• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom BUPE TO KRATOM PLEASE HELP

Forsakenbygod

Bluelighter
Hey guys, new memeber here.

Have been on bupe for around a year. Down at 1mg and I’ve just taken my last dose.

The way I’ve been taking my 1mg daily dose for the last year is 0.5mg split 12 hours apart.

I’ve had enough and am jumping at this dose, I have obtained about 250 grams of red maeng da Kratom to help me through withdrawals and then I plan to taper off the Kratom pretty quick.

MY QUESTION IS -

when will it be safe for me to take my first Kratom dose, I took my last dose of bupe 3 hours ago. Now knowing my body I’m not set to start feeling withdrawal symptoms of any kind for another 9-10 hours. Also what would be a good starting dose for me to start on for the Kratom to keep withdrawal at bay from 1mg Suboxone? Also with the suboxone I was never on a higher dose than 2mg this whole time. It’s always been 2mg or lower.

Any advice would be much appreciated I’m pretty scared about the next few hours

It's unlikely that the kratom will have much effect on you if you still have buprenorphine in your system. The reason for this is that buprenorphine withdrawals usually take 2-3 days to set in due to the long half-life. When using kratom, it's important to remember that the red strain is best for bedtime, the green strain (which some say is the most effective of all) is a moderate option for any time of day, and the white strain is a stimulating option for daytime use.

I'd suggest starting with small doses: 1-2 grams and waiting about 30 minutes to determine if you'd need to take another gram. I know it's somewhat wishful thinking, but if you can, set a target end date for kratom if your intention is to not take either. I'd say 8-10 days and keep a detailed log of what you take and when you take it.

Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water and Gatorade or coconut water. Take Vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium supplements. Take hot baths (with Epsom salt) or showers, and listen to music, or look for worthy distractions.

My EXPERIENCE-

1. Kratom and bupe do not cause PW with mixed together or taken soon after. Do it all the time the last few days…so don’t worry about how long since your last dose. The medical community says differently but I think they are just extrapolating data and theorizing because it does not.

2. You will likely get effect from kratom just not as much opioid effects because bupe is likely occupying a significant amount of receptors. Depends on receptor occupancy afaik. And you will still get the stimulant effects and mild albeit light mood lift. You may not notice it if you are looking for opioid effects. And everyone is different so maybe you won’t but it’s my experience that I do. And I take 2-4 mg a day bupe.

3rd. It does take away withdrawals but eventually I was having to dose too often as withdrawals got worse and two weeks later I went back on bupe at a low dose. I jumped off at 8mg btw.

This is all just my assessment of my experiences and could be immaculate because it’s subjective.

Edit: And if you’re down to .5mg or 1g for a year. Your withdrawl should mostly be psychological and Kratom should take away any residual physical withdrawl effects and help with the psychological. I jumped off at 8 and for two weeks I felt zero withdrawl (roughly) and then it got worse and worse so now I have both and make no mistake I don’t use the same amount of kratom I used to. And I don’t take the subs every day. I normally dose Kratom once a day now and used to 3-4.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't worry about precipitated withdrawal if you decide to dose together or after taking bupe..at least for me this does not happen and sure you won't really "feel" the Kratom to it's full extent but I believe they synergize quite well.
As far as as switching to get off subs..baby steps maybe rock out with ur cock out for 2-3 days until you start feeling crummy then see what Kratom has in store for you. But don't get upset if you have to go back to reaching for the sub if shit gets too wicked, just take less each time, and yes take your time. Sure it could be a death by a thousand cuts or a shitty illusion of progress but if YOU keep it 100% with yourself, I'd say you're doing great.
Otherwise yes a coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier dies but once(CT or a harsh taper?) Food for thought

Kratom wont do shit until the bupe is out as stated earlier in this thread by @mysterior. But when it is, go for 5 grams. I take that much and I am an opioid lightweight. 2 grams is an extremely light dose and wont lkely help much at all BUT the old "everyone is different" applies.

That’s not true***edit: sorry I meant in my experience-did not me to insinuate anything offensive***I took kratom the day after I took my last suboxone for my withdrawl taper and I increased it accordingly and yes it gave me some effects…depends on dosage and a lot of things regarding bupe…large dose bupe will block the opioid effects, I think 8mg is usually 80 percent occupancy or something but idk how they do that because everyone has different amounts of receptors I think.

my experience is that it will work for withdrawal as soon as you need to take it.

If you want to get an opioid high your unlikely going to get that from Kratom if you been on bupe a long time other than the other alkaloids. I take high potency kratom concurrently with suboxone and I get speed effects and a slight mood uplift and suboxone does not do shit for me in terms of that…

And agreed everyone is different.

Edit: I reread that and I think I came off like an ass @CmonYouShouldKnowBetter .

So yeah sorry about that. I didn’t intend to. Think been hanging out on Reddit too entirely much today…I got to take Reddit in small doses or not at all lol

Last edited:
Good luck OP.

I've never felt anything remotely opioid-like from any type of kratom. Maybe some sedation, nausea & constipation, but never enough of an effect to alleviate withdrawal or cravings for me.

However, everyone is different.

I think you'd be better off just tapering lower than 1mg on the subs & even when you do make the final jump, then supplement the kratom if you feel like you need it.

Withdrawals shouldn't be too brutal from 1mg, but they'll be there.

Bupe WD also lasts a lot longer than normal opioid WD, so if you're truly done, you might want to come up with some kind of plan on how you're going to handle yourself & function for the next month or so. Some people report it taking anywhere from a month to 6 months for their bupe withdrawals to stop. But they were usually on higher doses.

You can absolutely start the kratom whenever. 1mg of bupe for a year isn't going to block much of anything. Bupe is active in doses as low as 2mcg. So you can taper lower than 1mg.

Plus kratom has all kinds of non-opioid alkaloids that are active. Kratoms probably better than nothing though of course, but I just personally have never gotten much from it.

Closest I've gotten was the mitragynine extracts, which felt like a mild dose of subs but much less sedating & much much shorter acting.

Actually I'm kind of curious again how some mitragynine extracts would feel. I'm absolutely tired of Shitboxone myself. However, I'm not ready to give up opioids or anything. I just wish I had more options than shitty buprenorphine.

Anyone ever figures out a way to turn bupe into a better opioid easily, please hit me up lol (highly unlikely unfortunately)

Last edited:
That’s not true***edit: sorry I meant in my experience-did not me to insinuate anything offensive***I took kratom the day after I took my last suboxone for my withdrawl taper and I increased it accordingly and yes it gave me some effects…depends on dosage and a lot of things regarding bupe…large dose bupe will block the opioid effects, I think 8mg is usually 80 percent occupancy or something but idk how they do that because everyone has different amounts of receptors I think.

my experience is that it will work for withdrawal as soon as you need to take it.

If you want to get an opioid high your unlikely going to get that from Kratom if you been on bupe a long time other than the other alkaloids. I take high potency kratom concurrently with suboxone and I get speed effects and a slight mood uplift and suboxone does not do shit for me in terms of that…

And agreed everyone is different.

Edit: I reread that and I think I came off like an ass @CmonYouShouldKnowBetter .

So yeah sorry about that. I didn’t intend to. Think been hanging out on Reddit too entirely much today…I got to take Reddit in small doses or not at all lol
I didnt take offense at all - at the end of the day its just social media. None of it is real in terms of giving a fuck about what someone says.

You do make great points though! I should have clarified that with bupe (and especially suboxone), the OPIOID effects wont be there but the serotonergic, dopaminergic, and adrenergic activity from kratom's other alkaloids wouldnt be blocked. I forget that not everyone is here solely for the mu agonism, like I am

Last edited:
I've never felt anything remotely opioid-like from any type of kratom. Maybe some sedation, nausea & constipation, but never enough of an effect to alleviate withdrawal or cravings for me.

Kratom definitely affects everyone differently!

I've never experienced sedation, nausea, OR constipation from kratom. And I kicked a pretty heavy oxycodone habit using kratom alone-- and I experienced almost zero withdrawal symptoms.
Go figure.

Kratom definitely affects everyone differently!

I've never experienced sedation, nausea, OR constipation from kratom. And I kicked a pretty heavy oxycodone habit using kratom alone-- and I experienced almost zero withdrawal symptoms.
Go figure.
Maybe genetic?
I have 2 relatives who also used tried kratom & thought it was garbage. And they're use to methadone & hydrocodone.

You never had nausea/constipation after swallowing grams & grams of indigestible plant matter?

Almost zero withdrawal symptoms using kratom? Interesting, since even bupe can't eliminate 100% of WD's and bupe is definitely stronger than kratom.

I tend to question people who say they've kicked severe opioid habits with kratom. Kratom didn't even stop my bupe withdrawals, but it's helping people kick heroin? lol Yeah okay. I've been hanging onto two big fat bags of it for the past few years. If it had any worthwhile opioid-effects, it wouldn't still be in my possession.

Not to mention, kratom is also full of opioid ANTAGONISTS... And dopamine blockers. So unless you go with an extract, you're basically taking something that's equivalent to swallowing a bunch of opioid blockers mixed with a tiny amount of a partial agonist & antipsychotics. Sure this could help some one in withdrawal, but there are people out there who act like kratom is as good as any other opioid, when it's even more subpar than Suboxone, which is really bad.|

If kratom is so helpful & worthwhile, then I'll happily trade anyone these bags of it for a full agonist. lol

The only time kratom was worth it for me was back when they spiked it with O-Desmethyltramadol (back around 2012). Once they got banned from doing that anymore, any kind of kratom stopped doing anything for me.

None of the heroin & pain pill addicts I've recommended or had try kratom ever felt anything worthwhile from it, other than the side effects of swallowing a bunch of plant matter filled with shitty dopamine blocking alkaloids.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I’m going to give it a go. Tommorow when I finally run out of subs.

I also have the following to help with the withdrawal process -

x20 0.5 clonazepam
x40 1mg lorazepam
x20 10mg temazepam
x200 10mg Dexedrine
x7 0.1mg clonidine
A bunch of loperamide
Some old 5mg oxy IR capsules
Some old 20mg sevredol(morphine hcl) tablets
250g red Bali vein Kratom

I don’t plan on using all if any of that but it’s all there as a support blanket/safety net I certainly don’t want to swap one addiction for another I just want to be myself again. The Suboxone has definitely affected my athletic performance over the last year before being on Suboxone I was running a 10.2 second 100m sprint (I’m a track athlete) my time has dropped down to 10.8-10.9 seconds which really has affected my placement in competitions. I really just want to get through this process in as little withdrawal as possible
Good luck OP.

I think you'd be better off just tapering lower than 1mg on the subs & even when you do make the final jump, then supplement the kratom if you feel like you need it.

Withdrawals shouldn't be too brutal from 1mg, but they'll be there.

Bupe WD also lasts a lot longer than normal opioid WD, so if you're truly done, you might want to come up with some kind of plan on how you're going to handle yourself & function for the next month or so. Some people report it taking anywhere from a month to 6 months for their bupe withdrawals to stop. But they were usually on higher doses.

You can absolutely start the kratom whenever. 1mg of bupe for a year isn't going to block much of anything. Bupe is active in doses as low as 2mcg. So you can taper lower than 1mg.

Plus kratom has all kinds of non-opioid alkaloids that are active. Kratoms probably better than nothing though of course, but I just personally have never gotten much from it.

Closest I've gotten was the mitragynine extracts, which felt like a mild dose of subs but much less sedating & much much shorter acting.

Actually I'm kind of curious again how some mitragynine extracts would feel. I'm absolutely tired of Shitboxone myself. However, I'm not ready to give up opioids or anything. I just wish I had more options than shitty buprenorphine.

Anyone ever figures out a way to turn bupe into a better opioid easily, please hit me up lol (highly unlikely unfortunately)

Unfortunately I can’t taper down lower as I’ve been cut off from the Suboxone.

Maybe genetic?
I have 2 relatives who also used tried kratom & thought it was garbage. And they're use to methadone & hydrocodone.

You never had nausea/constipation after swallowing grams & grams of indigestible plant matter?
Maybe it is genetic, I dunno. I'm just reporting what happened to me. And it wasn't a placebo effect, because I tried it while seriously doubting it was going to work. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The only time I experienced nausea was early on when I took way too much once-- and even then it was more dizziness than true nausea.

And no, I don't get constipation from kratom. I do drink a LOT of coffee, a good amount of water, and I eat some kind of fiber every day. I poop 30 minutes after getting up in the morning, every morning. It's like clockwork.

Kratom, and it's active metabolite (which iss much, much more potent) a r e partial agonists of the MU receptor

Yet your buppe doses are low. Start with 5-10 grams, wait an hour and see how it feels

Do this 24 hours after last buphinorohine dose. Good Luck

A n y questions hit me up

Why 24 hours, I’m in full withdrawal like 15 hours after my last bupe dose, I know what full withdrawal feels like. By hour 12 without bupe I’m yawning and my eyes are watering and the body aches are starting, by hour 15 I’m nauseous , cold and hot, turkey skin, runny nose. Sneezing, all of the above. Surely I can take sooner than 24 hours?

My EXPERIENCE-

1. Kratom and bupe do not cause PW with mixed together or taken soon after. Do it all the time the last few days…so don’t worry about how long since your last dose. The medical community says differently but I think they are just extrapolating data and theorizing because it does not.

2. You will likely get effect from kratom just not as much opioid effects because bupe is likely occupying a significant amount of receptors. Depends on receptor occupancy afaik. And you will still get the stimulant effects and mild albeit light mood lift. You may not notice it if you are looking for opioid effects. And everyone is different so maybe you won’t but it’s my experience that I do. And I take 2-4 mg a day bupe.

3rd. It does take away withdrawals but eventually I was having to dose too often as withdrawals got worse and two weeks later I went back on bupe at a low dose. I jumped off at 8mg btw.

This is all just my assessment of my experiences and could be immaculate because it’s subjective.

Edit: And if you’re down to .5mg or 1g for a year. Your withdrawl should mostly be psychological and Kratom should take away any residual physical withdrawl effects and help with the psychological. I jumped off at 8 and for two weeks I felt zero withdrawl (roughly) and then it got worse and worse so now I have both and make no mistake I don’t use the same amount of kratom I used to. And I don’t take the subs every day. I normally dose Kratom once a day now and used to 3-4.
This is my experience also, you won't precipitate wd at 1mg.

Why 24 hours, I’m in full withdrawal like 15 hours after my last bupe dose, I know what full withdrawal feels like. By hour 12 without bupe I’m yawning and my eyes are watering and the body aches are starting, by hour 15 I’m nauseous , cold and hot, turkey skin, runny nose. Sneezing, all of the above. Surely I can take sooner than 24 hours?
You're fine to take kratom.

I’ve just taken my first two capsules 40 mins ago after 15 hours without bupe.

I’m not sure if I’m feeling anything yet.
The capsules have around 800mg of powder in them. Should I dose another one now?