• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Buprenorphine?

Regarding tramadol and buprenorphine. I don't advise mixing lots of stuff (especially opioiods, benzodiazepines and alcohol), but if one is into SNRI effects of tramadol than tramadol after buprenorphine is ok (look out for dosages cause of tramadols propensity to cause seizures). So tramadol can be mixed with buprenorphine if one likes SNRI "high".

I am not advising mixing opioids, am only stating the facts. Take care and keep safe.
Taking tramadol while I have •very much* bupe in my brain makes me feel terrible. My head and eyes hurt and it’s the worst nausea I’ve ever gotten off of any medication. I’ve never puked, no relief, just constant nausea for sometimes days if I overdid it trying to sooth my bupe wds. But there’s a point of bupe wds where tramadol stops helping. Or the help is just too small.

Buprenorphin is very strong if you have zero tolerance. Back in the day, I snorted about 0.5 mg. Puked for almost 3 days lol! It is something like 36 hours I think?

Tramadol has an SNRI effect, taken with bupe also, can give a serotogen poisoning. (can be fatal)

Be careful, enjoy!
Some people would say that unless you have zero tolerance AT ALL bupe is not strong. It’s strong in terms of binding affinity, but being a part agonist with a low ceiling dose, like 2mg I say even tho I’ve also heard 4mg... how anyone ever gets high off bupe still remains a mystery to me. Understanding biochemistry provides a logical explanation but as someone whose never had an opioid tolerance before bupe, it’s never done anything for me.

Using buprenorphine with a low tolerance might have pretty strong effects for you. I would start with as low of a dose as possible.

For example, the first time I used bupe before I had a high opiate tolerance, I used only 2mg and had very strong effects, got nauseous at work and puked and everything.

So definitely tread with caution.
Buprenorphine acts as an agonist at 2mg or less and an antagonist at over 2mg although that’s not to say you’ll get effects off of low doses. I never have and I’ve been under 2mg for the better part of 3 years. But that length of time is likely to blame for my tolerance from hell. So 2mg is actually a “high” dose of the partial agonist effects.

Ok,
So how long until these very very small doses does do the chemicals involved become inactive enough or are gone from the body before more traditional opiates like codeine and hydrocodone affect receptors like normal and work like normal again?