• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone give tips on how to sleep during opiate/opioid withdrawal?

Did no one not mention Kratom on this thread? I didn't feel like digging through 16 pages...

Kratom is a lifesaver when it comes to opioid withdrawal and helping you get some sleep. Definitely no more RLS.

Sure....but kratom is an opioid itself, so if one is trying to kick opioids completely then it's just going to replace/drag out that dependency

Sure....but kratom is an opioid itself, so if one is trying to kick opioids completely then it's just going to replace/drag out that dependency
Yes... I get that, but it is an atypical opioid and the withdrawals are nothing compared to actual opioids (at least in my experience). I mean, one of the primary uses for Kratom is for opioid withdrawal. Taking a few grams of it every night for a week or so to relieve withdrawal symptoms isn't going to hurt like quitting a 100 mg-a-day Oxycodone habit cold-turkey would. Just slowly wean yourself off the Kratom.

Yes... I get that, but it is an atypical opioid and the withdrawals are nothing compared to actual opioids (at least in my experience). I mean, one of the primary uses for Kratom is for opioid withdrawal. Taking a few grams of it every night for a week or so to relieve withdrawal symptoms isn't going to hurt like quitting a 100 mg-a-day Oxycodone habit cold-turkey would. Just slowly wean yourself off the Kratom.

Yeah I agree, and I've used it for the purpose you described with good results, and the withdrawal syndrome is far more tolerable than other opioids. Easy to get stuck on kratom though in the process.

Wait...you can still get smack? You're lucky. Where I'm from, smack is gone but fentanyl is everywhere. Good luck on trying to cut back though. With enough willpower and faith in yourself, you can do it.
Yep defo mind we had a bit or a drought a few weeks ago but the demand is so high in my city that it simply is everywhere and people say multiculturalism is bad lol

I didn't think sleeping was possible until i got a script for clonidine. Mixed it with like 900mg gabapentin and couldn't believe i slept. Might not have had the biggest tolerance when i jumped off, but still, i was surprised.

Did no one not mention Kratom on this thread? I didn't feel like digging through 16 pages...

Kratom is a lifesaver when it comes to opioid withdrawal and helping you get some sleep. Definitely no more RLS.
It definitely helped me, but keep in mind that I rationed oxycodone down to practically nothing before switching to kratom. I relapsed after 2 weeks clean from painkillers though. Stress sucks. Life sucks. 😞

I'd rather not give out my exact location, but I'm from the Texoma area. North Texas/Southwest Oklahoma. Pretty much on the state line of both states.

I know this native American stripper from Oklahoma, she randomly found my music page on Instagram, we started talking and she was cool as hell, really intelligent and insightful. Really pretty too. We talked alot, and she hit me up to meet her when she randomly was in town. We did do anything cause I had a girlfriend at the time (I mean she hugged me and kissed me cause she was so happy to meet me, and wanted more). But I was good, despite me realizing why she was a stripper (her shape was incredible -- especially on the backside 🤯). We just went to lunch and we stood at the beach for a long time and talked. I asked her how she started stripping and she said, "I dunno child protective services took me to a foster home when I was 14, and next thing I know I'm doing this". Man that was sad, after she said that I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I played it off. She is so intelligent and inquisitive, it kind of broke my heart when she said that.

Anyway, back to Oklahoma. Sometimes I send her this:

I know this native American stripper from Oklahoma, she randomly found my music page on Instagram, we started talking and she was cool as hell, really intelligent and insightful. Really pretty too. We talked alot, and she hit me up to meet her when she randomly was in town. We did do anything cause I had a girlfriend at the time (I mean she hugged me and kissed me cause she was so happy to meet me, and wanted more). But I was good, despite me realizing why she was a stripper (her shape was incredible -- especially on the backside 🤯). We just went to lunch and we stood at the beach for a long time and talked. I asked her how she started stripping and she said, "I dunno child protective services took me to a foster home when I was 14, and next thing I know I'm doing this". Man that was sad, after she said that I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I played it off. She is so intelligent and inquisitive, it kind of broke my heart when she said that.

Anyway, back to Oklahoma. Sometimes I send her this:

She sounds awesome. That meme made me laugh, by the way. Haha! I love Pulp Fiction. I needed that. Been having a shit week.

I'd rather not give out my exact location, but I'm from the Texoma area. North Texas/Southwest Oklahoma. Pretty much on the state line of both states.
Ah ok just wondering if u was from the UK I hear there's apparently a lot of fetanyl ciculating up north in the east midlands though we seem to have avoided the fetanyl scourge all together only problem is some of the top dealers have been arrested so there's only 1 or 2 people with the best stuff now and they ain't always about

If you have a solid doctor and were getting them through them than you should have no issues getting something that was a god send during my ordeal.
Ask for quetiapine 50mg. It will knock you out for 16 hours. Than that side effect tapers after about 6 days (long enough for them to subside a bit).
Also if you can ask for lyrica its also an amazing drug, but tolerance builds. Haven't had any bad side effects from using them like this.
Only down side if you start taking lyrica constantly. You will forget months, almost like a fog. Not forget forget, but details slip.

Hi. I have recently stopped methadone after 6 years OLD and wish I knew since I jumped off 7 days ago I have slightly gotten better but I still can't stop restless body and legs and have had less that 4 hours sleep in a week. Does anyone know how long to expect this or does it differ from person to person. Also I was on 140 and tapered down to ten before stopping. Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated. Stu

Hi. I have recently stopped methadone after 6 years and on smack for 15 before and wish I knew how terrible I'd feel since I jumped off 7 days ago I have slightly gotten better but I still can't stop restless body and legs and have had less that 4 hours sleep in a week. Does anyone know how long to expect this or does it differ from person to person. Also I was on 140 .Your also right about anti nausea and sleep aids with anti histamine. They made a restless body even worse. It's just so hard to get a decent dose of benzos these days, 5 mg of serapax is pitiful.I tapered down to ten before stopping but may have been too quick.Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated. Stu. To be honest it's waaay worse than coming off H.

Depends on the severity of the withdrawal. For me, a few times sleep was not an option, and when I stopped buprenorphine a year and a half ago I haven't slept more than 2 hours a day, in 3 weeks, no matter what I took. I used pregabalin (Lyrica) + clonazepam (Klonopin) + diazepam (Valium) + midazolam (Versed/Dormicum) + zolpidem (Ambien) +mirtazapine (Remeron) + melotonin +..."all other natural sleep aids". I have big tolerance to benzos though. The only thing I haven't tried is quetiapine (Seroquel) and clonidine. Sometimes sleep is really not an option. For less severe withdrawal pregabalin should suffice. From there on you add on what you are most comfortable with (near full list disclosed in this post and post above already). Hope it doesn't get that rough though.

-echo (formerly PL)
Hi. I have recently stopped methadone after 6 years OLD and wish I knew since I jumped off 7 days ago I have slightly gotten better but I still can't stop restless body and legs and have had less that 4 hours sleep in a week. Does anyone know how long to expect this or does it differ from person to person. Also I was on 140 and tapered down to ten before stopping. Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated. Stu

Hot showers help
For the duration of time you're in the shower. I prefer a bath if possible but RSL and insomnia returns with my experience soon after. I believe the only cure is perseverance or using again. I've tried and due to tight arse doctors they and the law want us on 'liquid handcuffs'. Keeps their eyes on us thinking it will reduce crime.