• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone give tips on how to sleep during opiate/opioid withdrawal?

I am now stuck in a similar situation, I live in Michigan and the state has once again lowered what doctors can prescribe (and the governor who is a Democrat) keeps lowering what can be prescribed. Oxy= 1.5x morphine equivalent. It has been lowered to 60mg per day, meaning I get 40mg of oxy a day.
I have been on it almost 7+ years. In August I gave up my morphine script( I had both). My doctor would give more if not for the state. My tolerance is up, I can't sleep eat or even think straight most of the time.
I have cirrhosis and pancreas problems.
I signed a form stating I can't get anything more from another doctor, unless approved.
The pain management doctors are assholes here. I would need a referral anyways and he is out of the country.
I would go to the ER, but my shitty insurance has a $9100 deductible. Have you seen the cost of an ER visit?
Besides I can't get a script from them anyways.
Gee, I have legit problems and can do nothing.
I am not poor, but I have some money but cannot legally do a damn thing.
What the hell, I have never abused my tiny amount of oxy, I don't exactly have a long life in my future. I was diagnosed 8 years ago with cirrhosis of the liver. My pancreas is a mess,
What, should I drive to Detroit? All the dope(I have never used heroin) it is fentanyl anyways. How is that going to look in my monthly piss test if I live.
I have to wait till early January to see my doctor. He told me if this were the 90's I would have no trouble giving you a higher dose.
They lowered it from 90mg morphine equivalent to 60mg( blue state for all who want to blame Republicans and 2022 piss test, hmm. A war on pain patients by the Democrats. Not political, just the truth.
I was an independent politically.
I take back a post I had against OTC codeine pills. CWE, no acetaminophen, wish I could.
I cannot sleep which means more hours to spread my 4 10mg pills over. This is bullshit, I have been good and followed the rules and I get fucked. I have legit pain and am told there is nothing that can be done.
One of Nurse Practitioners( they ain't doctors) said Go to the ER. But I can't accept any other scheduled script so what the he'll is that going to do but cost me thousands for nothing.
One big thing pain meds do, they allow me to eat
I have already spent over $4000 in the last 7 days on a lawyer deposit: and accountant fees for my dead dad's taxes( those bastards already charged me $2000-$3000, for very little.
My 10mg Valiums(diazepam) do nothing.
Even( laugh all you want) melatonin actually in larger than recommended doses knocked me out. Now nothing. I started smoking to control hunger. My pancreas keeps me from eating properly but pain pills use to help. Especially when I was on morphine 24/7.
My tolerance means I am now moderately sick all day, unless I take an oxy early.
After getting rid of the morphine I used to sleep 7or8 hours a day, then 3, now It's going to be at this rate every other day a couple of hours.
And the state expects me to handle all this legal bullshit.
My advice is this, if you are not in pain then get off opiods.

isn't methadone the best replacement opioid therapy for pain?
Just askin as I only tried bupe and tramadol and once ocx but in buprenorphine withdrawals ketamine+ chlorphenamine+ acetaminophen and dramamine for nausea

sleep is overrated :cool:

isn't methadone the best replacement opioid therapy for pain?
Just askin as I only tried bupe and tramadol and once ocx but in buprenorphine withdrawals ketamine+ chlorphenamine+ acetaminophen and dramamine for nausea

sleep is overrated :cool:
I have read only bad things about methadone. A hard core heroin addict can benefit, but what if they want off? I read the withdrawals last a long time and are miserable. I don't use much/or illegal opiods.
Insomnia is miserable .

A smoothie during showering is a great way to start the day.
I love smoothies. Actually, for someone with a nearly 2-decade drug addiction, I still maintain a healthy vegetarian diet for the most part. I do what I can to stay healthy as far as exercise and eating well is concerned. It's the least I can do to compensate for my unhealthy habits.

I love smoothies. Actually, for someone with a nearly 2-decade drug addiction, I still maintain a healthy vegetarian diet for the most part. I do what I can to stay healthy as far as exercise and eating well is concerned. It's the least I can do to compensate for my unhealthy habits.
My large earlier post was a bit rambling, but I used to sleep well, but now I have the same question; my withdrawal is mild because I have no psychological addiction or use large amounts, I and just wait till I can take another oxy, which wakes me up but makes me feel better, but a healthy diet(I can barely eat) and exercise is out of the question.( not enough energy due to not eating much) A warm shower never helps me( some people it does) Switching from short acting benzo ( lorazepam) Ativan, to a long lasting benzo(diazepam) Valium, probably made sleeping more difficult. Playing with my phone, reading and watching movies doesn't help. When I had a bad drinking problem, my withdrawals were like that of opiod withdrawal or worse, but I had no insurance and doctors would never give me any comfort med scripts when at times I would end up in the ER and then went home, less sick, so I would drink myself to sleep.
They actually made my situation worse and no one would help till I was half dead and then discharge me after I was a little better but still sick.
Now from my earlier post I have a new problem or two.
I am not on morphine 24/7( things were not as bad back then) The question for me (and I wish I had an answer for you). How do I ask for a small number of barbiturates to get to sleep?

Huh, never knew mirtazapine was an antihistamine. Explains why when I was prescribed it and I would take a low dose of bupe, 1 or 2mg with low tolerance, shit would make me actually nod lol. And on the back end, some of that good sleep. 💤 😴 👍

So yeah, definitely second the idea, if you can get some. Old thread that this is lol.
And a clean one that has no deleriant effect's. Used work great with Kratom to, but now it doesn't induce sleep anymore. Maybe due to changes in my sleeping architecture. Same for Benzo's, on a insomnia night handsfull will only affect my balance but no sleep till morning.

And a clean one that has no deleriant effect's. Used work great with Kratom to, but now it doesn't induce sleep anymore. Maybe due to changes in my sleeping architecture. Same for Benzo's, on a insomnia night handsfull will only affect my balance but no sleep till morning.

Same happened with me, with the mirtazapine, didn't work for sleep anymore, just weight gain. I was just a fat insomniac. 😆

Being skinny Mirtazepine's weight gain was beneficial. It got me at the perfect weight for someone my size. But I was 12 kg. underweight, due to my children being born. Not even drug related.

Anyone know if Opipramol still excist's. That was an side effect free and effective sleepaid. No clue if it would work in WD's but it was better as Doxylamine the shop owner told me.

Last edited:
Does it have a brand name, and what country ? Wow, having kids made you lose weight. Most of the guys I have known, their wives got fat after having kids and many stayed fat

A smoothie during showering is a great way to start the day.
Funny you mentioned that because I am trying to eat healthier and improve my general health (which is terrible especially for someone in their late 20s) and one of the first things I did was starting to buy smoothies my preference is the strawberry and bannana ones from lidl a's they ain't to expensive I have also started buying multivitamin's my main problem is smoking (tobacco and smack) as I have a history of smoking related diseases on both sides of my family and let me tell you my chest is not good at all..

In fact I am in my late twenties and I caught a bug not to long ago(and no it wasn't covid it was bacterial) I ended up in hospital with nasty bout of phnemonia yes.. phnemonia at my age I ended up calling the ambulance on the third day as I knew something was different with this bug.. mainly the fact I wasn't getting better and the coughing blood every 20 minutes from the nasty cough on top of everything else although I still managed to go out and score everyone said I looked like death and was grey like a goul I didn't need them to tell me though it took all my effort just to keep standing..

Thankfully i have a biycicle so that helped.. anyway when the ambulance people came in and took my vitals after talking to me they were shocked and wanted to take my straight to the emergency department but they had no beds so I went to a different ward until they had a space available this had been a massive wake up call.. I can't be sure that all the heavy smoking made it worse but I am pretty sure it did I usually come down with something this time of year but I always bounced back so you can imagine what a shock this was me and the doctors agreed that I would probably be dead if I didn't call the ambulance when I did.. unfortunately I am still smoking tobacco and the other stuff.. but I have a plan to cut down next year it's been nearly 3 weeks since i was admitted and I'm still not back to normal..

Yes the infection is gone but the damage it did to me is not. God bless everyone remember life is precious and so is our health and vitality I swore to myself while I lay in hospital they I would not end up like my dad and I owe him that much as many people know though life hasn't been kind to ganjcat the last few years..

If detoxifying yourself of opioids, I recommend switching from whatever opioid you are on (heroin/morphine, oxycodone/hydrocodone, fentanyl) to codeine and a gradual dose decrease for 3–6 months. It's much easier to withdraw from codeine.

My large earlier post was a bit rambling, but I used to sleep well, but now I have the same question; my withdrawal is mild because I have no psychological addiction or use large amounts, I and just wait till I can take another oxy, which wakes me up but makes me feel better, but a healthy diet(I can barely eat) and exercise is out of the question.( not enough energy due to not eating much) A warm shower never helps me( some people it does) Switching from short acting benzo ( lorazepam) Ativan, to a long lasting benzo(diazepam) Valium, probably made sleeping more difficult. Playing with my phone, reading and watching movies doesn't help. When I had a bad drinking problem, my withdrawals were like that of opiod withdrawal or worse, but I had no insurance and doctors would never give me any comfort med scripts when at times I would end up in the ER and then went home, less sick, so I would drink myself to sleep.
They actually made my situation worse and no one would help till I was half dead and then discharge me after I was a little better but still sick.
Now from my earlier post I have a new problem or two.
I am not on morphine 24/7( things were not as bad back then) The question for me (and I wish I had an answer for you). How do I ask for a small number of barbiturates to get to sleep?
I got xanax once from telling a doc I was having severe insomnia. That was back in the 2000's though. Now you'd be lucky to find a doc who is sympathetic enough to prescribe anything that's worth a fuck. If you know someone who has a script, you might ask if they'd be willing to sell any.

I find that L-dopa eliminates RLS and helps with anhedonia in opioid withdrawal. You should only take it during acute wd, taking it long term will have negative effects (so I've read).

I've been experimenting with the lesser known akuamma seed extract. It has both mu agonists and antagonists. It does seem to help kratom withdrawal, but doesn't completely negate it (at least with the smallish doses I've taken). I've yet to come to a conclusion with this plant.

Magnesium taurate and magnesium glycinate help to some degree.

Huh, never knew mirtazapine was an antihistamine. Explains why when I was prescribed it and I would take a low dose of bupe, 1 or 2mg with low tolerance, shit would make me actually nod lol. And on the back end, some of that good sleep. 💤 😴 👍

So yeah, definitely second the idea, if you can get some. Old thread that this is lol.
You consider 2 and 1/5 year's an old thread, wait untill you turn my age. It becomes a recent one.

Death thread's sometimes have the capacity to revive themselves. I probably did unknowingly revive some 16 year old thread.

You consider 2 and 1/5 year's an old thread, wait untill you turn my age. It becomes a recent one.

Death thread's sometimes have the capacity to revive themselves. I probably did unknowingly revive some 16 year old thread.

I was only inferring that the op's problem had likely been solved by now, but I hear you. Hell, I realized the other day that my Bluelight account is now an adult. Can't rationalize myself young much more after that lol. 😆

Does it have a brand name, and what country ? Wow, having kids made you lose weight. Most of the guys I have known, their wives got fat after having kids and many stayed fat
Insomin, Wiki list of brand's is quite long, but in Turkey that was the brandname.

That's true nobody about the woman. No one ever told me men can loose weight after birth. Luckily Mirtazepine and Lyrica that I was on after that period resulted in a perfect BMI. As teen alway's skinny but stringy.

I was only inferring that the op's problem had likely been solved by now, but I hear you. Hell, I realized the other day that my Bluelight account is now an adult. Can't rationalize myself young much more after that lol. 😆
Well my former registration was somewhere 2006. The whole upcoming off internet was a step ahead. Lurking , registrating, gettin old.

Funny you mentioned that because I am trying to eat healthier and improve my general health (which is terrible especially for someone in their late 20s) and one of the first things I did was starting to buy smoothies my preference is the strawberry and bannana ones from lidl a's they ain't to expensive I have also started buying multivitamin's my main problem is smoking (tobacco and smack) as I have a history of smoking related diseases on both sides of my family and let me tell you my chest is not good at all..

In fact I am in my late twenties and I caught a bug not to long ago(and no it wasn't covid it was bacterial) I ended up in hospital with nasty bout of phnemonia yes.. phnemonia at my age I ended up calling the ambulance on the third day as I knew something was different with this bug.. mainly the fact I wasn't getting better and the coughing blood every 20 minutes from the nasty cough on top of everything else although I still managed to go out and score everyone said I looked like death and was grey like a goul I didn't need them to tell me though it took all my effort just to keep standing..

Thankfully i have a biycicle so that helped.. anyway when the ambulance people came in and took my vitals after talking to me they were shocked and wanted to take my straight to the emergency department but they had no beds so I went to a different ward until they had a space available this had been a massive wake up call.. I can't be sure that all the heavy smoking made it worse but I am pretty sure it did I usually come down with something this time of year but I always bounced back so you can imagine what a shock this was me and the doctors agreed that I would probably be dead if I didn't call the ambulance when I did.. unfortunately I am still smoking tobacco and the other stuff.. but I have a plan to cut down next year it's been nearly 3 weeks since i was admitted and I'm still not back to normal..

Yes the infection is gone but the damage it did to me is not. God bless everyone remember life is precious and so is our health and vitality I swore to myself while I lay in hospital they I would not end up like my dad and I owe him that much as many people know though life hasn't been kind to ganjcat the last few years..
Wait...you can still get smack? You're lucky. Where I'm from, smack is gone but fentanyl is everywhere. Good luck on trying to cut back though. With enough willpower and faith in yourself, you can do it.

Last edited: