• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Can alcohol be classed as a dissociative/escapism based drug?

Many alcoholics as well as normal drug users consume other alcohols besides Ethanol.
i didn't see any posts like that here though. i just assumed because people were mentioning brand names we were all talking about booze. my bad.

Not really.
The point you make is correct.

Even GHB is in some alcoholic fermentation aswell as other alcohol's and congener's.

But beside contributing to the side effect's like hangover's. The Ethanol probably overpower's the rest.

Liquor distilled from grains (90%+ of all liquor) leaves me feeling the worst when starting to wear off

100% agave distilled tequila hangovers are almost non existent / along with mezcal
good brandy which is basically concentrated wine leaves me feeling pretty good
and vodka made from potatoes vs. grains affects me less negatively

Last edited:
No alcoholic beverage is as relaxing as an imperial ipa
saturated with as many pounds of fresh hops / lupulins that you can get in the fermenting vessel

i didn't see any posts like that here though. i just assumed because people were mentioning brand names we were all talking about booze. my bad.
It’s no one’s “bad”, but I myself only read the op and responded to the op.

Yikes, do you drink a lot?
Depends on what is a lot. I guess.

Health wise 1/2 a standard consumption unit is the max. My uneducated conclusion. Like the ammount of Ethanol a few Kombucha's or GingerBeerPlant drink's would deliver.

There are many specific types of "drink", so which drink are we talking about? ;)
My taste is directed mainly on the most obscure. Love genuine Absinth or stuff like Bisongrass Vodka.

And there is some sort of mechanisme developed in the last few year's where I actually seek out quality. Which is not persee indicated by price or fame.

When one has opportunity to basement and/ or sale's of your liquor store. Once in a while I found jewel's for half the price. The stuff I normally wouldn't even consider.

Basicly with exception of the old school Absinth all are the same more or less ime don't you agree F.U.B.A.R.

Phasing out of reality basically, I guess - contrast compare typical drug dissociatives with Alcohol?

Apples and oranges?
The ovelap is so minimal that I think the NMDA-antagonist effect's are greatly overpowered by the other effects of it.

Even comparing with GHB is debateable. Ethanol seem's quite unique in action. But I never Luded or took Carisoprodol/ Meprobamate.

There are many different types of “Alcohols” so which specific alcohol are we talking about? Different alcohols have different pharmacologies which can make them have more anesthetic qualities.

I mean... if someone is referring to consuming "alcohol", 99% of the time they mean ethanol.

I wouldn't even count on ethanol being the least harmful of all alcohols of less than 6 carbon atoms and one hydroxyl group. Something like 2-methyl-2-butanol doesn't produce reactive aldehydes as a metabolite, but it's more dangerous if someone incorrectly thinks it should be drank at the same dose level as ethanol.