• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom BUPE TO KRATOM PLEASE HELP

I’ve just taken my first two capsules 40 mins ago after 15 hours without bupe.

I’m not sure if I’m feeling anything yet.
The capsules have around 800mg of powder in them. Should I dose another one now?
a gram and a half of standard kratom powder (non extract) isnt going to do much for anybody. With your opioid tolerance, I would suggest starting at 4-5g at the very least. If you need faster responses next time check out the group Kratom Facts on FB. Its a harm reduction based kratom forum.

I so I took another capsule an Hour ago bringing my total dosage today to 3 grand grams. Still nothing. Should I now wait a few hours before I even bother re dosing a larger 5 grams dose?

I have only been taking 1mg subs per day which is why I’ve kept the Kratom dose low.

I so I took another capsule an Hour ago bringing my total dosage today to 3 grand grams. Still nothing. Should I now wait a few hours before I even bother re dosing a larger 5 grams dose?

I have only been taking 1mg subs per day which is why I’ve kept the Kratom dose low.
give up on the capsules. break them open and just toss-n-wash. Then you wont have to wait an hour to know if you are good or not. I would wait until another couple hours and then take 5g. Kratom's effects are usually 2.5-3 hours

The capsules have around 800mg of powder in them. Should I dose another one now?
I've never seen kratom capsules that big. Most contain 500mg to 600mg, tops.

PS-- When I used kratom to get off oxys, I was taking 4 to 6 grams every 2 or 3 hours.
YMMV

Took another 5 grams an hour ago. The withdrawal has pretty much gone. But I don’t feel high. Is that normal with Kratom?

Also I’m feeling really fucking anxious like on the verge of a full blown panic attack, I have a literal tonne of benzos but I’m guessing that’s a bad combo

Also I’m feeling really fucking anxious like on the verge of a full blown panic attack, I have a literal tonne of benzos but I’m guessing that’s a bad combo
Ya kratom isnt going to get you high and yes, some people get anxiety from it. Also capsules containing 800-900 g are NOT strange at all. I know of at least 5 US vendors that carry them. They are simply sized 000 capsules

I see, yeah my anxiety is fucking crazy right now. I used a red maeng da strain too. Makes me scared to take more if I’m honest

I've never seen kratom capsules that big. Most contain 500mg to 600mg, tops.

PS-- When I used kratom to get off oxys, I was taking 4 to 6 grams every 2 or 3 hours.
YMMV
There are quite a few US vendors with sized 000 capsules that contain 750-900 grams. Im typing this for harm reduction. So that folks dont read your comment and then go assume that all kratom caps hold a half gram

I see, yeah my anxiety is fucking crazy right now. I used a red maeng da strain too. Makes me scared to take more if I’m honest
The strain means absolutely nothing. Also the anxiety may be more attributed to bupe WD than kratom's effects. Kratom has 0 GABA affinity so it likely wont help much if it is WD-related

What can I take to help me through the anxiety?

I do have like 100 0.5mg klonopins and 50 1mg ativans would it be dangerous to take one?

Kappa and delta, not mu
Yeah and what about the dopamine antagonist alkaloids? It'd be like popping a light/natural antipsychotic ontop of an opioid, rendering any mu activity not very euphoric or mood lifting, by blocking dopamine release in certain parts of the brain.

This says here that there are mu antagonists in kratom. It is related to coffee after all, which also contains shit tons of natural mu antagonists.

"Corynantheidine (9-demethylated mitragynine) did not show opioid agonistic activity in the guinea pig ileum model. However, corynantheidine was later discovered to inhibit morphine-induced twitch contraction in guinea pig ileum with selective binding affinity to the μ-opioid receptor. This finding suggests that corynantheidine is a functional and selective μ-opioid receptor antagonist."

"These results affirm kratom leaf extract acts as a dopamine D2 blocker/antagonist, similar to haloperidol." (
wow, sounds totally opioid-like...../s)

Kratom contains over 40 different alkaloids & these alkaloids vary from batch to batch, making it a terrible choice for opioid maintenance or replacement, IMO.

I'm not here to say it can't help some people, but if you're a true opioid freak like I am, kratom will never suffice.