dose of 25mg. Was on 30mg a day, but got it cut down to 25mg. I take it with most drugs, I hardly notice the effects. I don't think I could stop it now as I feel ill if I don't take it. The pregabalin 300mg caps were bought online, signiture and getting a bit dependant on the feeling off them. I use kratom with it and they go well together, the pregabalin isn't prescribed and been using it daily for over a week, so hope don't get physically WD from it. Also took phenibut tonight with it tonight and take kratom. Need a break from drugs Tbh. But feel like kratom and pregabalin help my life to function

In that case, I'd taper off the Pregabalin while maintaining your 25mg dose of Diazepam. Being on a Benzodiazepine for that long will suck the life out of anyone. You need to get yourself back to a point where you're taking the Diazepam only, then devise a careful tapering plan for getting yourself of it. The taper could last for several months or even beyond a year. But the important thing is that you get yourself off it safely to prevent more seizures similar to the one you had when you broke from Alcohol.

Arguments are made as to whether you should take the pregab or the opioid first for max effect, I always wait for the pregab to come on then take the opioid, I don't quite understand the argument for the other way round
Thanks SA. That is good to know. I always thought pregabalin and gabapentin would take away from any opiate taken with it. I know they are prescribed together for a lot of people. But I think I need to forget the notion that gabapentinoids take away from opiates. I can not even remember where I got that idea from. Something about gabapentin and morphine but can't find anything on that. That would be the only reason I would dose the opiate first in the past. But honestly, I never notice any difference if I take them the same time anyway.

I am also one that can only take small doses of pregabalin. I get a weird head zap that makes me think I am going to have a seizure if I go over 500 mgs. I never had a seizure in my life either. Just feels weird and I am not taking chances. I don't get that with gabapentin. But I do know I also feel more restless on pregabalin than gabapentin so this is probably just a side effect with my body chemistry and not others. I had also got this scary effect when I tookl phenibut and gabapentin together.

I think there are some posts on pregabalin and seizures. Whether true or not I still am cautious with pregabalin. But the notion of having these drugs take away from any opiate effect was some kind of silly memory I had that is not really true.

Thanks SA. That is good to know. I always thought pregabalin and gabapentin would take away from any opiate taken with it. I know they are prescribed together for a lot of people. But I think I need to forget the notion that gabapentinoids take away from opiates. I can not even remember where I got that idea from. Something about gabapentin and morphine but can't find anything on that. That would be the only reason I would dose the opiate first in the past. But honestly, I never notice any difference if I take them the same time anyway.

I am also one that can only take small doses of pregabalin. I get a weird head zap that makes me think I am going to have a seizure if I go over 500 mgs. I never had a seizure in my life either. Just feels weird and I am not taking chances. I don't get that with gabapentin. But I do know I also feel more restless on pregabalin than gabapentin so this is probably just a side effect with my body chemistry and not others. I had also got this scary effect when I tookl phenibut and gabapentin together.

I think there are some posts on pregabalin and seizures. Whether true or not I still am cautious with pregabalin. But the notion of having these drugs take away from any opiate effect was some kind of silly memory I had that is not really true.
The exact opposite, they heavily synergise. But the pregab for me takes a minimum of 2-3 hours to take effect, so I time the opioid about 2 hours in :) I'm on Pregab for pain and tramadol, both prescribed but, you know, we have our tricks to increase highs.

I think there are some posts on pregabalin and seizure.
If I dose relatively high (for me) on pregab I will get what I call jerks, tics and other uncontrolable movements. Not sure if this is seizure territory but I have never had a seizure that I know of so wouldnt have anything to compare.

Since benzos raise the seizure threshold, then yes, they should help to prevent seizures from pregabalin withdrawal. However, they won't stop the withdrawal, they'll only help with the anxiety and lowered seizure threshold. And be VERY careful of developing a benzo dependence, as it is even worse than pregabalin dependence.

Lowering the dose of Pregabalin seems more logical instead of switching to a more addicting substance.

But yes Benzo's will stop seizure's but they also cause them when stopped abruptly.

If I dose relatively high (for me) on pregab I will get what I call jerks, tics and other uncontrolable movements. Not sure if this is seizure territory but I have never had a seizure that I know of so wouldnt have anything to compare.
Yes, same here. Not knowing always made me look up the different symptoms of convulsions as opposed to seizures. Not sure I still fully understand it although convulsions more common and not as dangerous? And more things can cause convulsions I believe. Even cannabis. (it is at this point I am awaiting someone more knowledgeable to set my rambling straight lol)

I will say though the pregabalin head shocks seem a little more sinister than the jerks we are talking about. And it seems there have been some seizures on it. I don't get that with gabapentin. Although my tolerance is very low. 1500 mgs zoots me. 150 mgs of pregabalin is fairly strong too.

don't get that with gabapentin
no a bunch of gabapentin just makes me feel "sandy" and blah. not a whole bunch of anything tbh.
pregabalin head shocks
not sure i have experienced this. i may have and just put it on the shaky-jerk-spasms. not sure what to call it other than dangerous as fuck if in public and driving or in a situation where one would need ones senses about them.
that week of abuse left me with a day of serious rebound anxiety that made me dose 100mgwhen i got off work. wish i had taken it before work but though kratom would suffice. ha gonna do 100mg a day till its phenibut day then go off it i think. fuck i was miserable as fuck. pregabalin is no joke imo. i have basically come to terms with my anxieties so not a stranger to it by far and tentatively dealing with it without much help. god i though i was gonna bug out, sweat to death and pissibly kill myself from the depression that hit me. (ftr i am not suicidal and wont do it as i knew it was wds).
babblin my bad
one