• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Buprenorphine?

cripkeeper

Bluelighter
So I have plenty experience with codeine, hydrocodone, and oxycodone. Never had withdrawal or anything. I don't get them often enough for that.

So today my friend tossed me a few pills of this stuff. All the articles and post I've read are about folks whom have been on heroin or are trying to rid withdrawal sickness.

As someone who just uses opiates when they can for kicks can anyone tell me what to expect, if I should take em at all, will they do anything for me, make me sick?

Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

i was on subs for years to get off fentanyl and hydromorphs. i've never used bupe for anything other than withdrawal from other opiates. BUT i have heard countless times that subs have a profound high when used by someone with a relatively low tolerance. i would start low. bupe is a very powerful drug.

Using buprenorphine with a low tolerance might have pretty strong effects for you. I would start with as low of a dose as possible.

For example, the first time I used bupe before I had a high opiate tolerance, I used only 2mg and had very strong effects, got nauseous at work and puked and everything.

So definitely tread with caution.

Thanks for the replies, I'm very very thankful.

Also I should've added that I'm a huge drinker with a huge tolerance to alcohol so hopefully that won't hurt? Also taking a very low dose of diazepam.

Realizing I'm taking several downers (even though I've done it a hundred times) I know it only takes once if you get sloppy about it, so I took a small extra dose of vyvanse to be safe?

These are 8 mg bup.. so I simply took a tiny ass corner of it, crushed it up and snorted it, prolly not 1/8 the pill.

I appreciate the wisdom already shared and anymore to come. Thank God for this site, as I get a lil older (39) and a bit smarter, harm reduction is more appreciated. Really it's the most important of all.

Again I'm most thankful!

Don’t snort it, put the piece under your tongue and let it dissolve. It’s not a very euphoric drug since it’s a partial agonist and made for getting OFF of opiates, but it will definitely give you a buzz.

Thanks, if I attempt again I'll put it under my toungue. Also I have a shit load of tramadol (I know another shitty drug,) I don't know if I should add to potentially potentiate or be pushing the envelope, especially with the vyvanse and alcohol. I won't tonight but another day...

I'll get my refill on my script for dros for legit reasons in a few weeks, as well as codeine. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and tough out the wait... Idk, sorry to ramble. Just thinking lol.

You can’t use other opiates with bupe if it has naloxone in it. Check to see which ones you have, most of them are combined with naloxone to block other opiates

According to a very reputable mainstream pharmaceutical based website it identifies as buprenorphine hydrochloride sublingual 8 mgs.

Well then I’d probably save the tramadol for when you’re all out of the bupe because it will most likely overpower the trams and you won’t feel much

what is the brand name? do you have subutex? and also it is not the naloxone that blocks other opioids it is the bupe itself. buprenorphine has such a high binding affinity that it will not allow almost any other opiate/opioid to bind to the receptor sites. taking hydros after taking bupe will not cause precipitated withdrawals but taking hydro before bupe most likely will depending on the time between dosing each drug.

It's manufactured by Actavis, that's all I know brand wise.

I certainly don't want to ruin any future experiences with real opiates if that's the case.

How long would I need to wait for after this small dose to clear out before more traditional opiates work normally again?

there was times when i was new to the program i would use fentanyl for a few days amd not take my subs. it only took a few days before i was getting really blasted off fent again and no sub blockage. it could be longer for weaker opiates. i would think with your small dose and the fact you've only taken subs once you could probably go back to other opiates pretty soon. today or tomorrow? hopefully.. hahah

Regarding tramadol and buprenorphine. I don't advise mixing lots of stuff (especially opioiods, benzodiazepines and alcohol), but if one is into SNRI effects of tramadol than tramadol after buprenorphine is ok (look out for dosages cause of tramadols propensity to cause seizures). So tramadol can be mixed with buprenorphine if one likes SNRI "high".

I am not advising mixing opioids, am only stating the facts. Take care and keep safe.

Buprenorphin is very strong if you have zero tolerance. Back in the day, I snorted about 0.5 mg. Puked for almost 3 days lol! It is something like 36 hours I think?

Tramadol has an SNRI effect, taken with bupe also, can give a serotogen poisoning. (can be fatal)

Be careful, enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing knowledge... Evey single reply has been information I needed.
And I wonder if I should skip my daily vyvanse, especially with teams... But the benzos prolly help there to prevent seizures. I add vyvanse to regs like codeine and hydrocodone all the time with great results but I've read some post that with trams it's a different story.

2mg once made me puke. These days after a few fetnyl overdoses even 8mg has no effect even after long breaks, and even though I've never been dependent

1mg was enough for me to puke all day while nodding in and out of dreams. I'd advise starting at no more than 100ug if your opioid tolerance is low.

And I wonder if I should skip my daily vyvanse, especially with teams...

Every amphetamine will excite your nervous system and will lead to lowering of a seizure threshold. Benzodiazepines will help, as will tolerance to the stimulant you are taking. You are playing with your body and only you will suffer both positive and negative consequences. With that said, as I don't want to preach, in the interest of harm reduction lower the doses of lisdexamphetamine and tramadol if you decide to take them together. I would strongly advise to not take tramadol on the same day when you are taking lisedex (Vyvanse). It is your nervous system and your life but stil...