• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Caffeine - is it possible i accidently ingested more than intended from coffee?

d1nach

Bluelighter
So i am very impatient. I usually
A. brew all my coffee from exactly one cup of cofffee grounds with 8 cups of water
B. pore it into three bottles roughly .33, .33, .33 each
C1. Drink one .33 bottle 2 hours after waking
C2. Drink the second .33 bottle at +6 hours
C3. Drink the third .33 bottle at +9 to +11 hours

Est. Caffeine at 80 mg per 15 ml of coffee grounds each .33 bottle having roughly 420 mg of caffeine out of the roughly 1260 mg total

Anyway, i decided instead of waiting for it all to brew to drink roughly my first .33 bottle when slightly less than one half of the total coffee was brewed.

Given caffeine has very high solubility is it possible my 0.33 first bottle has way more than one third of the total caffeine?

My guess being roughly one half of the total of about 1260. Or about 630 mg. Leaving the other two at about 315 mg each.

I am sorry this text is soo long. Almost like within half a hour after drinking it i feel like i need to run. My hands are kinda shaking trying to hold my phone like i need to rest them and hold my phone still. And i feel like kinda anxious. Kinda nauseous. And flush.

Idk am i being paranoid or is this a possibility. I want to emphasize this isnt on purpose. This is pretty uncomfortable. And i feel lucky i have a high tolerance because this is pretty gross. Also i swear im tensing my muscles for no reason.

Anyway i know there is no way to know for sure but i just wonder if im being delusional

Thanks again sorry i have no idea why i am rambling. I feel like i cant stop my thoughts like on amphetamine but only the awake and negative effects.

Sounds like you're amped on caffeine to me...try not to freak out, it'll wear off eventually and at least it's not something really bad like methamphetamine you accidentally consumed too much of.

For the record, that's a lot of caffeine! Sometimes will take a caffeine tablet, which has 200mg in each. Honestly, I couldn't imagine taking that much in 12 hours or so. Damn, you may want to start backing that usage down a bit. Reduce a little at a time as you may not feel so well if you were to up and stop all of a sudden.

How do you know your coffee contains that much caffeine? The average dose of a large coffee is around 80-120 mg of caffeine. The strongest energy drinks have 300 mg. I would try to cut back because at a certain point I've found caffeine simply has negative effects and the positive ones disappear after becoming heavily dependent on it

Being shaky, nauseaus, anxious are side effects of high caffeine consumption. When this happens to me, my neck and temple muscles get quite tense as well.

Thanks everyone im fine now.

True i should reduce my caffeine consumption but im addicted i just cant imagine stopping.

I dont know how much caffeine is in my coffee i just took an estimate of 80 mg per serving. Your right it can vary alot if your sensitive to caffeine you might want to find out specifically for your bean brand and cup size.

Thanks ks78 esp the muscle tension helped me identify it as prob too much caffeine.

i drank two energy drinks today.
i'm nauseous very sick now.
i have never mixed energy drink
and opioid ever before. is it a
trigger to take more opiod.
i feel hopeless without it. i think
the energy drink is making me
feel like vomiting. i freel very sick
as a person. caffeine possibility ?
why so sick ? always feels like such
a f upworld.

i drank two energy drinks today.
i'm nauseous very sick now.
i have never mixed energy drink
and opioid ever before. is it a
trigger to take more opiod.
i feel hopeless without it. i think
the energy drink is making me
feel like vomiting. i freel very sick
as a person. caffeine possibility ?
why so sick ? always feels like such
a f upworld.
Im having a hard time understanding you. Did you take more opiates then you normal do?

What two energy drinks? If you dont have caffeine regularly it can prob make you feel sick.

Nausea i believe could be from either caffeine or opiates.

Caffeine is a stimulant so maybe you would be triggered to take more opiates if you dont like feeling of uppers.

What does it mean to feel sick as a human?

If you always feel like its a f up world i dont see how that could be caffeine if you only had it today.

always sick but it could be worse
i am going through a taper so i can
cope with acute withdrawal symptom
thank you for the reality check
my mind is really Really awake but
the rest of me don't want to move. ?
edit thanx for considerate cpr ☺

Last person i heard talk about opiate withdrawl described it as "vomit and diaherea coming out both ends constantly, nausea, sweating, restless legs, and like the flu x10"

Soo yea i dont do opiates but if your tapering it sounds like most likely your issue.

Most energy drinks i believe have roughly 80 mg of caffeine per serving that i think roughly a single serving of black coffee.

However, energy drinks do tend to make sicker alot faster than black coffee or caffeine pills. Might be the taste or something.

sometimes it doesn't settle right with the acute symptoms of the opioid weening.
i just try to do a little bit better everyday. and one day i can find pain management somewhere if it exists in selective locations. or maybe i will have to live and die without it. my doc is just enough but a new crisis. where DID all the opioids go. or is that the good times.

always sick but it could be worse
i am going through a taper so i can
cope with acute withdrawal symptom
thank you for the reality check
my mind is really Really awake but
the rest of me don't want to move. ?
edit thanx for considerate cpr ☺
It's only caffeine, you shouldn't look that hard into it...I do adore the admiration and devotion to harm reduction and science however.

My apologies for reading your post wrong. Opioid withdrawal is rather horrid

I bet!! The worst for me was going to jail coming off of 130mg methadone and a physical dependency of 3mg of Xanax minimum a day..
I was a methadone clinic junkie
.it was the worst feeling ever. Felt like a bomb ready to explode every moment...even after a benzo taper in jail I was still horrified

I bet!! The worst for me was going to jail coming off of 130mg methadone and a physical dependency of 3mg of Xanax minimum a day..
I was a methadone clinic junkie
.it was the worst feeling ever. Felt like a bomb ready to explode every moment...even after a benzo taper in jail I was still horrified
wow you made it ! ! !
i love you ! i mean i love it.

pT5tM8G.png

that's amazing.

i mean im by no means a regular caffeine consumer but a regular stimulant user annnnd 200-300mg of caffeine is enough to have my energy levels good enough to win a race against a monkey to climb a tree

there're times when i think caffeine itself is an underestimated drug just because its so mainstream i USED to drink god like 3-4 monsters a day but those times've long gone now 3 quarter cup is good enough for me and especially if its been 2 months since ive had one, i feel like ive just eaten amps or done a fat line of coke lol

^yes and if i drank one with sugar in it
it would ruin the whole day. so i stick to the sugar free gonna kill me with saccharine poisoning instead. i hate diet drinks but i have to drink one at least everyday to help my stomach aches. a medical doctor even said to me ' i have never heard of such a thing'. well i have and i m one of em that has to do it every day. i miss the days when i only needed water and an espresso when the going got really tough. such a simple goal but so unattainable in the current situ^