• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buprenorphine for chronic pain

I must.be the only one who thinks bupe works great for pain . I have a 16yr history of opiate and.heroin addicton, and bupe never fails for pain relief

I've never heard of kratom.
This is a new doctor that rx'd this medication and prior to seeing him I was seeing a doctor at clinic for back problems. They suggested pain management and I found new doctor on Google lol.
Anyway, thx again and I'm going to discuss the drowsy problems with him next visit.

we might as well all stop talking about kratom and just prepare for draining bank accounts, commiting several felonies a day, doing deadly fentanyl laced heroin and having our entire lives destroyed by pain we can no longer treat because kratom is illegal and the DEA has made it impossible for pharmacies to stock enough opiates for people with legit scripts.

I can't believe this is what america has come to for me. I am uprooting my entire life, throwing away a career and spending thousands to get residency in canada so that I can treat my pain legally.

If you doctor switched you to bupenorphine the doctor thinks you have a drug problem.

For starters it is a synthetic opiod not an opiate. I find there is a huge difference between opiods and opiates but that is just me.

Does it work for severe pain, not really. Have I had an rx for it, yep, did I like it, no, did it work for pain, not at all.

It also made me constipated. I would have the worst dreams most of them involved suicide. I never was suicidal but the stuff sure made me miserable but dreaming about suicide was just not good. I am Christian so that makes it even worse as suicide is enternal damantion.

So the only time bupe was any use to me was if I was out of medication and needed to taper off for a few days to have enough. I only need a strip, maybe because I hate the stuff, but yeah one strip to taper off opiates and I take a heavy dose.

In general I would say most people don't have good results for pain relief. If you are a drug addict, it might help, if the pain is more psychosematic it might help, but for genuine pain, I doubt it.

As far as me, I got scoliosis later in life probably due to the amount of time I spent skateboarding and snowboarding. I have pinched nerves in my back and one arm. I have broken my elbow and wrist many times, mainly the elbow which also dislocated most the breaks in the worst kind of way. I have bone shards, actual medical term going halfway up to my shoulder as they are migrating and splitting into pieces.

I have broken ribs and fingers too. I got in many fights at a very young age and the violence continued a bit into adulthood. So broken fingers and hands come along with the territory. I am not a violent person btw and rarely threw the first punch but just live in a violent area.

So long story short, I have some serious fucking pain. I find tylenol to sort that better. I do find bupe useful for wds if that is the only thing I can find.

Hope that helps.

Kratom doesn't even touch my pain compared to methadone. i think for severe pain the best options are methadone, buprenorphine and fentanyl. definitely something long acting because short acting opioid addiction sucks :) Like waking up in the middle of the night sick.
Fentanyl is the exact opposite of a long acting opiate tho lol

Yeah.. I take buprenorphine daily, and have to say, as a opioid replacement drug it is great at taking away cravings to use full agonists! However, doesn't and hasn't ever done jack shit, whenever I have been in pain! I got better relief from Tylenol and aleve, than I did from bupe! Not a good pain med in my opinion...

Yeah.. I take buprenorphine daily, and have to say, as a opioid replacement drug it is great at taking away cravings to use full agonists! However, doesn't and hasn't ever done jack shit, whenever I have been in pain! I got better relief from Tylenol and aleve, than I did from bupe! Not a good pain med in my opinion...

thats how it is for me. i mean it works for the pain the first couple of days, then i feel no pain relief from it. even if i wait long enough to feel my dose, ill i get is a little tingle in the brain but no relief from physical pain.

thats how it is for me. i mean it works for the pain the first couple of days, then i feel no pain relief from it. even if i wait long enough to feel my dose, ill i get is a little tingle in the brain but no relief from physical pain.

even herbs like kava and akuama seeds give me signifcantly more pain relief than bupe. its really a crappy drug in my opinion. i used to like it because of how good it was for opiate withdrawals, but then i realized kratom worked just as well for that and i stopped caring about bupe.

yeah, I slam mine too.. in low doses, like 1-2mg shots usually.. and even getting a ~100% bioavailability, I get the ever so slightest, short lived, bit of pain relief from them... Its different with everyone, but I know for sure, buprenorphine, is not the first choice for people in chronic pain.. any doctor who will only prescribe bupe for pain, isn't thinking too much about the patient, and more about making themselves look good and saving their own asses from prescribing things like oxycodone or morphine for example, and then thinking they will get in trouble, but why would they? as long as the patient has legit reasons and proof, why not give them something that really works? I have heard of people getting pain relief from subs.. but not too many do. I mean, I was in a little bit of an accident a month or month and a 1/2 ago, and did my normal dose of 8mg of bupe, spread out in 4-6 1-2mg shots throughout the day/night, and just barely, I mean BARELY I felt a little something from each one... but very slight relief, my back was still killing me, but for those first 10-20 mins after the shot, I felt a little better, mentally though, I love the feeling of bupe, physically, it doesn't do a whole lot... I took a shit load of OTC meds like Tylenol, Advil, and Aleve too with my subs, and still, it didn't do a whole lot.. it sucked, but I am better now. That was the first time, being on only subutex opioid wise, that, I hurt myself, and had no real full agonists to help me out with the pain.. it sucked ass too. Fuck..

...And not to derail this thread or anything, but, what happens to people, who are former addicts who are/have been on subutex, and are injured real badly, like in desperate need of full agonist pain meds??? Do they get something like methadone? Or what? That is something I have always wondered, but never exactly have I found out...

yeah, I slam mine too.. in low doses, like 1-2mg shots usually.. and even getting a ~100% bioavailability, I get the ever so slightest, short lived, bit of pain relief from them... Its different with everyone, but I know for sure, buprenorphine, is not the first choice for people in chronic pain.. any doctor who will only prescribe bupe for pain, isn't thinking too much about the patient, and more about making themselves look good and saving their own asses from prescribing things like oxycodone or morphine for example, and then thinking they will get in trouble, but why would they? as long as the patient has legit reasons and proof, why not give them something that really works? I have heard of people getting pain relief from subs.. but not too many do. I mean, I was in a little bit of an accident a month or month and a 1/2 ago, and did my normal dose of 8mg of bupe, spread out in 4-6 1-2mg shots throughout the day/night, and just barely, I mean BARELY I felt a little something from each one... but very slight relief, my back was still killing me, but for those first 10-20 mins after the shot, I felt a little better, mentally though, I love the feeling of bupe, physically, it doesn't do a whole lot... I took a shit load of OTC meds like Tylenol, Advil, and Aleve too with my subs, and still, it didn't do a whole lot.. it sucked, but I am better now. That was the first time, being on only subutex opioid wise, that, I hurt myself, and had no real full agonists to help me out with the pain.. it sucked ass too. Fuck..

...And not to derail this thread or anything, but, what happens to people, who are former addicts who are/have been on subutex, and are injured real badly, like in desperate need of full agonist pain meds??? Do they get something like methadone? Or what? That is something I have always wondered, but never exactly have I found out...
I'm surprised Bupe sucks for pain for you! In blind study thingys patients couldn't tell a difference between BUTRANS patches and FENTANYL patches. You can find these studies easily (.gov i believe). Maybe the patch is far superior to subs whether strips taken orally or even injected?

I'm surprised Bupe sucks for pain for you! In blind study thingys patients couldn't tell a difference between BUTRANS patches and FENTANYL patches. You can find these studies easily (.gov i believe). Maybe the patch is far superior to subs whether strips taken orally or even injected?

Were the patients opioid naive, or did they have a tolerance ?
Maybe bupe only helps with pain if you have a low tolerance ?