• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can alcohol help opiate withdrawal?

^Exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth. It's like having an instant severe hangover in addition to all of the Opioid withdrawal symptoms.

Whenever I've tried to drink alcohol on opiate withdrawal, it makes everything worse. Alcohol alone can sometimes cause restless limbs, so when I would drink during withdrawal it made the restlessness that much worse. It also increased the shitty body feeling, and made my emotions more unstable, and also lowered my inhibitions so it made it harder to resist getting more opiates. Plus then the hangover in the morning made the withdrawal worse. Highly not recommended.

I think it is quite possible, but alcohol in large quantities is also harmful to health. So it is better not to abuse at all.

i think it depends if you drink daily or not... i drank about 18 beers a day while addicted to opiates, so when in wd would drink even more then that. rarely ever got hangovers from beer, would have to push 30+ in a day for that, but even a few shots of liquor would have me feeling like shit the next day so i always refused hard alcohol.

As someone with a binge drinking sort-of problem and whose suffered some serious alcohol withdrawal symptoms the thought of adding alcohol to what I imagine is an extremely shitty situation (I've never done opiates) makes me feel a bit naseous.
Alcohol is just generally shit, it doesn't help anything.

Steer clear of alcohol it may eleviate the withdrawals at the time but will make you feel worse. Only advice get some otc stuff and do a CWE apart from that get ride it out. If it's codeine you shouldn't be to bad with w/d