• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Can alcohol be classed as a dissociative/escapism based drug?

I find the difference between vodka and vodka to be indistinguishable myself...
If you compare a good distillation product to a inferieur one its a just like Weed. There is the good, the bad and the ugly.

Like the Jenever my granddad drunk was foul tastin stuff. While good brands make well tasting shit. Smooth, good mouthfeel and nice aroma's. Same goes for W/ Vodka's and all the rest. Compare Stolichnaya, Three Sixty or Wyborowa with Smirnoff. To me there is a line in quality. The first three presenting the better ones.

I always thought it was straight up part of the dissociative class of drugs

I think so to but in an bad way. The dissociation isn't enhanced but muddled.

What imo makes Ketamine so special is the lack of (lasting) stimulating after effects. For me its pure psychedelia and sedation.

You sure you're not just saying that because you like your Tesco special?

Do you reckon they ship to Canada? I kind of want to try these UK supermarket specials....you know, for science.

Aye, can't beat it mate. Asda, Tesco, Morrisons all £5.75 for 35cl. Fuckin Sainsburys think they're posh by charging 6 quid for half a bottle - cunts! Nearly at the arse end of my £10.50 'Morrisons Savers' bottle now and it's still 4 hours until the shops open.

If you compare a good distillation product to a inferieur one its a just like Weed. There is the good, the bad and the ugly.

Like the Jenever my granddad drunk was foul tastin stuff. While good brands make well tasting shit. Smooth, good mouthfeel and nice aroma's. Same goes for W/ Vodka's and all the rest. Compare Stolichnaya, Three Sixty or Wyborowa with Smirnoff. To me there is a line in quality. The first three presenting the better ones.

Bloody hell mate, even Smirnoff is out of my price range. On the few occasions I've had that or equivalent, I've found it too smooth tbh. I like my drink how I like my women - cheap and dirty... 😜

Last edited:
I only ever buy supermarket vodka and don't notice any bloody difference from when mates have the posh stuff. Does anyone actually know the difference between Tesco and Grey Goose if they can't see the bottles? I would bet good money most couldn't. It's like wine, a fiver bottle and a £30k bottle is the same shit I don't care what anyone says, it's all utter bollocks mate.

Only time I buy brand booze is Jack Daniels Honey because me girl likes it and it gets her even hornier than usual... which any alcohol would do really, but you know, power of the mind and all that, and a small price to pay for an all night fuck sesh waaaat.

Soz I'm not in SLR I'll shut up. I am however on speed and pregabs and Vallies. So ya know the vibe if you know.

Might do some Mandy tonight as long as the downers wear off. Can't be wasting good pills because fuck those twats with the "what's wrong with MDMA today?" Q-Dance pills are LEGIT. They getting mugged off if they think all MDMA is shite.

Fuck sake the fuck am I even on about. Crazy this innit a druggie on a drugs forum chatting shit cuz he's high on drugs. Well fuck me sideways.

Oh. I was gonna say something half useful. Alcohol is an NMDA antagonist. This does technically mean it has some mild disso effects. I think this is also responsible for its analgesic properties, at least partially. Some studies have claimed booze has similar analgesic properties to morphine interestingly.

Vodka is a poor example. It all tastes almost the same.

Gin, on the other hand. There's no fucking way the fiver a bottle shit is as good as the 20 a bottle shit. I've had the fiver a bottle. Some weird shit called Superior from the US. 5$ a 50cL bottle! That's imported. Why they import it into Canada I don't know....well, by "they" I mean some shady cunt over the border on a river at 4am.
Anyway, I was sipping on it one night at a festival with a mate, straight out of the bottle, as you do when we offered it to a passerby. The fucker took a sip, his eyes widened, spat it out and said to us, "Are you fucking for real?!"

Well, yes, we were but I much prefer my Ungava gin or something legit.

Alcohol is absolutely a dissociative, it acts as a NMDA antagonist.

All vodka tastes the fucking same to me. Like a solution of ethanol in water. I believe a double blind vodka tasting would be unable to tell the difference between 40% ethanol in distilled water versus Grey Goose.

Alcohol is absolutely a dissociative, it acts as a NMDA antagonist.

All vodka tastes the fucking same to me. Like a solution of ethanol in water. I believe a double blind vodka tasting would be unable to tell the difference between 40% ethanol in distilled water versus Grey Goose.
I Beg the differ there are Vodka's that have that subtle Rye taste. And they are subtle tones one has the other hasn't.

Biggest difference is the one will give heartburn the other won't. If you respect your limit's that is.

Gulping a Zubrowka Bison Grass atm. Good shit, f*ck Smirnoff. Never had Grey Goose I must admit. But the Grass add's a nice taste to the beverage.

There are many different types of “Alcohols” so which specific alcohol are we talking about? Different alcohols have different pharmacologies which can make them have more anesthetic qualities.

There are many different types of “Alcohols” so which specific alcohol are we talking about? Different alcohols have different pharmacologies which can make them have more anesthetic qualities.

I think it's fairly safe to assume we're discussing ethanol - AKA 'booze'...